Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
spartan max2

Study: Teeth regenerated in rats.

spartan max2

While the researchers have not grown teeth inside of people's mouths yet, they have been experimenting on growing teeth using rats. The experiment involved 22 rats. The researchers implanted growth factors into the rats' mouths and found that new bone material was able to regenerate and integrate in only 9 weeks. So far, this is the first time that teeth have been able to be regenerated inside of a living organism.

https://www.sciencetimes.com/articles/24252/20191111/scientists-likely-found-way-to-grow-new-teeth-for-patients.htm

• Like 8

Not A Rockstar

This is interesting. I have always wondered why we cannot evolve to three sets of teeth now we last longer :) 

• Like 3

spartan max2
15 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

This is interesting. I have always wondered why we cannot evolve to three sets of teeth now we last longer :) 

Regenerative advancements are always interesting to me.

Because it would solve many conditions if we ever learn tech to grow/regenerate cartilage, teeth, the hearing hairs in our ears, organs, etc.

• Like 3

Susanc241

Rats!  This is probably going to come far too late for me.  But interesting all the same.

• Like 2

RabidMongoose
18 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Humans have been re-growing lost teeth for nearly 20 years.

Thats if they had the money to buy the machine that vibrates gum tissue at 2mhz to stimulate stem cell release.

ocpaul20
12 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Thats if they had the money to buy the machine that vibrates gum tissue at 2mhz to stimulate stem cell release.

Can we not buy a signal generator and put something on our face to input the right frequencies? Our body is more intelligent than most people think.

• Like 1

Not A Rockstar

Unless it promises huge profits, it will not be priority research.

Just how it is here on Earth 2019.

• Thanks 1

Manwon Lender
On 12/28/2019 at 4:51 AM, Not A Rockstar said:

Time I am certain as evolve something like that may be possible if it's required for further evolution. I just hope Science can figure these things out for the here and now.

• Like 1

Manwon Lender
On 12/28/2019 at 4:34 AM, spartan max2 said:

Sounds good, but there is obviously some hurtles to over come, while one group has achieved growing teeth in Rats, a separate group is using a different technique to grow teeth in humans that hasn't been successful. This is troubling for me, if one technique works why not apply it to humans and rats, unless there are side effects they are not talking about in the study in the link.

Peace

spartan max2
30 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Sounds good, but there is obviously some hurtles to over come, while one group has achieved growing teeth in Rats, a separate group is using a different technique to grow teeth in humans that hasn't been successful. This is troubling for me, if one technique works why not apply it to humans and rats, unless there are side effects they are not talking about in the study in the link.

Peace

Typically you got to do animal trials first before trying anything on humans, don't really do both at the same time. 

What's the other method you're talking about in humans? I missed that.

• Like 1

Manwon Lender
14 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Typically you got to do animal trials first before trying anything on humans, don't really do both at the same time. 

What's the other method you're talking about in humans? I missed that.

You would have to look at the link you provided again, I can't remember off the top of head. But it clearly stated that one group was successful in growing teeth in rats. The other group was attempting to use a different method to grow teeth in humans but was not successful. 

Peace

• Like 1

RabidMongoose
4 hours ago, ocpaul20 said:

Can we not buy a signal generator and put something on our face to input the right frequencies? Our body is more intelligent than most people think.

The original research found that low-frequency ultrasound directed into the gum caused extracted teeth to regrow in a process taking about 12 weeks of daily use for 20 minutes every day:

https://www.medica-tradefair.com/en/News/Archive/Ultrasound_Used_to_Regrow_Teeth

In this one the ultrasound used to get dental pulp to produce stem cells to replace missing hard tissue was at 45khz:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4265945/

So you can purchase a brand new dental ultrasonic machine off eBay. There arent any specifically branded for the regrowth or repair of teeth. But there are plenty of dental scale removers operating near and around 45khz which are surprisingly cheaper that what you probably expect. In the £50 $50 €50 price range.

So you would be applying the dental scaler to your gum area to get the tissue to release stem cells.

Nnicolette
On 12/27/2019 at 11:51 AM, Not A Rockstar said:

I don't know if it's very common, but you know some people do grow a third set of teeth, it's a form of hyperdontia...  But i bet it will someday be feasible for others considering:

"As it turns out, we have the ability, but we don’t.

Cheng Ming Chuong, who lead the USC study, says that humans contain the DNA to regrow lost limbs and even teeth, but the ability isn’t “turned on”."

• Like 1

Not A Rockstar
57 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

Cheng Ming Chuong, who lead the USC study, says that humans contain the DNA to regrow lost limbs and even teeth, but the ability isn’t “turned on”."

I have heard this before and wonder why they are not researching the heck out of why if it is true.

and then
On 12/27/2019 at 1:51 PM, Not A Rockstar said:

What a boon to mankind this would be!  Dentists would still have a job but Prosthodontics practices would take a hit!  Small price to pay for such an advancement.

• Like 2

Nnicolette
On 12/30/2019 at 8:57 PM, Not A Rockstar said:

I have heard this before and wonder why they are not researching the heck out of why if it is true.

I am sure somebody is... I think we are still just in the infancy of this technology though and sure we are getting bombarded with food with different genes inserted and altered but im betting there are heavy regulations probably keeping that from proceeding to experimentation on humans...