Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Pro's and Con's of Religion/Spirituality

XenoFish

• Like 1

1 hour ago, third_eye said:

Let's get another George on board.... 

[00.10:24]

~

I miss George.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Well, let me rock to a stop while I'm ahead... 

[00.04:56]

~

No George of the jungle... I promise.. 

:lol:

~

WOW, takes me back to my club days, 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sherapy said:

WOW, takes me back to my club days, 

Oh... Club Days... Well... I have just the George for you... 

[00.07:39]

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I would like this to be a casual discussion regarding the benefits and negatives of religion and spirituality. This is not meant to be a god bashing thread. So I want to ask the members,

Question: Can we address points made in other people's posts, or should we just stick to our own statement?

What are the pro's and con's of religion/spirituality?

Pros: A sense of peace, given someone powerful is watching over you. Hope, in Salvation (eternal life), and in the Future here on Earth. That regardless of the bad things, good things also will show. And not just hope, but a strong belief that such will be true. 

Also a strong morality that goes back to Jesus that we can emulate.

Also community, sharing, giving, helping... 

Cons: Rules...

Each religion comes with rules. The more denominations though, often means variety in some of the rules for each. 

Also theres a loss of time, money, effort... you have to attend services. Or are highly encouraged anyway. You are likewise highly encouraged to give of money, and service volunteering.

Which all can be annoying, and troubling, if your part of a group that requires the money, service, attendence.

Theres also that some leaders are bigoted. They will teach specific people are bad.

But, again... denominations mitigate much of that. Many do NOT force you to attend, or give money, or volunteer.

How does belief affect your life in a positive way?

I generally have a can do attitude and a good outlook, and that dovetails in nicely with the Pros of Christianity. I live a very happy, and prosperous, life. Not without issues, but I never am despondent that the World is against me.

How does it affect your life in a negative way?

It does cause conflict with other members of my immediate family (Mom... Dad) who are not religious. Because they believe we just live then die. And that you just have to slog through. The idea they've been wrong for 80 years doesnt appeal to them.

Additionally I have college friends who are secular and HIGHLY liberal. Who view religion as a weakness, not a strength. And so religious discussions with they would end up being near violent with them.

What are the benefits that spiritual/religious beliefs given you?

Community. Love. Hope.

Apparent answers to prayers... on health, finances, relationships.

What has your spiritual/religious beliefs taken from you?

Not much. I believe in science and all it contains. And I believe that God et al, are beside that. Kind of the Clockmaker argument. The world will run regardless of God, or the Devil, and that includes everything under science. 

I dont necessarily believe we, Christians, must follow the Old Testament. Paul basically said we dont have to. 

Many people are in religions/ denominations that espouse violence, or hate, or money grubbing, or any of several other things. To which I'd say... leave. Go find a church group that is not money grubbing. Not hateful. Not angry. Not abusive. Vote with your feet. If everyone left the abusive churches, there would be no abusive churches.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I would like members to stick to their own post. The exception would be a question/s in regards to how or why to others beliefs. I'm looking to hopefully avoid this becoming a trashed thread. 

If anyone comes here with the sole intention to bash anyone's beliefs I will not hesitate to report who ever does that. 

Ask questions, freely discuss. No flamebaiting. That's all.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I tend not to put spirituality and religion in the same basket, because to me they can be separate from each other depending on your perspective. I have no religion, but my beliefs have a spiritual nature about them. Similarly, there are religious people who's spirituality begins and ends with God and the Heaven/Hell afterlife with angels and demons. They do not believe in the supernatural, paranormal or energetic nature of the Universe. It's either God or Satan. Still technically 'spiritual', but the terminology becomes foggy when one word defines many forms of spirituality. I, for example, don't know whether I believe in ghosts. I joke about it a lot but have no personal or external proof to sway me one way or the other. I've had inexplicable experiences (sounds, phenomena, photos), however I have no idea what caused these things to happen and won't jump into believing it was supernatural until I have something more to go on. However, I believe in souls. I believe that energy unites all things. I do not believe in a Creator or Supreme Being that is responsible for life and existence. But I believe in reincarnation and do not believe that we're tied to an eternal cycle of physical existence - that there's some 'place' our souls go to and return from between lives. That life is a game or a school, and we're here to learn for our soul's development.

Religious Pros:

• Religions offer an incredible sense of community for their followers. Members/believers meet up on a regular basis, form family bonds, support one another in times of need and rally together to support those who are suffering. Believers spend time and money supporting their community. They volunteer their time and service to many projects for people outside of their religion.
  • Religions generally have a moral/ethical foundation on which most members build themselves and their lives. Many people don't really grow up with this constant teaching throughout their childhood and adulthood. Christians in particular are reminded of these things almost daily.
  • Believing in God's supreme wisdom and power can be comforting to those who need and desire it. It allows them to explain the bad things away as being 'a part of God's plan'. They believe other bad things that happen are 'spiritual attack' and their scriptures promise deliverance and protection.
  • Religion gives you an identity. You're saved. You're one of God's children. Your purpose is to glorify God and to do his work on earth. It creates meaning for your life and a sense of purpose and uniqueness - "I knit you together in your mother's womb".
  • Religion offers God's love, forgiveness, grace, mercy, compassion, protection and guidance. Christianity doesn't come with many requirements - just believe and follow Jesus. Forgiveness will take care of your sins - it's a free bonus gift that comes with taking on the belief.

Religions Cons:

• Fear of death (if I don't believe, I'm going to Hell), shame of sin (requiring forgiveness), denial of one's human instincts and desires
  • Belief separates you from the rest of humanity - the righteous v the sinful. Once somebody leaves the church, most of the community you once felt so close to will abandon you and press you to reconsider and reclaim Jesus as your saviour.
  • Arrogant disregard and denial of conflicting beliefs. No wonder there are so many denominations of the faith. They keep disagreeing with one another and parting ways to create their own form of religion because they interpreted things differently. Add to this the way many religious people will engage in verbal arguments with anyone who challenges their beliefs.
  • Extremist and watered-down churches - you get your churches out there who are swinging too far one way or the other. WBC are infamous for their protests and violent outbursts. They're completely anti-war and homophobic. And then you have the churches who disregard most of what the bible says and just interpret it whichever way suits them - even though the bible says that it's a sin to be gay, some churches just assume that part is outdated and thus irrelevant in this day and age, appointing homosexuals to leadership in their churches. Some say that the Creation story is mere fiction but will insist that other parts of the bible are true, such as Jesus' existence, resurrection and Son Of God status.
  • Most believers can't stop themselves from seeing the world and everyone in it through religion-coloured lenses. They'll say that "Only God can judge", but anything that looks and smells like sin, they'll point out without batting an eyelid. It becomes less about an honest concern for a person's wellbeing and more about, "That's sin. I've identified a sin in someone else's life. God's not going to be happy about that. They're sinning. They must change." It took me a very long time to understand that there's nothing wrong with homosexuality. Others won't even consider it because the bible tells them it's a sin.

Spirituality Pros:

• There's no price, and no rule book. You can believe whatever you want to and can transform and grow your beliefs along the way. It's a journey.
  • There's no sin. Your moral compass guides you - realising that good and bad both have an important place in this world and they sustain each other. You don't have to beat yourself up for doing the wrong thing - you just use it as a lesson for next time and do better with the next opportunity. There's no ultimate punishment so you don't have to fear where your eternal soul will end up. You're just going to come back and try again anyway (reincarnation).
  • It's not a matter of 'do as thou wilt' - you're guided by your dedication to honour, respect and love all things - but your world opens up to infinite possibilities and potential. There's no right or wrong answer. It's all just trial and error. You're not meant to totally warp yourself into one or the other - a person delivering pain and suffering to others, nor should you try to obtain complete peace, love and harmony. Plod along, learn from your mistakes but take no shiiiit.
  • You realise that this is all just temporary, a game, a challenge, a lesson. You can either waste it or make something out of it. It's the ultimate simulator experience, and you realise you're way more powerful than anyone allowed you to believe. You become more aware of the power of your thoughts and how this effectively manifests your reality. You realise telepathy, dreams, premonitions, coincidences, signs and synchronicities serve as guide posts and help you to realise that your gifts are becoming more powerful - after all, everything is energy and energy unites all.
  • You have an open mind but intuition is there to guide you. What is right for you can be wrong to someone else, but you accept that. And then you begin to understand that everything, from the greatest good to the hellishly bad is all serving a purpose. There's good in the bad and bad in the good. There is balance. It doesn't make the bad stuff right, and doesn't mean we should ignore it and allow it - but to a spiritual person, sometimes this was a key part to someone's story to help their soul to learn a lesson they needed.

Spirituality Cons:

• Spiritual people tend to have big egos. They see their 'gifts' and 'abilities' as something extraordinary and special. Psychics, empaths, lightworkers, mediums, healers, twin flames etc. will often evolve this sort of holier-than-thou God complex, where they get too attached to their divinity and identity as a spiritual person. People who believe in twin flames are often stuck in a toxic relationship (or obsessed with someone who isn't interested) but hold onto it because they believe they receive convincing signs that their lover is the 'other half' of their soul (divine masculine/divine feminine). These concepts are damaging, limiting and dangerous for people who take them too far. It seems to be a common part of the beginner's process but if it is not shed with time, it can lead into some serious personality issues.
  • The belief in 'something else', be it angels, demons, energy, guides, dreams, gifts, abilities etc. can just pull people into another hole of reliance. Many spiritual people love to get healings or card readings, palm readings and book time with mediums. They believe these other people have the ability to do something extraordinary and special, and will trade money for their time and efforts. Many people hold onto whatever a medium has told them about their future. Many continue to revisit healers without making any dietary or lifestyle changes, nor taking the time to look into their emotional situations. With a belief in the spiritual side of things as their basis, they start to treat 'spirituality' like a religion and turn to 'more spiritual' people to help them guide their lives and make their decisions.
  • Some believe that they are alien spirits, angels, reincarnations of celebrities and historical figures, time warping entities etc. I believe the unstructured nature of spirituality gives people the idea that they can adopt a belief and commit themselves to it - and they'll make up elaborate lies to convince others of their identity. I came across one girl who claimed to be able to channel Jesus, Lilith (apparently Adam had a first wife before Eve) and Lucifer. It was scary AF. She wrote posts as this sort of ghetto, gangster Jesus who had no problem swearing, Lucifer was filled with love and light but promised destruction. She was batshet crazy and attacked anyone who questioned her.
  • Reliance and belief in cards, stones, crystals, essential oils, meditation, healings, readings etc. I found them fun and interesting - for a while there, I believed in them, but I let them go. They weren't necessary. I feel it actually clouds your mind and takes the focus away from spiritual growth, the same as adopting new labels does. I know I am empathic, but I started to use it as a proud, egotistical way to describe and promote myself. I know how to read cards and use pendulums - but I've abandoned them because they're not necessary. They just create distraction from what really matters. The most important thing we can do for ourselves is to spend time alone, to learn the beauty and benefits of meditation (which is just relaxing and trying to calm down the mind) and to learn about ourselves and shed all the old habits and thoughts that no longer serve us. It's all internal work that no one else can help you with. Sure, it's great to get advice, but the work starts and ends with you. No amount of essential oils are going to heal your depression and anxiety.

At first, I needed something to fill the void that abandoning Christianity had left behind. I didn't want to believe in someone, but I felt like I wanted to understand more about life and whether there was a spiritual aspect to it.

In comparison with Christianity, I feel like I'm learning more and learning deeper than before. I understand why it's important to understand and accept than to judge and criticise (in some cases). I understand that it's okay to accept and embrace my dark side. I don't feel guilty for my choices anymore unless I know I've deliberately done something to hurt someone else, something that I avoid at all costs anyway. I find forgiveness more meaningful because I'm not being told to do it, I know when I feel like I'm ready to and want to. I think that's the same with everything. I'm always learning, but I'm finally satisfied with the person I am today and committed to always becoming a better version of myself everyday. I love that I accept and love all people regardless of their beliefs now. That I can hold conversations with anybody and want to truly understand where they're coming from without wanting to change their mind and make them understand my way.

I've been able to heal so many past traumas because of the path I've chosen. I'm not scared of being hurt or losing what I have. I have faith in every day and I know that whatever happens will have a purpose, whether I understand its meaning straight away or whether I need to keep going and wait until it becomes clear later down the track. I finally have peace. I feel free.

I think each phase has its negatives. For a long time I thought that I could change the world by changing myself - that the way I conducted myself and the vibes I gave out could effect each person I came into contact with just that little bit and that over the course of time, with the efforts of myself and people like me, we could change the world. When I started exploring spirituality (as opposed to religion), I was very interested in precious stones, incense, oils, mantras, pendulums and card readings. I sought guidance and comfort from them and the things they could offer me. I told myself to take it all in with a pinch of salt but still spent hours scouring spiritual groups on social media for free readings etc. I trusted other people more than myself. And then I got drawn into all of the labels like I mentioned above - healer, empath, light worker, twin flames, soulmates, indigo children etc. I wanted some sense of purpose - to understand who I am and why I feel so different, and to know that my life had meaning. I felt like I was here to do something incredible, even if it was only on a small scale in my own personal life. My intentions were always good, in my mind. I just wanted to spread love and help other people. But I became lost and just found a new way to appease my ego and separate myself from others as something special.

My commitment to doing and being good all the time had adverse affects as well. I couldn't understand why hurtful people wouldn't respond to my kindness and compassion. It didn't seem to make any difference at all. And it hurt - to know that I was suppressing my deeper desire to snap back at them and give them a 'dose of their own medicine' - which took strength, bravery and effort to do so, and instead, treated them better than they were treating me. How could they not realise that I was being so gracious? How did it not make them stop in their tracks and change their tune? Could they not see how unreasonable and cruel they were being to someone so nice? It was wrong of me to assume as much - because some people are just a$$hats no matter how they're treated, and it was manipulative of me to try to make them treat me better.

On another note, I've also completely alienated myself from my family. They still love me just as much, and it hasn't affected how much time we spend together - but I feel like an outsider. This is a product of my own perception as well as the things I've observed. I know that I'm the psychedelic sheep of a very religious family. They don't understand my beliefs and they don't agree with them. They're all very committed to their faith - my parents are serving as missionaries overseas and my brother was just ordained as a Lutheran pastor. They all understand each other and support each other in their lives. I was the one who was smoking the devil's lettuce (I quit) and starting conversations about reincarnation and the balance of good and bad energy. It's like we speak different languages now, and in every birthday/Christmas card, my grandparents like to remind me that Jesus loves me and how important it is to have him in my life. I've been there, I understand their intentions are love-based and that they really care, but it makes me resent the religion because I feel so distant and separated from the people I love the most. I feel like they see me as a 'deserter' of my faith who chose a life of sin and pleasure over God's love and forgiveness, and that they pity me and grieve the idea that I'd be going to Hell.

I feel free to learn at my own pace. I don't feel guilty if I go a few weeks without consciously and deliberately concentrating on some part of my journey - healing, understanding, growth, change etc. I feel safe knowing that mistakes I make are just showing me where I can learn and do better, rather than the way my past crippled me with remorse and guilt for the smallest, most insignificant poor decisions. I am guided by my feelings, something religion never allowed for. I know when things feel good and I know not to repeat things when I try them and they feel bad or have negative consequences, for me or someone else. I'm also learning more recently that it's okay to explore my dark side and allow it to have more of a role in my life. I don't need to be nice to nasty people. I don't need to submit and be selfless all the time. I don't need to watch what I say and consider everyone else's feelings all the time.

I've gained self-worth, self-acceptance, self-love - all of which I lost at the expense of caring about others more than myself. It's not my responsibility to make anyone else happy. I love to do it, but I don't have to. I'm allowed to say no. I don't need to always give, even when other people need it. I'm learning to set boundaries and release myself from people who are toxic. I'm learning to release the pain of the past and use the memories as reference notes for the future when I encounter similar situations and need to know how to handle them better. But all of these things are more psychological personal development than spiritual things...

My belief in reincarnation and souls gives me the hope that all of this is not just chance and temporary. That there's meaning to experiencing life and that I am not just some squishy body that's having thoughts and feelings because my mushy little grey brain up there is electrically charged. It gives me the comfort that there's more to the love I feel, more to the experience I'm having and more to the interactions I have with others. I'm not content with a purely scientific view of life that suggests we're just overgrown monkeys that took millennia to develop into these conscious, intelligent beings by chance. All that we can do, all that we are and the love that is shared between us and all living things astonishes me.

Taken away the fear of death; taken away the guilt of making ordinary human mistakes and giving in to normal, human instincts and desires; taken away the requirement to read my bible and pray and attend church; taken away the concept of one life in order to make a decision about my eternal fate; taken away my judgement over other people; taken away my self-loathing and perceptual 'sinfulness'.

It's also taken away my ability to connect with everyday people. I can't pretend to be interested in The Kardashians or the latest celebrity news, or make up brands. It's even changed my taste in music - I still love everything I used to get into, but on occasion. I don't listen to metal on the daily like I used to. I still absolutely adore it, but tend to choose music with meaningful lyrics that I resonate with now. I'm no longer needing to explore my dark, depressive feelings so metal is just for enjoyment rather than expression now. I can't get into today's music - it's bland and repetitive and feels incredibly fake and generic. It pains me to be forced to listen to the local radio station at work every day because they play the same crap over and over and there's nothing to it.

I'm so unsatisfied with bland, everyday conversations. "How's work" and "have you seen this new popular show", the weather and trending outrage topics on Facebook. I reluctantly use them to pretend like I'm relating to people but it leaves me feeling drained and dissatisfied. Why doesn't anybody really level with me and talk about anything deeper. Why does everyone feel the need to complain about something all the time? As soon as one situation is resolved, they find something else to complain about. No one's ever satisfied and everyone's functioning on this basic level, going no deeper and no further. (That's why I love this forum. People are talking about things in depth and actually using the English language intelligently. People are using proper grammar, full sentences, paragraph structures, proper spelling and have excellent vocabularies. I love words. I love writing and expressing myself through written word. I love learning how to spell things and discovering the definitions for new words I've never come across before. I've usually got a tab open ready to Google the words I come across that I don't know.)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

"I love it, I don't necessarily like it, but I love it, if you follow... (what I mean) "

'Sir' Peter O'Toole 

~

Edited by third_eye
Android keyboard
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, third_eye said:

"I love it, I don't necessarily like it, but I love it, if you follow... (what I mean) "

'Sir' Peter O'Toole 

~

Do you have anything to offer that's on topic? 

• Like 1

** removed** I had not read Xeno's response about not commenting on others except questions.

Edited by Desertrat56

28 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

** removed** I had not read Xeno's response about not commenting on others except questions.

I just don't want this to become just another, I'm right, you're wrong type of thread.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I just don't want this to become just another, I'm right, you're wrong type of thread.

Yes, and I knee jerked again at a specific poster's claims.  I sometimes am part of the strife.

• Like 2

On 12/20/2019 at 11:46 AM, XenoFish said:

I would like this to be a casual discussion regarding the benefits and negatives of religion and spirituality. This is not meant to be a god bashing thread. So I want to ask the members,

What are the pro's and con's of religion/spirituality? Religion can bring a sense of community as well as elitism. Religion is another persons spirituality usually bound by cultural trappings. Spirituality is open ended. It can lead to meaning in one's life or it can cause a person to become toxic. 

How does belief affect your life in a positive way? From a pure chaos magic perspective, I can change belief like people change underwear. 

How does it affect your life in a negative way? The nihilistic paradigm I dug myself into has lead me down a self-destructive path.

What are the benefits that spiritual/religious beliefs given you? The closest I come to having a spiritual belief is that I am a product of the cosmos and to it I will one day return. 

What has your spiritual/religious beliefs taken from you? Sanity.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Yes, and I knee jerked again at a specific poster's claims.  I sometimes am part of the strife.

You didn't know me when I first started here. Yeah, I was not a very nice guy.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Don’t even worry about it, feedback for some would be used for personal growth.

Some are here to troll and derail we know who they are and so do you. 

Just my two cents, back on topic. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

You didn't know me when I first started here. Yeah, I was not a very nice guy.

You used feedback to grow and work through anger. 

You have always been a good guy at your core.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

For me, religion without dogma is spirituality.

Religion that advocates dogma stresses exclusive, meaning you need to join this group to get love, success, empowerment, self esteem, gods love and blessings etc.  Spirituality stresses inclusive it is a given that one is worthy of love, empowered, successful, blessings  etc. etc. the focus is on sharing and seeing through the eyes of unity they wouldn’t stress being limited for choosing another path, either covertly or overtly. 

John 14:2

“In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you” 

To me this is the essence of spirituality. 

There are those that apply religion in a spiritual context. 
And there are those that don’t.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Simply Bill and to a large degree Die Checker, Hammer  and Guyver are really inspirational examples of their religion.

Each in different ways.

Sherapy: you’re an answer to prayer. My last post on UM was in March of 2018, nearly a year and eight months ago. Recently, I’ve been following some of the posts and I was thinking of returning, but wasn’t sure if I’d be welcomed back. I actually prayed about it, telling God that I would only return if I got a personal invitation from one of the members, while thinking, “Yeah right. Like that’s going to happen.” Two days later I see this topic, scroll through the posts, and there’s your personal invitation. Thank you! I’ve really missed you guys.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, simplybill said:

Sherapy: you’re an answer to prayer. My last post on UM was in March of 2018, nearly a year and eight months ago. Recently, I’ve been following some of the posts and I was thinking of returning, but wasn’t sure if I’d be welcomed back. I actually prayed about it, telling God that I would only return if I got a personal invitation from one of the members, while thinking, “Yeah right. Like that’s going to happen.” Two days later I see this topic, scroll through the posts, and there’s your personal invitation. Thank you! I’ve really missed you guys.

Awww, I have missed you my friend, I often wondered about you. :wub:

You have inspired this Agnostic, we have had great conversations haven’t we.

Wow, what a great story, Thanks for sharing it. You are an integral part of our UM family. I bet Stubbs misses you too. 
Welcome back, Bill.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Do you have anything to offer that's on topic? 

Good luck... 

:tu:

~

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

On 12/20/2019 at 10:46 AM, XenoFish said:

Xenofish: First off: It’s good to be back, and it’s good to see old friends.

Secondly: thank you for the great topic. I’ve been thinking about it all day, hoping to come up with a way to pinpoint my personal experience. I think I got it:

Remember the days when you’d walk into a restaurant and the hostess would smile and ask “Smoking or Non-Smoking?” Jesus had a similar approach. He once responded to a question with:  “The stone the builders rejected   has become the cornerstone. Everyone who falls on that stone will be broken to pieces; anyone on whom it falls will be crushed.”  Or to put it simply, “Broken or Crushed?”

There’s a story about Michelangelo that may or may not be true. He supposedly was asked how it was possible to turn a huge, rough chunk of granite into the magnificent statue of David. Michelangelo replied, “I take away everything that doesn’t look like David.” That’s been my experience with being a Christian. At first it took a hydraulic concrete crusher to break the granite of my abusive, self-centered, delusional personality. Fortunately, at this point in my walk with Jesus, my still-stubborn rebelliousness only requires a sledgehammer and a sturdy chisel. The goal, of course, is “More of Him, and less of me.” 

There are times when I’m sort of flabbergasted to see that progress is being made. It almost feels like an out-of-body experience. I’ll be in a difficult situation, and I want to respond with the anger and intimidation that I used in the past, but instead I respond with kindness, or gentleness. It’s as though I’m standing outside of myself thinking, “Who are you, and what did you do with Bill?” 

The goal of following Jesus isn’t to become a magnificent statue of Bill, because there’s really no reward in becoming a better “Me”. The reward, to put it simply, is being given the opportunity to become more like the Hero who saved me from myself.

Edited by simplybill
Bad grammar.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, simplybill said:

I don't believe we have interacted before, but I already think I like you. :)

I look forward to seeing what you have to say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sherapy said:

Awww, I have missed you my friend, I often wondered about you. :wub:

You have inspired this Agnostic, we have had great conversations haven’t we.

Wow, what a great story, Thanks for sharing it. You are an integral part of our UM family. I bet Stubbs misses you too. 
Welcome back, Bill.

Missed you too, Sherapy! I feel like I’m at a family reunion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

I don't believe we have interacted before, but I already think I like you. :)

I look forward to seeing what you have to say.

Jodie.Lynne: nice to meet you! 

• Like 3