Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

74 years on - was General Patton murdered ?

Recommended Posts

 
Hawken

If Patton would have lived. I often wonder if he would have committed suicide due to his condition. He was a proud soldier.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
1 hour ago, UM-Bot said:

General George S. Patton, who died in 1945, was one of the most celebrated military leaders of World War II.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/333185/74-years-on--was-general-patton-murdered

If the US military were given orders to off someone then why would they use a car accident? A car accident which I might add didnt kill him outright but left him unable to talk for 12 days. He died in hospital from heart failure 12 days later due to his respiratory system no longer functioning properly.

What about his wife? She was allowed to visit him yet they didnt pop her off? There was absolutely no evidence of fowl play or even the suggestion of it back then. This is history revisionists trying to create new conspiracy theories.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbledore the Awesome

There's strong grounds for suspicion, as he was almost fanatical about carrying on the fight, this time against the Russians.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
46 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

What about his wife? She was allowed to visit him yet they didnt pop her off? There was absolutely no evidence of fowl play or even the suggestion of it back then. This is history revisionists trying to create new conspiracy theories.

It's actually a old conspiracy theory dredged back up. Many of his soldiers, my grandfather included, thought he was murdered. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
1 minute ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

There's strong grounds for suspicion, as he was almost fanatical about carrying on the fight, this time against the Russians.

Big time!! He was talking to his Native scouts about it. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbledore the Awesome
46 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

If the US military were given orders to off someone then why would they use a car accident? A car accident which I might add didnt kill him outright but left him unable to talk for 12 days. He died in hospital from heart failure 12 days later due to his respiratory system no longer functioning properly.

well, if he'd been shot that would surely have looked suspicious. Who could he have been shot by without it looking suspicious? Some Private who just happened to have his rifle loaded and cocked and ready just as he was inspecting the troops? Some mystery sniper that they could blame on the Germans? The British helped Hitler discreetly get rid of Rommel after his involvement (if on the periphery) of the July 20 plot by shooting up his car, so giving Hitler the chance to announce that he'd died of his injuries, but now that the war was over they'd have had to be more careful getting rid of Patton.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Debra F. II
1 hour ago, Hawken said:

If Patton would have lived. I often wonder if he would have committed suicide due to his condition. He was a proud soldier.

I think he was to proud to have done that, he definitely was not a coward and hard times didnt ruffle his feathers.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
Just now, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

well, if he'd been shot that would surely have looked suspicious. Who could he have been shot by without it looking suspicious? Some Private who just happened to have his rifle loaded and cocked and ready just as he was inspecting the troops? Some mystery sniper that they could blame on the Germans? The British helped Hitler discreetly get rid of Rommel after his involvement (if on the periphery) of the July 20 plot by shooting up his car, so giving Hitler the chance to announce that he'd died of his injuries, but now that the war was over they'd have had to be more careful getting rid of Patton.  

What kind of parallel universe are you living in?

Rommel committed suicide via cyanide pill for his part in a plot to kill Adolf Hitler. As he was a war hero the German people were told he had died of a heart attack instead.

There is no evidence that Patton was assassinated and if he was I would have expected the guilty military to have been far more competent at it than they were. As it was he cracked his head on the glass window inside his car damaging his neck and spinal cord. He was left alive for 12 days until his heart finally failed but during that time was talking.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Debra F. II
17 minutes ago, Piney said:

It's actually a old conspiracy theory dredged back up. Many of his soldiers, my grandfather included, thought he was murdered. 

Yeah, his enemies were world wide. He did his job extremely well and a lot of people dont like it when others do good or have certain authority'sthey think someone shouldn't. 

I am surprised that an accident took place to begin with, you can dodge bullets, tanks, bombs and war debris for years on end and survive but a parked vehicle on the side of the road disables you. Yeah somethings strange there with this event.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
4 minutes ago, Debra F. II said:

Yeah, his enemies were world wide. He did his job extremely well and a lot of people dont like it when others do good or have certain authority'sthey think someone shouldn't. 

I am surprised that an accident took place to begin with, you can dodge bullets, tanks, bombs and war debris for years on end and survive but a parked vehicle on the side of the road disables you. Yeah somethings strange there with this event.

He scared a lot of American politicians to death. He would of won anything he ran for, including president. 

One of my Native grandfather's, Wilbur Gould, was one of his scouts and worshiped him. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbledore the Awesome
43 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

What kind of parallel universe are you living in?

Rommel committed suicide via cyanide pill for his part in a plot to kill Adolf Hitler. As he was a war hero the German people were told he had died of a heart attack instead.

There is no evidence that Patton was assassinated and if he was I would have expected the guilty military to have been far more competent at it than they were. As it was he cracked his head on the glass window inside his car damaging his neck and spinal cord. He was left alive for 12 days until his heart finally failed but during that time was talking.

What are you arguing about? Hitler may have wanted his revenge on the perpetrators of the July 20 plot (and can you blame him), but out of recognition of Rommel's status as a national hero he preferred to do it discreetly, and the injuries he sustained when the RAF shot up his car was just the opportunity he needed. Similarly, to have obviously bumped off Patton, or in some circumstances that might have made people go <_<, would have aroused fury wouldn't it. They couldn't have been sure that a staged accident would have been fatal of course, but even if it wasn't it wouldn't have looked unduly suspicious, and it would at least have gotten him out of the way for a while while they thought of some other way of keeping him quiet. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Piney
2 hours ago, Hawken said:

If Patton would have lived. I often wonder if he would have committed suicide due to his condition. He was a proud soldier.

He was a staunch believer in reincarnation and that suicide put you in a worse situation in the next life. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
1 hour ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

What are you arguing about? Hitler may have wanted his revenge on the perpetrators of the July 20 plot (and can you blame him), but out of recognition of Rommel's status as a national hero he preferred to do it discreetly, and the injuries he sustained when the RAF shot up his car was just the opportunity he needed. Similarly, to have obviously bumped off Patton, or in some circumstances that might have made people go <_<, would have aroused fury wouldn't it. They couldn't have been sure that a staged accident would have been fatal of course, but even if it wasn't it wouldn't have looked unduly suspicious, and it would at least have gotten him out of the way for a while while they thought of some other way of keeping him quiet. 

History revision doesnt work on me.

The state funeral of Rommel is there on YouTube for everyone to watch and the official COD is heart failure. His wife and two sons present at the funeral know he had taken a cyanide pill, but play along with it for the best interests of Germany.

Rommel had 3 choices:

Public trial followed by execution (which would have harmed his image and German moral).

Suicide (the SS would come collect him by car and take him someone where he would swallow a cyanide capsule).

Visit Hitler and give a defence (while not good for our side of the conflict, maybe he should have had the balls to go tell Hitler why he did it and tell him he would cost Germany the war).

Edited by RabidMongoose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.