Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Las Vegas man films 'UFO' over the city

UM-Bot

Sure does look like a police helicopter,  what with the flashing blue lights.

If the guy looks down a bit he will see some of the lights in the town also look big and round. 

I doubt he has seen a combine harvester coming over a hill with lights on at night,  now thats really impressive.

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, Vaz said:

Just one small question if it is a helicopter:

Where's the helicopter?

Around ~2:40 as the lights are going left you can see the tail rotor assembly sticking out from the lights to the right.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Around ~2:40 as the lights are going left you can see the tail rotor assembly sticking out from the lights to the right.

Yes indeed you can.  Well spotted.

• Like 1

Of course its a helicopter... I kinda feel embarrased for the poor guy :lol:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hazzard said:

Of course its a helicopter... I kinda feel embarrased for the poor guy :lol:

I kinda did too,  for about 0.1.fraction of a second. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

The video has excessive blooming where all light sources end up blending into each other and mucks up any clarity.  Fake.

A fake helicopter? I like where this is going ... continue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Fake helicopters, theyre a secret elite group composed of tactical stealth AirMax 93 Choppers. Flown by the even more elusive secret group of bird people.

• Like 2

funny how he seems to be the only one excited. Not that I've checked (felt no need to) but I'm sure there are no other reports of something weird & wonderful with regards to what's being filmed here; ya know:
from the 2 aerial vehicles above it & the x amount of thousands of people in the bright lights... Oh well, what do I know;)

He would never get away from the Police.....

10 hours ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

The video has excessive blooming where all light sources end up blending into each other and mucks up any clarity.  Fake.

It is not fake.  Its a real helicopter. They are real lights.

Its just that this guy who calls himself an enthusiast has no idea how lights can be deceiving. If he had been standing at the other end of town he could have seen more of the helicopter. Infact,  if he kept on filming he would have  eventually seen it was a helicopter (maybe he did). :whistle:

17 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Police helicopter.

3 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Its just that this guy who calls himself an enthusiast has no idea how lights can be deceiving. If he had been standing at the other end of town he could have seen more of the helicopter. Infact,  if he kept on filming he would have  eventually seen it was a helicopter (maybe he did). :whistle:

I actually used to live just about below where the lights are. The way the city is set up for some reason thats where people end up being funneled to when theyre running from the cops.  We had police helicopters over our house weekly.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Calibeliever said:

A fake helicopter? I like where this is going ... continue.

Good one dumbazz, read the article and come back.

13 hours ago, freetoroam said:

How dense are you?  Take a moment to read the article. It’s inferred as a UFO, even by the person who took the vid.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

How dense are you?  Take a moment to read the article. It’s inferred as a UFO, even by the person who took the vid.

It's a crappy video of a helicopter regardless of what the guy claims it is. What is your point?

Edited by moonman
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

No, the article also states:

Contrary to Barone's claims, the UFO doesn't appear to be moving anywhere near 1,000mph and it has been suggested that it may be little more than a helicopter or drone flying over the city.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/333289/las-vegas-man-films-ufo-over-the-city

The guy who took the footage is a UFO enthusiast, to him it was an unidentified flying object, to the not so dense it was a helicopter (or some thought drone) AS STATED IN THE ARTICLE.

Hold up!  You have changed your tune

On 12/26/2019 at 7:43 PM, DreadLordAvatar said:

You put this ^ then come back calling people dense and dumbazz???  and yet you are the one who clearly did not read the article. 

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, moonman said:

It's a video of a helicopter regardless of what the guy claims it is. What is your point?

He has no point, he called it a fake then comes back to insult. 

I think he may be a bit = dense.;)

23 minutes ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

Good one dumbazz, read the article and come back.

The article that says a guy took a video and doesn't know what it is? It is clearly a helicopter as several others have pointed out here, I'm not sure what more the 100 word "article" was supposed to provide me. You called it "fake" and I asked you to continue, because I love watching people make fools of themselves. Then you called me a dumbazz, which arguably I can be, from time to time. Are we all caught up now? Good, if you have a point to make, make it. 

• 2 months later...
On 12/26/2019 at 7:53 PM, Dejarma said:

what?

I have no idea what I meant when I posted that. Not going to watch the video again to remember either.

I am guessing maybe that I figured if a Police helicopter were chasing him, he would stop to film it thinking it was a Alien.