Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Republicans have 'always' relied on voter sup

ExpandMyMind

One of Donald Trump’s top re-election advisers told influential Republicans in swing state Wisconsin that the party has “traditionally” relied on voter suppression to compete in battleground states, according to an audio recording of a private event. The adviser said later that his remarks referred to frequent and false accusations that Republicans employ such tactics.

But the report emerged just days after news that a conservative group is forcing Wisconsin to purge upwards of 230,000 people from state voter rolls more than a year earlier than planned, a move that would disproportionately affect Democrats before the 2020 election.

And it came as the latest fund-raising totals showed that the Republican National Committee, spurred by aggressive anti-impeachment fundraising, heads into 2020 with more than seven times as much cash on hand as the Democratic National Committee – $63m for the RNC against $8.3m for the DNC, according to FEC filings, Axios reported.

Justin Clark, a senior political adviser and senior counsel to Trump’s re-election campaign, made the remarks about voter suppression on November 21 as part of a wide-ranging discussion about strategies in the 2020 campaign, including more aggressive use of monitoring of polling places on election day in November 2020.

“Traditionally it’s always been Republicans suppressing votes in places,” Clark said at the event. “Let’s start protecting our voters. We know where they are. ... Let’s start playing offense a little bit. That’s what you’re going to see in 2020. It’s going to be a much bigger program, a much more aggressive program, a much better-funded program.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/dec/21/trump-adviser-republicans-voter-suppression

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

:sleepy:

Boring!

And Democrats bus in thousands of illegals and give them fraudulent voter cards.

The Truth is...Americans have a voice and it was heard loud and clear in 2016 and it will be heard loud and clear again in 2020. There isn't anyone or anybody who can otherwise affect the will of the American Voters.  That is the genius of the Electoral College.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

A far-left UK newspaper trying to claim that its the Republicans who lie to the population. That paper is useful for only one thing - cheaper toilet paper.

Just so you know that newspaper is so far-left I dont think there are any that actually beat it. Not unless you can find a Communist Weekly publication.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

One person's "voter suppression", is another person's "clearing out the dead, nonexistent, illegal immigrant, and multiple name voters".

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 5

I wonder if we will ever be able to listen to the full audio ourselves or if we will only be able to see the exclusive snippet. Since the paper has the leaked audio.

This is what I mean, without actually having the full audio ourselves I have no idea what context the statement was said in.

As should be clear from the context of my remarks, my point was that Republicans historically have been falsely accused of voter suppression and that it is time we stood up to defend our own voters,” Clark said. “Neither I nor anyone I know or work with would condone anyone’s vote being threatened or diluted and our efforts will be focused on preventing just that.”

Audio of the event at a country club in Madison obtained by the liberal group American Bridge was provided to AP by One Wisconsin Now, a Madison-based liberal advocacy group.

It's like cool you have a leaked audio, why not share it with the people to listen to themselves if it's so damming, instead of giving us select types snippets.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, DieChecker said:

One person's "voter suppression", is another person's "clearing out the dead, nonexistent, illegal immigrant, and multiple name voters".

That's only legitimate if the names they're removing are in fact, "dead, non-existent, illegal immigrant and multiple name voters."

My wife and I are taking the training to become election judges.  Our job will be to sit at the precincts and make sure everybody stays honest.  Crooked local elections are a threat to our free elections.  I urge everybody who wants to strike a blow for democracy to do this.  Just having a judge present, no matter that person's politics, goes a long way toward keeping everybody honest.

Doug

• Like 6

On 12/22/2019 at 8:31 PM, Doug1029 said:

That's only legitimate if the names they're removing are in fact, "dead, non-existent, illegal immigrant and multiple name voters."

My assumption is that there's rigorous methods to check, and not just "didnt vote in last election", or "doesnt have current address". 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DieChecker said:

My assumption is that there's rigorous methods to check, and not just "didnt vote in last election", or "doesnt have current address". 

In Oklahoma you have five years in which to vote.  If you don't, your name is removed from the rolls.  You can get it back on by going down to the courthouse and asking for it to be put back on.  Occasionally somebody gets a nasty surprise, but if they had been more diligent in voting, they wouldn't have a problem.

An address is needed to determine the correct precinct.  The rule is usually used to keep homeless people from voting.  To my way of thinking, if they can produce documentation that lists their address as the local homeless shelter, or "under the freeway bridge," they should be as entitled to vote as anybody else.

Doug

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2019 at 9:00 AM, Doug1029 said:

To my way of thinking, if they can produce documentation that lists their address as the local homeless shelter, or "under the freeway bridge," they should be as entitled to vote as anybody else.

Doug

I tend to agree that everyone should be able to vote. 

Perhaps we should go back to what "barbaric" nations do with indelible ink on the finger? Only living people then vote, and only once.

• Like 1

my name was "purged" off of the voting roll prior to the last election and i received no notice. had i not checked myself I would've shown up on voting day uselessly(or more so than usual anyway)

Edited by Robotic Jew
  • Like 1

After voting by mail in 2016, I got a letter a week after the election saying due to "inconsistancies" in how I signed it, that my vote was nulled.

Who knows how many Democrat election volunteers rejected Republican votes. Myself, I think the system is prone to bias.

still say. .the only way you can really get a handle on who is popular.. is make voting mandatory for people over the age 18 and over. .its what we do here.. so really there is none of the electrol college bs that you guys have.. 

who ever gets the most votes wins.. (eg popular vote)..  though you can still end up voting for the party you do not want in if your not careful.. the candidate your voting for might give their preferences to the people you dont want.. 

• Like 3

nonsense, it is much much easier to manipulate 100 million votes, than 500 votes, EC is there for a reason,  popular vote is a floodgate for voter fraud. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/22/2019 at 8:33 AM, joc said:

:sleepy:

Boring!

And Democrats bus in thousands of illegals and give them fraudulent voter cards.

The Truth is...Americans have a voice and it was heard loud and clear in 2016 and it will be heard loud and clear again in 2020. There isn't anyone or anybody who can otherwise affect the will of the American Voters.  That is the genius of the Electoral College.

YUP!   And Judicial Watch has been doing some digging: 

https://www.judicialwatch.org/videos/judicial-watch-finds-millions-of-extra-registrants-on-voting-rolls-in-multiple-states-lawsuits/?utm_source=deployer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=action+alert&utm_term=members&utm_content=20200109214515&utm_source=deployer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=action+alert&utm_term=members&utm_content=20200109220055

• Thanks 1

On 1/7/2020 at 10:20 PM, DingoLingo said:

still say. .the only way you can really get a handle on who is popular.. is make voting mandatory for people over the age 18 and over. .its what we do here.. so really there is none of the electrol college bs that you guys have.. 

who ever gets the most votes wins.. (eg popular vote)..  though you can still end up voting for the party you do not want in if your not careful.. the candidate your voting for might give their preferences to the people you dont want.. 

Ive become in favor of eliminating the electoral college but I want to add another twist to the system. No more VP candidates. The top vote getter for President becomes President and the one who gets the second most becomes Vice President. 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 4:01 AM, Farmer77 said:

Ive become in favor of eliminating the electoral college but I want to add another twist to the system. No more VP candidates. The top vote getter for President becomes President and the one who gets the second most becomes Vice President. 

That was essentially the system till 1804, except it used the electoral college.  It didnt really work out so great and caused a decent amount of problems.

1 hour ago, DarkHunter said:

That was essentially the system till 1804, except it used the electoral college.  It didnt really work out so great and caused a decent amount of problems.

I think ive reached a point that id rather deal with those problems than the current two party set up. Its time we de-incentivize the rabid partisanship or partisanship is all thats gonna be left.

• Like 1

Whoever is eventually elected would gave to reinstate the office of Chief Taste Tester. We think the back stabbing between parties is bad now....they would be using actual knives.

On 1/10/2020 at 1:01 AM, Farmer77 said:

Just to be an SOB, I'm going to propose that we ditch the Electoral College also, and the President will be elected by each state getting a single vote and whomever wins the most states wins.

3 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Just to be an SOB, I'm going to propose that we ditch the Electoral College also, and the President will be elected by each state getting a single vote and whomever wins the most states wins.

Only if  we get to have a battle royale in each state to decide who theyre voting for. No weapons, eye gouging or fishooking everything else goes! :D

• Haha 1

Sorry this Browns hire has me all wound up

• Haha 1

On 1/10/2020 at 5:01 PM, Farmer77 said:

sounds like the way to do it.. I mean with the EC.. what is the point in voting? because it wont matter who might win the majority.. the EC decides over all (and to me that reeks of a lot of corruption)..  thats very much a case of.. we do not care what the will of the people decide.. we care whats the best of us.. 

• Like 1