Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

First human head transplant by 2030

Eldorado

"A former NHS neurosurgeon has claimed that the first-ever human head transplant could be successfully performed by 2030. He believes how he knows how the feat of moving a person’s consciousness to another body could be made to work.

"Bruce Mathew, a former clinical lead for neurosurgery at Hull University Teaching Hospitals, while working on a science fiction novel with the Institute of Futurology founder Michael Lee when he realized the potential key to making the HUman Head transplant surgery a success.

"He believes that in a Human Head Transplant surgeons should consider transplanting the head as well as the spinal cord."

Full story at Biotecnika dot org: https://www.biotecnika.org/2019/12/the-first-human-head-transplant-maybe-just-a-decade-away-claims-scientists/

And at the UK Telegraph: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2019/12/21/first-human-head-transplant-may-just-decade-away-former-nhs/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

He believes how he knows how the feat of moving a person’s consciousness to another body could be made to work.

:lol:

Pure crackpottery!!! 

• Like 1

The scary thing is that this guy was a neurosurgeon  :ph34r:

• Thanks 1

It would be cool, could help solve alot of things.

I feel like 10 years is way too optimistic though. 

They can't fix spinal injuries yet but they will be able to transplant an entire head in 10 years.

Ok.

It does say take the spinal cord with, but reattaching all those nerves would take forever.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, moonman said:

It does say take the spinal cord with, but reattaching all those nerves would take forever.

They would only have do the top 10%, enough for the patient to move their arms.  Then it's up to you to tie up the rest and the faster you work, the sooner you walk again.  

They will attach the heads on back-to-front to make it easier to operate on your own back.  It's a small price to pay for the opportunity to moonwalk again!

• Haha 1

This really isnt as farfetched as it may initially seem. With limited success they did it in 70s with animal testing. With science today, i mean didnt i just read about a guy who had such severe scholoosis that is head was face first in his thighs they broke his back and straightened him out. With vr technology quadriplegic patients are being able to move and limited walking with assistance.

12 hours ago, pokingjoker said:

30's...

8 hours ago, khol said:

My god I can see it now...somebody help us  :huh:

TRUMPROCKY1.jpg

Medics are on there way to you as I type. Get ready for your new jacket.

• Like 1

What is scary is there will be some nutty 'surgeons' doing experiments now. Wonder if they are using humans?

How many put their ideas in practice behind closed doors? I reckon there are a few. They will always find a Guinea pig,m preferably a human one.