Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brittany Murphy's half brother says murder

Ozfactor

I always thought it was suspicious how Brittany Murphy died and a few months later her husband died in similar circumstances.

Her half brother believes money was the reason Brittany Murphy was murdered. 
I don't know if I agree his theory, but I agree that is was a suspicious situation. 

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/brittany-murphys-brother-reveals-shocking-theory-about-her-death/news-story/b849f25431f0de41d559a4d51961bb6f

Brittany Murphy’s half-brother insists that the star’s death in 2009 was murder, despite what the coroner ruled at the time.

Tony Bertolotti believes there was a lot more going on when his actress half-sister collapsed at the Beverly Hills home she shared with her husband, Simon Monjack.

Her husband dying roughly five months later under similar circumstances has only reinforced Bertolotti’s theory that there was more at play inside the household, where her mother, Sharon, was also present.

He added: “You have to go back to the money. Jimmy Hendrix died, but the money kept flowing for many, many years afterwards. Sometimes an actress is worth more dead than alive. You’ve got to look at who’s collecting the money now? I don’t know. Every time the movie comes on, someone is getting paid. Whoever’s got the money knows the truth.”

• Like 1

Sometimes... even young, healthy people pass suddenly and unexpectedly.  She sounds like she should have been hospitalized for the pneumonia.  I lost my oldest brother-in-law this February because he chose not to go to the hospital while he had the flu :(   All I know for sure is that she was a lovely young lady who passed too soon.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The problem here is that her husband died just five months later from almost identical symptoms - pneumonia and anaemia. Wild coincidence, maybe, but definitely interesting enough to cause speculation and scepticism.

Adding to that, he persistently requested that a post-mortem not be conducted on her body.

He was regularly described by co-workers and family of Murphy that he was a 'bad guy' and a 'con man', with warrants and substantial debts to his name.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/the-hollywood-tragedy-that-still-intrigues-us-years-later/news-story/95115062ba8577d40f552fa2b3d0d77d

To me, it seems the family's desire to see more investigation and their suspicion warrants further investigation. There seems to be a lot of doubt that the current rulings surrounding her death aren't satisfactory or convincing enough for those closest to her.

• Like 1

Odd that she "intentionally" left her husband out of her will. It could have been because of all his debts. They would have eaten everything up if he even intended to pay them. Sounds like she wanted to take care of her mom if something happened to her.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

I don't follow his logic here. There's no way her movies make that much for people representing her. Beyond Clueless...what other movies of hers get replayed on a regular basis? 8 Mile maybe?