Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

congressman: Trump unfit for office

Unusual Tournament

4 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

True, but only because the entire House only had about 30 representatives in it. They held their meetings in a local pub :P 

Yeah.. OK.. I'm exaggerating, but I seem to recall that there where only about 9 democrats in it ? And nine of them voted against Impeachment. I believe that is statistically close to 100% ? :P 

No one is arguing 9/9 does not equal 100 per cent.

More Republicans voted to acquit than Democrats.  That fact sheds a bit more light on your tendentious premise.

Just now, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

This 'll annoy you, Farmer ..

a recent study by Morten Bay, a University of Southern California digital media researcher, revealed that over 50 percent of the venom directed on Twitter at Rian Johnson, director of “The Last Jedi,” came from the same sources as Russian election meddling.

Using the analytical tools that other technologists deployed to uncover Russian influence during the 2016 election, Mr. Bay found that “bots, trolls/sock puppets or political activists” were using the “Star Wars” debate “to propagate political messages supporting extreme right-wing causes and the discrimination of gender, race or sexuality” and that “a number of these users appear to be Russian trolls.”

‘Star Wars’ Fans Are Angry

So now Putin's ruthless Troll Army, not only content with destroying the sacred American Democracy. are leading the attack on the most beloved American mythological saga! They have got to be stopped! :angry:

You know man those new star wars movies are so bad I just naturally assumed they were part of some dastardly plot to destroy America :lol:

In all serious though I just saw a headline about Americans being divided over star wars

‘Star Wars’ Fans Are Angry and Polarized. Like All Americans.  What arguments over the movie series say about our nation.

2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

No one is arguing 9/9 does not equal 100 per cent.

More Republicans voted to acquit than Democrats.  That fact sheds a bit more light on your tendentious premise.

My point, dear Duck, is that 100% of Democrats voted to clear him of impeachment. Block Partisan Voting. 

The Republicans - well, at least SOME of them - clearly had more of a conscience - and a belief in true Democracy and the Constitution - than their compatriots. I would suggest that little has changed since :P 

5 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

So after 3 years, multiple FBI investigations, the Mueller inquiry, the combined journalistic efforts of CNN, MSNBC, The Washington Post, and the New York Times, to say nothing of the protracted impeachment investigation,  have all failed to find these "suppressed facts" ? My goodness, he must have some SERIOUSLY deep holes to have hidden them all ! 

Perhaps that's why he's so supportive of the coal industry ? :unsure2:

Well he silenced the people that could have exposed the truth. He hasn't surrendered any of the tapes. In short, with the help of Mitch McConnell and AG Barr, Trump has suppressed the facts. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Or none of what you listed has anything to do with what has happened in the very short couple of months since the whistleblower let America know about the Ukraine scandal.

Did you even notice that none of what you mentioned above had anything to do with current events?

It was a reference to the "hidden facts" that you suggested would be revealed when Trump is finally out of office. 

No doubt including the location of Lord Lucan, Shergar, and Atlantis ! :P 

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

My point, dear Duck, is that 100% of Democrats voted to clear him of impeachment. Block Partisan Voting. 

The Republicans - well, at least SOME of them - clearly had more of a conscience - and a belief in true Democracy and the Constitution - than their compatriots. I would suggest that little has changed since :P 

I know what point your trying to make.  It's not conclusive when more Republicans voted to acquit.

2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

I know what point your trying to make.  It's not conclusive when more Republicans voted to acquit.

On the Contrary, Golden One, it reveals the narrow partisan mindset of the Democrats, and the more reflective and Constitutionalist nature of the Republicans. Just like today :P 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Well he silenced the people that could have exposed the truth. He hasn't surrendered any of the tapes. In short, with the help of Mitch McConnell and AG Barr, Trump has suppressed the facts. 

Tapes ??? 

Tapes ??? 

So youre denying that Trump has suppressed the discovery of facts?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

It was a reference to the "hidden facts" that you suggested would be revealed when Trump is finally out of office. 

No doubt including the location of Lord Lucan, Shergar, and Atlantis ! :P 

But why? Again none of what you mentioned had anything to do with current events.

Do you personally fall for such propaganda and thus think its worth spreading? Or have you just reverted to troll status?

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

Just now, RoofGardener said:

On the Contrary, Golden One, it reveals the narrow partisan mindset of the Democrats, and the more reflective and Constitutionalist nature of the Republicans. Just like today :P 

Well you can't knock up a binomial distribution to support it; and, there's no reason to assume what you say is axiomatic.

The fact remains that only 77 per cent with an apprehension of bias against Johnson voted guilty.

Today, three Democrats voted against the articles.  All the independents for for the articles. 

The Republicans voted against the articles and they've stated they address working with the White House.

Trump deferred funds on nothing more than a whim.  Whimsy and maladministration are often fellow travellers.

This process is egregiously more partisan than any precedent.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

But why? Again none of what you mentioned had anything to do with current events.

Do you personally fall for such propaganda and thus think its worth spreading? Or have you just reverted to troll status?

I was referring to Captain Risky's comments in his Post #19. 

DO try and keep up, @Farmer77 :P 

I was referring to Captain Risky's comments in his Post #19. 

DO try and keep up, @Farmer77 :P 

what current events are you on about ?

5 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Well you can't knock up a binomial distribution to support it; and, there's no reason to assume what you say is axiomatic.

The fact remains that only 77 per cent with an apprehension of bias against Johnson voted guilty.

Today, three Democrats voted against the articles.  All the independents for for the articles. 

The Republicans voted against the articles and they've stated they address working with the White House.

Trump deferred funds on nothing more than a whim.  Whimsy and maladministration are often fellow travellers.

This process is egregiously more partisan than any precedent.

77% ? I was under the impression it was 100% ? 

And three democrats - out of 235 ? That's not a million miles away from 100% :P 

As for "on a whim".. that is speculation on your part. You have neither evidence - nor knowledge - to support that statement :)

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

what current events are you on about ?

You'd have to ask @Farmer77 that question @Captain Risky. It was he that raised the question of current events ? 

16 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Maybe he thinks Trump is vindicated by political realities. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

You'd have to ask @Farmer77 that question @Captain Risky. It was he that raised the question of current events ? 

Sigh ......yes captain said something about suppressed facts. Since the only facts we know for sure he is suppressing are those relating to his impeachment, and this thread is about someone leaving the democrat party because of impeachment,  the natural inference is thats the subject matter.

I understand that reverting back to a case that the AG lied to the American public about scores points with the base but your laundry list is wholly irrelevant to today.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Maybe he thinks Trump is vindicated by political realities. 

Rather swampy

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Rather swampy

I think the republican term is marshy. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Sigh ......yes captain said something about suppressed facts. Since the only facts we know for sure he is suppressing are those relating to his impeachment, and this thread is about someone leaving the democrat party because of impeachment,  the natural inference is thats the subject matter.

I understand that reverting back to a case that the AG lied to the American public about scores points with the base but your laundry list is wholly irrelevant to today.

Speaking of (a) off topic, and (b) laundry, I'd just like to point something out. 

I've just put my bathtowel into the washing machine. A bottle of shampoo fell onto the towel a week or two ago and - unoticed by myself - proceeded to leak into the towel, producing a huge patch of semi-solidified shampoo. 

My washing machine is now full of foam and bubbles. I mean... I can't even see the towells turning around.. the entire washing cylinder is a solid block of bubbles ! 

Perhaps this is a metaphor for the retiring congressman who was so critical of President Trump ? 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

77% ? I was under the impression it was 100% ? 

And three democrats - out of 235 ? That's not a million miles away from 100% :P 

As for "on a whim".. that is speculation on your part. You have neither evidence - nor knowledge - to support that statement :)

What's 35 out of 45?  That's the Republican vote for Jackson's impeachment wasn't it?

Three rogue voters doesn't equal "en block".:P

Remember, in early 2017 one of the first things Yrump did was send military aid to Ukraine.  If, Trump didn't defer the Ukraine aid in 2019 to exert leveragex then what was the reason?  The absence of reason suggests whimsy and maladministration.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Golden Duck said:

What's 35 out of 45?  That's the Republican vote for Jackson's impeachment wasn't it?

Remember, in early 2017 one of the first things Yrump did was send military aid to Ukraine.  If, Trump didn't defer the Ukraine aid in 2019 to exert leveragex then what was the reason?  The absence of reason suggests whimsy and maladministration.

Hypothetically ? 

1. A new government was formed inbetween those two dates. President Trump was waiting to evaluate the new administration before sending them military aid/money ? 
  2. 64% of Hair Gel imported into the USA comes from the Ukranian Gell Mines. Trump was holding out to ensure continuity of supply. 
  3. He confused Ukraine with Uganda ? 
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

A new government was formed inbetween those two dates. President Trump was waiting to evaluate the new administration before sending them military aid/money ? 

What evaluation was done in the time he was withholding the money?

(trick question we know there was none)

Just now, Farmer77 said:

What evaluation was done in the time he was withholding the money?

(trick question we know there was none)

You SPECULATE that there was none. Or are you the head of the CIA and/or State Department ? 

3 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

You SPECULATE that there was none. Or are you the head of the CIA and/or State Department ? 

If there was a defence for holding the money we'd have heard it.