Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kindness

LightAngel

1 minute ago, LightAngel said:

Yes - I'm very sure otherwise they wouldn't be truly loving people! 

How truly loving is a person? Also, how much self-interest plays a part in that love? 

Just now, XenoFish said:

How truly loving is a person? Also, how much self-interest plays a part in that love? 

Why do I have to explain what true love is to you?!

Do you know anybody you would die for?!

If you do, then that's true love.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LightAngel said:

Is it really? A jilted lover commits suicide because the person they love no longer loves them, is that also true love? 

I admire this altruistic happy sunshine reality you possess, but it's not a possible reality to create. 

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Is it really? A jilted lover commits suicide because the person they love no longer loves them, is that also true love? 

I admire this altruistic happy sunshine reality you possess, but it's not a possible reality to create. 

That's because you don't create that reality!

It's a reality that is created because of love. :yes:

It happens naturally.....

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, LightAngel said:

I think having kids is about as close to selfless and altruistic one can get. 

Just now, LightAngel said:

I agree.

yet, I can see where it can be about self interest, but I am not sure I would call it love. 

1 minute ago, LightAngel said:

Not really. It's a fabrication based on belief and desire. It is your reality tunnel.

9 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Not really. It's a fabrication based on belief and desire. It is your reality tunnel.

There is definitely the mental aspect of love, then there is the hormones, oxytocin the bonding hormone, etc. 

The latter is part is what we all identify as love, it just happens.

I tend to have a fairy tale ending reality tunnel myself. :wub::P

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

You are wrong! 

But, let's just agree to disagree before I say something I might regret! 

You have your experience of reality and I have mine, and they will, of course, be different!

My truth is based on my proof and experiences - your truth is based on your proof and experiences.

So...

Let it be.

Because we are two different creatures! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LightAngel said:

You are wrong! 

But, let's just agree to disagree before I say something I might regret! 

You have your experience of reality and I have mine, and they will, of course, be different!

My truth is based on my proof and experiences - your truth is based on your proof and experiences.

So...

Let it be.

Because we are two different creatures! 

Then actually correct me and show me why it isn't your reality tunnel. Your proof and experience further creates and supports your reality tunnel.

Just now, XenoFish said:

Then actually correct me and show me why it isn't your reality tunnel. Your proof and experience further creates and supports your reality tunnel.

;)

My reality is my reality because I found my own proof and I had my own experiences - your reality is your reality because of your experiences and the proof you found!

Anyway...

Your demons aren't really your demons because demons don't really exist!

Your demons are just all the things you don't want to face!

I often do my best to ignore you because you are mostly here to create drama - you know I'm right!

Anyway...

I replied to you today because of love. 

Believe me or not - it's your choice!

True love exists - whether you believe it or not!

• Like 3

Just now, XenoFish said:

Demons can be a metaphor. And you do not know what I face. You assume. 

I know demons can be a metaphor, but that wasn't my point.

And I don't assume anything!

4 minutes ago, LightAngel said:

I know demons can be a metaphor, but that wasn't my point.

And I don't assume anything!

Good, don't. 

1 hour ago, Sherapy said:

I think having kids is about as close to selfless and altruistic one can get. 

I don't have kids but I can love other creatures unconditional. :yes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

God give me strength to resist the temptation to feed the troll the attention they crave so desperately :lol: 

I'm saying this because it's next to impossible to silently watch attempts to equate greed or animal urges with true love.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, LightAngel said:

I don't have kids but I can love other creatures unconditional. :yes:

My experience is that love between two people can be a journey into unconditional.. :wub:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

As does everybody's experiences.

Our reality is only based upon our experiences, which are formed by attitudes, mindsets, and perceptions.

If your attitude, mindset and perception of life are all negative, then that shall be your truth.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, openozy said:

Cowards are the ones you really have to watch,like knife you in a fist fight  or shoot you in the back.

Only if it goes that far...

50 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

As does everybody's experiences.

Our reality is only based upon our experiences, which are formed by attitudes, mindsets, and perceptions.

If your attitude, mindset and perception of life are all negative, then that shall be your truth.

Your 'truth'  IS your reality tunnel.  The point is that Truth...i.e. the way things actually are in real life...doesn't always reflect our Reality Tunnel.  Believe what you believe...but know that the Truth may be  something entirely different.  If you want to make up Truth as you go along...so be it.  But the actual truth is out there.  I prefer that truth, rather than my own lies or the lies of another.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, joc said:

Your 'truth'  IS your reality tunnel.  The point is that Truth...i.e. the way things actually are in real life...doesn't always reflect our Reality Tunnel.  Believe what you believe...but know that the Truth may be  something entirely different.  If you want to make up Truth as you go along...so be it.  But the actual truth is out there.  I prefer that truth, rather than my own lies or the lies of another.

Yes, my truth is my truth, based upon how I experience the world, which is a direct result of how I see life.

My experience is my truth.

Your experience is your truth.

And neither of us can say the other is wrong.

Only, any difference in how we perceive this world in the first place, will filter down to feelings and emotions, eg, how we actually experience life.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

When you grow attached to someone the thought of losing them causes you to look after them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Actually, it is very simple reality to create.

But first of all, one must want that kind of reality within their own lives...

Do you want to see that change?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sherapy said:

My experience is that love between two people can be a journey into unconditional.. :wub:

And that's your truth.

And nobody can say otherwise.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

And that's your truth.

And nobody can say otherwise.

*raises tentacle* That's my truth too. 

It's actually relatively common, that people become lovers, then it evolves into friendship and then that friendship evolves into a sort of alliance that literally won't ever break. Once you see the near-unconditional love returned in the same manner it creates trust and affection that are far, far beyond calculations or mere bodily functions. Now it is unconditional.  

I think it's how it should work, only it sometimes doesn't. Probably because people are put off with the getting to know each other period. And probably because people are raised lately to seek only short-term gain for themselves, screw everything and everyone. And then they wonder why they're treated by the screw you principle themselves.  

• Like 2