Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israel returns to “policy of assassinations"

Eldorado

"Israel’s foreign minister on Thursday said Tel Aviv would return to “the policy of assassinations” against Palestinian resistance figures in the Gaza Strip, Reuters reports.

"In statements he made to Israel’s army radio, Yisrael Katz indicated that there was “an intelligence effort to identify the rockets’ launchers and work to eliminate them.”

"He stressed: “Intelligence efforts are currently focused on determining who is responsible for ordering missile launch instructions in order to work to eliminate him.”"

Full report at the Mid East Monitor: https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20191226-israel-to-reinstitute-assassinations-policy/

And the Daily Sabah: https://www.dailysabah.com/mideast/2019/12/25/gaza-rocket-fired-at-israels-ashkelon-during-netanyahus-visit-as-pm-takes-shelter

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yesterday, Netanyahu was evacuated from a speaking engagement - second time recently - on the election trail.  I guess he decided if he was being targeted...  There is no way to stop the random missiles from being fired but there is definitely a way to eliminate those who make the decisions to fire them.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, and then said:

Yesterday, Netanyahu was evacuated from a speaking engagement - second time recently - on the election trail.  I guess he decided if he was being targeted...  There is no way to stop the random missiles from being fired but there is definitely a way to eliminate those who make the decisions to fire them.  

Yes, you arrest them. Like any of the civilised nations around the world. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Setton said:

Yes, you arrest them. Like any of the civilised nations around the world. 

Right.  That'd require sending in a battalion sized element with armor, minimum.  I'm sure their followers would be nice and stand aside.  I'd think a supporter of the Palestinian civilians would appreciate a means of warmaking that spared as many of them as possible.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

Right.  That'd require sending in a battalion sized element with armor, minimum.  I'm sure their followers would be nice and stand aside.  I'd think a supporter of the Palestinian civilians would appreciate a means of warmaking that spared as many of them as possible.   

Or maybe the occupying power needs to accept it has no right to other people's lands. 

Much as we did with southern Ireland and North America - if the local populace is unwilling to be governed by you, you leave. 

You don't just start murdering your own citizens. Israel can't have it both ways, claiming its their country but murdering the people who live there. 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2019 at 12:52 AM, Setton said:

Or maybe the occupying power needs to accept it has no right to other people's lands. 

Much as we did with southern Ireland and North America - if the local populace is unwilling to be governed by you, you leave. 

You don't just start murdering your own citizens. Israel can't have it both ways, claiming its their country but murdering the people who live there. 

Umm....he's referring to the Gaza strip; that is NOT part of Israel, and nor does Israel claim it ? 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 2