Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The patriotic move is for Trump to resign

Unusual Tournament

Trump, like Nixon, is accused of participating in a cover-up involving the investigation of political opponents. But Trump's alleged transgressions are worse than Nixon's because they concern an attempt to involve a foreign power in the American political process

Donald Trump should follow suit and resign.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/12/26/opinions/nixon-trump-impeachment-resign-higginbotham/index.html

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Counterpoint. Trump is in no way, shape or form, patriotic. 

Trump is beyond help. Im afraid even his conservative legacy of stacking the courts is tainted. Removal is just the tip of the ice berg. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think this bit from the article speaks to the heart of our current problem:

At this moment, the question goes beyond what is best politically for Trump, for the Republican party, or for Democrats. The question is not whether Trump can secure enough votes to avoid conviction or whether poll numbers will go up or down.

The sole question should be what is best for the country.

Right wing media has worked in excess to convince their audience that the best thing for the country is their ideology above all else. One unintended side effect seems to be the inclusion of the Constitution as part of the "above all else".

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Right wing media has worked in excess to convince their audience that the best thing for the country is their ideology above all else. One unintended side effect seems to be the inclusion of the Constitution as part of the "above all else".

The right wing Republican Party has been hijacked by the very worse elements of the Ultra faction. Mitch McConnell, Lindsay Graham have to go also. This is a Republican problem as much as it is an American one. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think he can resign.  He needs the office of the presidency to shield himself from the various investigations that have come to light.  He is listed as "un-indicted co-conspirator" in at least one crime.  Being president for eight years will help him run the statute of limitations out.  Appointing a lot of the potential judges in his cases doesn't hurt either.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I don't think he can resign.  He needs the office of the presidency to shield himself from the various investigations that have come to light.  He is listed as "un-indicted co-conspirator" in at least one crime.  Being president for eight years will help him run the statute of limitations out.  Appointing a lot of the potential judges in his cases doesn't hurt either.

Personally i don't think Trump should even have a choice in the matter. The senate should have a fair trial. The rest will sort itself out. 

• Like 3

^^You guys seem awfully sad right now, and it's hard for me to watch.

I wish I could offer something that might perk you up...perhaps give you some hope and light to enter the new year.  But I have to admit, the pickings are slim.

It's just that all of the messages of hope and optimism today favor everyone EXCEPT the (dwindling) Lefty crowd.  You guys have nowhere left to go (see what I did there).

Here...maybe this will help:

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I love it when I make a post and someone comes along and proves my point.

1 minute ago, hacktorp said:

I wish I could offer something that might perk you up...perhaps give you some hope and light to enter the new year.  But I have to admit, the pickings are slim.

It's just that all of the messages of hope and optimism today favor everyone EXCEPT the (dwindling) Lefty crowd.  You guys have nowhere left to go (see what I did there).

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

So sad that certain republicans believe that Trump isn't answerable to anyone or the laws of the America. A dangerous time for American democracy. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Piney said:

:lol:

Let the circus begin........

Its been going on for over 3 years now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

A dangerous time for American democracy.

This is something that everyone who has been paying attention will readily agree with.

And a LOT of people are paying attention these days.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

This is something that everyone who has been paying attention will readily agree with.

And a LOT of people are paying attention these days.

Yes unfortunately certain politicians believe they're unanswerable to the law of the land. 

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

Yes unfortunately certain politicians believe they're unanswerable to the law of the land. 

Absolutely.  And don't forget certain former politicians, too.

But I think we'll soon see a few of the worst offenders finally be made to answer to the law of the land.

Hopefully they'll even face a harsh enough punishment that others will think twice before attempting such crimes themselves.

That would help fix things, wouldn't it?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Trump, like Nixon, is accused of participating in a cover-up involving the investigation of political opponents. But Trump's alleged transgressions are worse than Nixon's because they concern an attempt to involve a foreign power in the American political process

Donald Trump should follow suit and resign.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/12/26/opinions/nixon-trump-impeachment-resign-higginbotham/index.html

While I agree that the Patriotic thing would be for Trump to resign, it will never happen. As long as Americans are tied up in bitter contests propagated by our President the Real issues and Crimes are covered by Smoke and Mirrors. President Trump is one of the best Bull Crap artists of all time, every time there are real accusations made concerning his character he will divert the subject through some form of drama. The only way to stop this guy is to blow away the smoke, and break all the mirrors. Then Americans can see the true Donald for what is and what he has always been a criminal. I don't think the impeachment process is going to stop him, he already has the speaker of the Senate in his pocket, discussing his trial before it begins.

This is like the like the Judge and the defense attorney deciding the sentence for the accused before the trail even begins. It cant be legal, because it isn't legal in any other court of law including the Supreme Court, which could pass judgment on the Senate for collusion between Senator McConnell and the President. Our Government has never been in its current state of disarray. I hope that the New Year will bring justice for the crimes committed by this administration, I mean how can the fact that Our Presudent is a proven thief be over looked, the man and his wonderful family stole more than 10 Million Dollars from their own Charity and are only being forced to pay back 2 million dollars. 

But the thing I don't understand is how can his followers believe that his actions as a thief will stop with the theft from the charity. Once a thief always a thief, how much more is he stealing from our Government, we'll only time will tell.

Peace

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The patriotic thing for Trump to do is to continue to drain the swamp which he has been doing for the last 3 years.  He's got everyone on the Left spinning so hard, it won't be long now.  How much longer can people keep up the hate toward the man before they blow a fuse?  I think some already have.  But this is what draining the swamp looks like.  Set up your enemies and enemies of the people and watch them self destruct.  Ha, Ha, Ha....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

But this is what draining the swamp looks like

Dude I get it. Draining the swamp is great rhetoric but the facts on the ground show they are the swamp

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

The patriotic thing for Trump to do is to continue to drain the swamp which he has been doing for the last 3 years.  He's got everyone on the Left spinning so hard, it won't be long now.  How much longer can people keep up the hate toward the man before they blow a fuse?  I think some already have.  But this is what draining the swamp looks like.  Set up your enemies and enemies of the people and watch them self destruct.  Ha, Ha, Ha....

The best way to drain the swamp is to start at the top. Like Nixon. You need to legislate new rules that make everyone accountable. Ethics and rules. A president can't do that. Certainly not one as unethical as Trump. Something congress can only do. So why is Lindsay Graham and Mitch McConnell not doing their job ?

2 hours ago, hacktorp said:

Hey man, gotta admire your empathy.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

The patriotic thing for Trump to do is to continue to drain the swamp which he has been doing for the last 3 years.

None more so than from his own administration.

53 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

... hate ...

Such empathy and sensitivity.

:rolleyes::no:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Dude I get it. Draining the swamp is great rhetoric but the facts on the ground show they are the swamp

Bro, forget about the rhetoric. Because thats all Trump has done. Talked about draining the swamp. But what has he really done about it? A cleaver catch phrase to fool the trumpets into thinking he's doing something important when all he really is doing is covering up his decaying stench of corruption and family money making machine.  Non rural republicans and god fearing Christians are starting to see who the real gator is. And they'll be voting. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

None more so than from his own administration.

Such empathy and sensitivity.

:rolleyes::no:

Im afraid @RavenHawk has falsely idolised the wrong republican champion. Lets hope that Trump's abuse of power and corruption bring on real change. Draining the swamp and removing the Trump-snake. 

Nancy Pelosi should be your idol, @RavenHawk. Strong honest independent women. Not the snake that you wouldn't leave your teenage daughter with for 10 seconds unsupervised. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Im afraid @RavenHawk has falsely idolised the wrong republican champion. Lets hope that Trump's abuse of power and corruption bring on real change. Draining the swamp and removing the Trump-snake. 

Nancy Pelosi should be your idol, @RavenHawk. Strong honest independent women. Not the snake that you wouldn't leave your teenage daughter with for 10 seconds unsupervised. 

Don't you think it's nice that Trump and his cult always want to talk about feelings and emotions?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

exactly so :D

there are posters on this forum that don't just support the Swamp but jump into it and bath in
it's murky poisonous waters like they were in a heavenly blue lagoon....
but because Reverse Reality is part of the Swamp Game..... we know where they are really heading....:devil:

My New Year Message to them (and they know who they are) is.............................
...................................................................................................................................
"stop the silly nonsense and SAVE YOURSELVES"

:yes:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1