Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Investigators photograph 'shadow person'

UM-Bot

They definitely captured a shadow, or an item in shadow. Shadows or poorly lit photograph does not equal "shadow person" (unless it was an actual person in or casting a shadow).

Pareidolia.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, esoteric_toad said:

They definitely captured a shadow, or an item in shadow. Shadows or poorly lit photograph does not equal "shadow person" (unless it was an actual person in or casting a shadow).

Pareidolia.

Good to see you up and about Toad. :tu:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, esoteric_toad said:

It actually looks like one of those plywood cowboy shadow cutouts you buy at the Cowtown Rodeo. :lol:

• Like 4

I don�t see anything- maybe because I don�t expect to?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DirtyDocMartens said:

not just me then

I see a vaguely head-shaped lump. As usual, photo resolution is garbage and there are no other shots of the hallway for debunking.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nothing but the shadow of the door.   There is so much fakery on UM that it's hardly worth opening the links anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, this is what they look like. 

No clue if the picture itself is legit.

edit to add: is it just me or does it seem to almost cast a shadow beyond it? If so, fraud. They do not cast shadows, they ARE shadows, which is what is so creepy about them.

Edited by Not A Rockstar
because I can
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DirtyDocMartens said:

1 hour ago, Matt221 said:

not just me then

You don't see anything?  Then maybe not because you don't expect to but expect not to?  There seems to be a figure there.  It looks a bit my the grim reaper costume I wore last Halloween.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

You've seen a shadow person?

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

You don't see anything?  Then maybe not because you don't expect to but expect not to?  There seems to be a figure there.  It looks a bit my the grim reaper costume I wore last Halloween.

yeah, but do you see the faintest of shadows being cast too? I am thinking this is black film..

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

yes, I have.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No clue what I'm looking at, but it definitely raised the hair on the back of my neck a little. Not an easy thing to do these days. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

No video, only a single crummy photo taken by an inept source, move along folks nothing to see here.  

Paul Dale Roberts.  One of the more well known, experienced, respected inept sources in this and other related and non-related fields and a frequent contributor of this website.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

edit to add: is it just me or does it seem to almost cast a shadow beyond it? If so, fraud. They do not cast shadows, they ARE shadows, which is what is so creepy about them.

Yep pretty much the same opinion here. If the pic is ligit, than that's exactly what it would look like. I don't see the shadow casting a shadow though.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

I cant speak for NAR, but I have seen shadow people on several different occasions. Seen a few different types as well. In every instance though I've seen them while being in what some folks call an altered state of consciousness. Mostly during my adventures in the astral.

Shadow people are actually what first made me consider the possibility that what people see in things like sleep paralysis may be real, on some level. I had never heard of sleep paralysis, or shadow people the first time I experienced it. I couldn't believe how many people had seen the exact same entity that I had seen. That first time I saw a black cloud that swirled around like a tornado Absolutely horrifying. I've never been more afraid in my life.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I didn't think they were real, I figured it was something else people were referring to, possibly, until I came home from work one night and opened my front door and saw one in the hallway, which seemed startled by me and then ran down the hall and vanished.

Just kind of stood there in astonishment and looked around to find some other way to account for it, but, no way possible for it to be a reflection from outside, no windows in the hall, no light but a small nightlight by the door to help me get in and stuff down when I got home - late as always then. Once I sorted that, I walked down the hall, flipping on the lights and checked of course, and naturally, nothing was visible anymore.

Sober, not asleep, and certainly not primed to expect weird in my own place like that, triply not something I didn't think was real, and most especially not coming in from a shift at work shortly after dark. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

I've never been more afraid in my life.

And yet that did did not deter you from further attempting to learn what all those Carlos Castaneda books were about :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I didn't think they were real, I figured it was something else people were referring to, possibly, until I came home from work one night and opened my front door and saw one in the hallway, which seemed startled by me and then ran down the hall and vanished.

Just kind of stood there in astonishment and looked around to find some other way to account for it, but, no way possible for it to be a reflection from outside, no windows in the hall, no light but a small nightlight by the door to help me get in and stuff down when I got home - late as always then. Once I sorted that, I walked down the hall, flipping on the lights and checked of course, and naturally, nothing was visible anymore.

Sober, not asleep, and certainly not primed to expect weird in my own place like that, triply not something I didn't think was real, and most especially not coming in from a shift at work shortly after dark. 

Wow, that’s a great experience. Thanks for sharing. 

I did have a few months back like 14 years ago where I was spiritually stronger than I had ever been. During that time it seemed I was seeing these black, well, things out of the corner of my eye. At least a couple times a day.

Of course every time I went to look at it it was gone. I don’t know what to make of that. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OverSword said:

And yet that did did not deter you from further attempting to learn what all those Carlos Castaneda books were about :lol:

lol. Smh. 

Actually as terrifying as the experience was, it took an amazing turn at the end. I was able to overcome the situation. If not for that I probably would have never gotten involved in astral projection. 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 2

nevermind, what I replied to got edited out so this is obsolete lol.

Edited by Not A Rockstar

It's good to see these investamagators using such high quality equipment.  That image reeks quality.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1