Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Pentagon warning over DIY DNA kits

36 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Eldorado

"The Pentagon has reportedly instructed members of the US military to avoid using at-home DNA testing kits, citing concerns of mass surveillance and the potential for private companies to “exploit genetic materials for questionable purposes”.

"In a memo issued to the armed forces on Friday, senior officials at the US defence department noted how such tests “have varying levels of validity, and many are not reviewed by the Food and Drug Administration before they are offered”.

"“Moreover, there is increased concern in the scientific community that outside parties are exploiting the use of genetic materials for questionable purposes, including mass surveillance and the ability to track individuals without their authorization or awareness”, read the memo, obtained by Yahoo News. "

Full monty at UK Independent: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/dna-test-kit-pentagon-military-us-army-surveillance-medical-a9259481.html

At the NY Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/24/us/military-dna-tests.html

And at The Hill: https://thehill.com/policy/defense/475910-pentagon-warns-military-against-mail-in-dna-tests

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buzz_Light_Year
17 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

"“Moreover, there is increased concern in the scientific community that outside parties are exploiting the use of genetic materials for questionable purposes, including mass surveillance and the ability to track individuals without their authorization or awareness”, read the memo, obtained by Yahoo News. "

Yeah they don't want the competition. :ph34r:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

"The Pentagon has reportedly instructed members of the US military to avoid using at-home DNA testing kits, citing concerns of mass surveillance and the potential for private companies to “exploit genetic materials for questionable purposes”.

"In a memo issued to the armed forces on Friday, senior officials at the US defence department noted how such tests “have varying levels of validity, and many are not reviewed by the Food and Drug Administration before they are offered”.

"“Moreover, there is increased concern in the scientific community that outside parties are exploiting the use of genetic materials for questionable purposes, including mass surveillance and the ability to track individuals without their authorization or awareness”, read the memo, obtained by Yahoo News. "

Full monty at UK Independent: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/dna-test-kit-pentagon-military-us-army-surveillance-medical-a9259481.html

At the NY Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/24/us/military-dna-tests.html

And at The Hill: https://thehill.com/policy/defense/475910-pentagon-warns-military-against-mail-in-dna-tests

I suppose the military want sole rights on that.  They were taking our dna even in the 70's.   And to me this is just common sense.  If there is someone who will buy it, there is someone who will sell it, and that includes information, which is what our dna is.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agent0range
Quote

have varying levels of validity, and many are not reviewed by the Food and Drug Administration before they are offere

Uhhh...what?  You spit in a tube.  What the hell would the FDA have to review?

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quiXilver

Be Afraid!

Be Afraid!

Be Afraid!

 

Commercial Break: 

" Are you afraid?  do you find yourself with anxiety?  Ask your doctor about new......."

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor

So it makes me wonder what they really are worried about.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
43 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

So it makes me wonder what they really are worried about.

My first thought was losing personnel. If they know a disease is a possibility are they now required to report it? If so does the potential of a disease mean theyll lose their jobs?   Are they legally liable if they dont report it?

It also seem like if a hostile nation were to get hold of the individual demographics info of our forces it would make them easier to target with psyops.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
12 hours ago, Agent0range said:

Uhhh...what?  You spit in a tube.  What the hell would the FDA have Not to review?

The legitimacy of the tests possibly 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
8 hours ago, Gromdor said:

So it makes me wonder what they really are worried about.

 

just had a quick think about that...

perhaps they are worried that clones of the soldiers could be made ...
and / or that a tailor made biological weapon could be created to target selected DNA... 

just a thought 

:unsure2:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness

It amazes me how the Pentagram refuses to openly admit UFOs have been taking our DNA, yet now they’re worried about humans taking our DNA. Get real ....

They don’t give a damn about U.S., they only give a damn about their black budgets. That’s partly why hurricane Ike slammed Mission Control hard in 2008. A warning from beyond the grave, to the living, a message of how the seemingly powerless will command the elements.

The real enemy are the potholes in our lives and infrastructure, for the sake of the military industrial complex, and their reckless abandon.

Very soon the graves at Arlington will be opened, as they were previously shaken on command; and out will walk a fierce an undermining army that you do not know or understand in your wildest dreams.

Dare we publish the sequel?

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
7 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

It amazes me how the Pentagram refuses to openly admit UFOs have been taking our DNA, yet now they’re worried about humans taking our DNA. Get real ....

They don’t give a damn about U.S., they only give a damn about their black budgets. That’s partly why hurricane Ike slammed Mission Control hard in 2008. A warning from beyond the grave, to the living, a message of how the seemingly powerless will command the elements.

The real enemy are the potholes in our lives and infrastructure, for the sake of the military industrial complex, and their reckless abandon.

Very soon the graves at Arlington will be opened, as they were previously shaken on command; and out will walk a fierce an undermining army that you do not know or understand in your wildest dreams.

Dare we publish the sequel?

 

It is the military and CIA that are taking our DNA, not UFO's.  Besides, we leave our dna everywhere we go.  It can be found in your trash can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness
25 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

It is the military and CIA that are taking our DNA, not UFO's.  Besides, we leave our dna everywhere we go.  It can be found in your trash can.

The capacity to engineer life, is what Genesis describes as “approaching the Tree of Life,” which is guarded by an angel with a flaming sword that turns in every direction.

The power of the Resurrection will not be undermined by man or alien, it will be protected.

Is there a place on earth where the Gospel has not reached? Even now the Amazon rain forest is burning from end to end.

How many generations since the rebirth of the state of Israel, have passed?

Artificial manipulation of Human DNA marks not a new beginning, but The End.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
1 minute ago, Raptor Witness said:

The capacity to engineer life, is what Genesis describes as “approaching the Tree of Life,” which is guarded by an angel with a flaming sword that turns in every direction.

The power of the Resurrection will not be undermined by man or alien, it will be protected.

Is there a place on earth where the Gospel has not reached? Even now the Amazon rain forest is burning from end to end.

How many generations since the rebirth of the state of Israel, have passed?

Artificial manipulation of Human DNA marks not a new beginning, but The End.

So, the DNA exploration and use is a religious marker to a phrophecy for you?  I find it interesting that you are able to turn a discussion about the fear mongering of giving DNA to companies by a government entity into a religious conversation.  Amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simplybill

There is the potential intimidation factor of having one’s entire family tree released to the public by an ISIS-friendly employee at the DNA company. I’m guessing that the drug cartels have already begun grooming insiders who can provide information on judges, police officials and politicians. Criminal organizations have been known to photograph a Judge’s family at the grocery store and then mailing the photos to the uncooperative judge’s home. Imagine how much worse it’d be if your entire extended family was threatened.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
6 minutes ago, simplybill said:

There is the potential intimidation factor of having one’s entire family tree released to the public by an ISIS-friendly employee at the DNA company. I’m guessing that the drug cartels have already begun grooming insiders who can provide information on judges, police officials and politicians. Criminal organizations have been known to photograph a Judge’s family at the grocery store and then mailing the photos to the uncooperative judge’s home. Imagine how much worse it’d be if your entire extended family was threatened.

Something like that could get the company supplying the data shut down.  I suppose if someone thinks they can make money on it they would do it.  I still think it is fear mongering for a completely different reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simplybill
1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Something like that could get the company supplying the data shut down.  I suppose if someone thinks they can make money on it they would do it.  I still think it is fear mongering for a completely different reason.

In the bigger picture, it’s not hard to imagine an employee at a DNA company willingly passing information for money, or to further an agenda. In our own politically-divided country, ‘leakers’ are often marketed as heroes, and now every political article in the news begins with an anonymous source, a leaker, or an illegal document dump. If the Pentagon considers DNA profiling a threat to the troops, I think they have a legitimate reason to do so.

Edited by simplybill
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
3 minutes ago, simplybill said:

In the bigger picture, it’s not hard to imagine an employee at a DNA company willingly passing information for money, or to further an agenda. In our own politically-divided country, ‘leakers’ are often marketed as heroes, and now every political article in the news begins with an anonymous source, a leaker, or an illegal document dump. If the Pentagon considers DNA profiling a threat to the troops, I think they have a legitimate reason.

Well, most of the DNA companies share the data already and have been.  My daughter thinks the Mormon church owns almost all of them.  I know 23 and Me started out as a means for universities to get data for their studies.  They provide questionnaires for the participants and the DNA of those who fill out the questionnaires is included in the data collecting.  It is voluntary now, but in the beginning I think it was different.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simplybill
17 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Well, most of the DNA companies share the data already and have been.  My daughter thinks the Mormon church owns almost all of them.  I know 23 and Me started out as a means for universities to get data for their studies.  They provide questionnaires for the participants and the DNA of those who fill out the questionnaires is included in the data collecting.  It is voluntary now, but in the beginning I think it was different.

I hadn’t thought about it before, but I bet your daughter is right. I used to live in Salt Lake City, and I’ve been to the Genealogy Center downtown to do research. 

I used Ancestry for my DNA profile, and now all the criminals in my family are afraid to commit any crimes. (jk)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Calibeliever

When the Golden State Killer was caught last year because his daughter took a "23 and Me" test it really got me thinking. I mean, I'm glad they caught the guy and all, but wow you're really just handing over a lot of information to these companies without asking what they're doing with it. Between our phones, devices listening to us in our homes, dna information etc, they really have got us right where they want us don't they?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
30 minutes ago, simplybill said:

I hadn’t thought about it before, but I bet your daughter is right. I used to live in Salt Lake City, and I’ve been to the Genealogy Center downtown to do research. 

I used Ancestry for my DNA profile, and now all the criminals in my family are afraid to commit any crimes. (jk)

My grandson's dad doesn't know who his dad is and we know his mom's family are in and out of jail all the time.  I submitted my DNA to 23 & Me when it was still new, my daughter did as well.  The daughter who is my grandson's mother will not but she did submit my grandson's DNA to see if we could find his grandfather on his dad's side.  It has been interesting and we have found relative that are linked to my dad (brother & dad also on 23 & me) and to my grandson but not the rest of us.  It is freaking my daughter out but the relationships are not close, distant cousins.  :P

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rashore

DNA sites are questionable IMO. In a FDA sort of way- I trust them around as much as I do strange herbals that don't get oversight, or wondering about adulterated honey. And having worked some medical- those delightful poo packets that can be sent through the mail to the lab to be tested. From collection till proper lab procedure receipt- a lot of other can happen.

I also realize that sites that in the past may have been more promissory of actual medical privacy... info gets out for sales, law enforcement can easily ask for the info without necessarily having to jump through the hoops. Even though one is handing over their own most personal medical info- not a lot of medical protection security. HIPPA isn't always necessary, though it can be assumed.

Databases can be hacked... the companies doing DNA might not do good tests and send more whatever results.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
10 minutes ago, rashore said:

DNA sites are questionable IMO. In a FDA sort of way- I trust them around as much as I do strange herbals that don't get oversight, or wondering about adulterated honey. And having worked some medical- those delightful poo packets that can be sent through the mail to the lab to be tested. From collection till proper lab procedure receipt- a lot of other can happen.

I also realize that sites that in the past may have been more promissory of actual medical privacy... info gets out for sales, law enforcement can easily ask for the info without necessarily having to jump through the hoops. Even though one is handing over their own most personal medical info- not a lot of medical protection security. HIPPA isn't always necessary, though it can be assumed.

Databases can be hacked... the companies doing DNA might not do good tests and send more whatever results.

 

They don't keep medical data.  They will share the dna data with your doctors if you give them permission.  And like someone else pointed out the FDA has nothing to do with DNA kits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness
8 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

So, the DNA exploration and use is a religious marker to a phrophecy for you?  I find it interesting that you are able to turn a discussion about the fear mongering of giving DNA to companies by a government entity into a religious conversation.  Amazing.

The humanist will always question the origin of life, until one is falling from a great height; then, inevitably the prayers come.

Shall we show them, Father, how a finger was pricked on their Washington needle, before it was rendered useless to their worship? How their Capitol rotunda shed plaster like a cloudy eyed snake, before hiding the photographic evidence as quickly as they could?

 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness

I have seen the real enemy enter and exit our air space like ants, foraging. Yet, this garden was not planted by an absent minded caretaker. The Pentagram's own complicity with the hostile, DNA takers, hasn't gone unnoticed.

Watch, therefore, your own seed of power, as it withers like snow in a hurricane. No manner of human weaponry will scale what is coming upon you from the founder of our DNA. Your house is desolate of truth. 

Deadly Major earthquakes 6-8 Washington Monument - colorized - 3

1 - Published 8-3-2010    2 - Published 8-3-2010 ... 

erasum : (-ere) to scratch out, erase / destroy.

Quote

A National Park spokesperson reported that surveys revealed cracks near the top of the Washington Monument, the world's tallest stone structure .... remained closed for repairs until May 2014. - Source Link

 

Edited by Raptor Witness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
qxcontinuum

Under gdpr European regulations and it's equivalent in North America you can request all of these companies you've run tests with to erase your personal data. If they fail to comply so in 45 days you are lucky because the fines are huge.

In other words you don't play with European Community where most of these companies operate from.

Edited by qxcontinuum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.