Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The World Will End by Next Week

tmcom

Just now, freetoroam said:

California is always having Earthquakes,  no surprises there. Obviously with all  the buildings and the amount of people there,  the effects will hit hard. 

I do not think you have to be a s scientist to predict an Earthquake rounds those parts,  as for the big one, very likely.

That's the very link I was referring to.  But this has been predicted for a long time...apparently a Big One of that magnitude happens every 300 to 500 years...and I think the last one was well over 300 years ago.

11 minutes ago, joc said:

Since I don't buy into the Climate Change crap to begin with...I don't see any point in reading anything linking it to earthquakes...which happen...deep below climate change...

That's certainly your choice I don't want you to go out of your comfort zone. I was just trying to make conversation, no disrespect intended.

peace.

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

why is crap like this given the opportunity to be talked about? Why bother even taking the time to discuss it? 

That's an interesting question, I don't have an answer for.:D

10 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

California is always having Earthquakes,  no surprises there. Obviously with all  the buildings and the amount of people there,  the effects will hit hard. 

I do not think you have to be a s scientist to predict an Earthquake rounds those parts,  as for the big one, very likely.

The earthquakes in California are small compared to the big Quake that hit Missouri in the early 1800s, it the worst that ever hit the USA in recorded history. Smaller Quakes and after shocks lasted for more than a year, and it has been determined that this fault system which follows the Mississippi River is way over due for its next performance. There is even talk that it could literally split the Country in half. 

Pst Californias Quakes are after shocks compared to the Quakes that have occurred there. Hell the entire course of the Mississippi was changed and the River flowed backwards for more than two days, due to the earths crust being raised.

Now that's sum Scary $hit.

20 hours ago, tmcom said:

This is a prediction made in 2004, "scientists say" so it is legitimate data.

w1c6SNV.jpg

This was published in  The Observer, which is a carbon copy of the Guardian, and according to the top, climate experts in 2004, this is what is going to happen in the next 4 days.

B)

First of all, it's a screen shot and not a link to a news story.

Secondly, it's in The Observer, which is a tabloid.

Third, there's no link to the actual Pentagon paper and no link to the science that it's based  on.  For all we know, the reporter got the info from the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

However, I've heard that His Noodly Supremeness does think that the climate is warming because his meatballs are heating up.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

The earthquakes in California are small compared to the big Quake that hit Missouri in the early 1800s, it the worst that ever hit the USA in recorded history. Smaller Quakes and after shocks lasted for more than a year, and it has been determined that this fault system which follows the Mississippi River is way over due for its next performance. There is even talk that it could literally split the Country in half. 

Pst Californias Quakes are after shocks compared to the Quakes that have occurred there. Hell the entire course of the Mississippi was changed and the River flowed backwards for more than two days, due to the earths crust being raised.

Now that's sum Scary $hit.

(sigh)

Geology is another science that's terribly misunderstood.  An earthquake cannot "split the country in half."  And the largest earthquake was 50 years ago in Alaska: https://gizmodo.com/the-largest-earthquake-in-u-s-history-happened-50-year-1552447376

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

(sigh)

Geology is another science that's terribly misunderstood.  An earthquake cannot "split the country in half."  And the largest earthquake was 50 years ago in Alaska: https://gizmodo.com/the-largest-earthquake-in-u-s-history-happened-50-year-1552447376

Sorry Brother, but like you said geology is misunderstood. The fault zone known as the New Madrid fault is unique. There are no tectonic plates or subduction zones located in the middle of the United States. However this fault zone for some reason runs along the Mississippi River,  and is still active as we speak.

Heres a link for you to read. Please let me know what you think.

https://missourilife.com/new-madrid-earthquakes-1811-1812/

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender

5 hours ago, freetoroam said:

No disrespect, but if England were to be hit by constant blizzards, we would  not care what happens in California, Washington and Oregon 

Out of curiosity, if the were a nuclear conflict,  how many people who do not have access to bunkers would start rioting? 

See i believe if there were a nuclear conflict,  apart from those in Switzerland,  where there are around 20,000 bunkers,  and the elite world leaders,  assuming they all get to the bunkers in time,  not that many people will be left above. So rioting would be short and so would famine.

Natural disasters and climate change are not new to this planet,  what is new is the amount of humans and their devastating effect of land.

Incidently it says the Pentagon tells Bush climate change will destroy us, nuclear conflict is not part of the Earths natural climate and as for Bush,  he did his fair share of ending the lives of many on this planet by bombing Iraq.

They threw in nuclear conflict, since that would dramatically decrease world populations and send the planet into a mini nuclear winter or ice age, (that has been well documented) which fixes the issue! :o

4 hours ago, freetoroam said:

We are on the list :P

Another point, according to the title,  the world will end by next week,  so a constant blizzard would not affect us because we will not be here to see it.

You will have a blizzard, as most of Europe should, inbetween a tidal wave, and people in boats stealing from stores, and apparently rioting, but the nuclear missile should keep them quiet!

4 hours ago, joc said:

Since I don't buy into the Climate Change crap to begin with...I don't see any point in reading anything linking it to earthquakes...which happen...deep below climate change...

Now, now you shouldn't call a religion, crap! :P

2 hours ago, Kenemet said:

First of all, it's a screen shot and not a link to a news story.

Secondly, it's in The Observer, which is a tabloid.

Third, there's no link to the actual Pentagon paper and no link to the science that it's based  on.  For all we know, the reporter got the info from the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

However, I've heard that His Noodly Supremeness does think that the climate is warming because his meatballs are heating up.

Forth, someone else found a PDF to the article in question!

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2004/feb/22/usnews.theobserver

So several prominent scientists, UK included, all tried to persuade bush that this would happen, 3 days to go, l guess Bush was wrong, lol.

:sleepy:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, tmcom said:

You will have a blizzard, as most of Europe should, inbetween a tidal wave, and people in boats stealing from stores, and apparently rioting, but the nuclear missile should keep them quiet!

:D cheely mare.

I got 582 tins of baked beans stacked in my hull,  I 'm ready. 

• Haha 3

Just now, freetoroam said:

:D cheely mare.

I got 582 tins of baked beans stacked in my hull,  I 'm ready. 

Did l mention the zombies?

:lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tmcom said:

Did l mention the zombies?

We got them already.  Most are running the joint.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, tmcom said:

So several prominent scientists, UK included, all tried to persuade bush that this would happen, 3 days to go, l guess Bush was wrong, lol.

:sleepy:

That's just another (misleading) newspaper story based on the same Pentagon report (which isn't at all secret) that specifically states - as noted on the previous page -  that no-one believes their worst case scenario will happen ;)  

For those who missed it, this is the "secret" Pentagon "report"

• Like 2

Incidentally, anyone else note in the report that Russia was "predicted" to join the EU in 2018 :D    

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Essan said:

That's just another (misleading) newspaper story based on the same Pentagon report (which isn't at all secret) that specifically states - as noted on the previous page -  that no-one believes their worst case scenario will happen ;)  

For those who missed it, this is the "secret" Pentagon "report"

Yeah, read a fair part, with the usual copout at the start, so if it doesn't happen, they can squirm out of it, and going into more detail on how nuclear war will happen, which is BS conjecture at its finest.

2025: EU nearscollapse

Page 16 or whereabouts when they show a chart as to how the climate is going to cause world war three, up to the year 2030, more rubbish.

The Guardian just took the nightlights and ran with it.

So a research paper, saying this probably won't happen, but who knows, then goes into great detail with charts and such, which go up to the year 2004 and then conjecture their brains out for the next 16, is pushed on Bush to get some quicy grants for the foreseeable future.

Bush was right to throw this in the trashcan, that is where it belongs, along with the rest.

But we will know in the next two days!

:PAnd the top scientists back then did take it seriously! Which means junk sites that report about angry spiders, heat sinks, this melting and sea levels rising, and such, cannot be taken seriously!

Edited by tmcom

I was always under the impression these reports were merely 'Okay guys, what issues COULD we possibly face in the next 20 years' and some eggheads sit down and work stuff out based on data they have (or no data at all) and put down what could happen. So, for example, we could do one for the next 20 years

- Asteroid 5km in diameter collides with Earth and causes massive destruction

- Water Shortages cause USA to invade Canada after border disputes over who controls the fresh water in the Great Lakes; other nations engage in wars due to conflicts over aquifer usage

- 'The Big One' hits and causes massive destruction in America

- Huge Earthquake causes worlds largest tsunami which covers the Pacific Islands, destroying entire nations

- China finally has adequate numbers of amphibious assault craft, supply ships and support craft to invade Taiwan and return their 'own' country to the country, causing a war between USA over fears China could starve Japan

- Turkey invades Cypriot Cyprus, deciding to make the entire thing Turkish, forcing NATO to remove them from the organisation. Turkey promptly joins a Russian lead organisation which quickly includes Belarus. Russia promptly invades the Baltic states and the rest of Ukraine. Terrible war in Europe.

- The European Union and Scotland invade the now divided United Kingdom and forces it to join their to-be-announced United European Union. The NATO members of this state leave and the United European Union Army is created. USA backs out of any potential alliance agreements due to the UK being divided and the treaties had the words 'United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland' not 'England' or 'Wales'. The world ignores this much like the Ukraine Soveriegnty Pact was ignored (USA and UK had agreement to defend Ukraine's sovereignty, but backed out because the other signatory was Russia and, well, you know).

- Atlantis resurfaces and declares war on the land-dwellers, enslaving them with superior technology

- Aliens arrive and say 'Hi'

- Climate Change causes some major issue somewhere

There. I've just covered some theoretical problems that could be encountered in 20 years. It's based on very little solid fact and is basically what I could think up on the spot. That was essentially my understanding of these reports. Identify a problem, think up possible solutions, store them, hope it's never needed. I'm pretty sure every nation in the west has a 'what happens if there is a civil war' situation; nobody hopes it'll happen, but it's planned just in case.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Troublehalf said:

I was always under the impression these reports were merely 'Okay guys, what issues COULD we possibly face in the next 20 years' and some eggheads sit down and work stuff out based on data they have (or no data at all) and put down what could happen.

Exactly!  The Pentagon commissioned a report on what the very worst case scenario might conceivably be - by preparing for that they would then be prepared (in theory) for whatever actually will happen.

The media then got wind of it and did what the media always do: blew it completely out of context.    

• Thanks 4

40 minutes ago, Troublehalf said:

I was always under the impression these reports were merely 'Okay guys, what issues COULD we possibly face in the next 20 years' and some eggheads sit down and work stuff out based on data they have (or no data at all) and put down what could happen. So, for example, we could do one for the next 20 years

- Asteroid 5km in diameter collides with Earth and causes massive destruction

- Water Shortages cause USA to invade Canada after border disputes over who controls the fresh water in the Great Lakes; other nations engage in wars due to conflicts over aquifer usage

- 'The Big One' hits and causes massive destruction in America

- Huge Earthquake causes worlds largest tsunami which covers the Pacific Islands, destroying entire nations

- China finally has adequate numbers of amphibious assault craft, supply ships and support craft to invade Taiwan and return their 'own' country to the country, causing a war between USA over fears China could starve Japan

- Turkey invades Cypriot Cyprus, deciding to make the entire thing Turkish, forcing NATO to remove them from the organisation. Turkey promptly joins a Russian lead organisation which quickly includes Belarus. Russia promptly invades the Baltic states and the rest of Ukraine. Terrible war in Europe.

- The European Union and Scotland invade the now divided United Kingdom and forces it to join their to-be-announced United European Union. The NATO members of this state leave and the United European Union Army is created. USA backs out of any potential alliance agreements due to the UK being divided and the treaties had the words 'United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland' not 'England' or 'Wales'. The world ignores this much like the Ukraine Soveriegnty Pact was ignored (USA and UK had agreement to defend Ukraine's sovereignty, but backed out because the other signatory was Russia and, well, you know).

- Atlantis resurfaces and declares war on the land-dwellers, enslaving them with superior technology

- Aliens arrive and say 'Hi'

- Climate Change causes some major issue somewhere

There. I've just covered some theoretical problems that could be encountered in 20 years. It's based on very little solid fact and is basically what I could think up on the spot. That was essentially my understanding of these reports. Identify a problem, think up possible solutions, store them, hope it's never needed. I'm pretty sure every nation in the west has a 'what happens if there is a civil war' situation; nobody hopes it'll happen, but it's planned just in case.

And and why do scientists push such rubbish, because some honesty buy it, and some are after the money, and some are so indoctrinated, they are their and others worst enemys!

Which shows present day scientists on climate change, should not be taken at face value!

2 days before Threadbo loses 60% of its snow, sniff!

Anybody here wanna try and simplify what's causing the burning up of Australia? 

~

7 hours ago, tmcom said:

From 2004... I know others have remarked on that.  Where's the actual paper?

Another point... what they're saying generally is true.  We've got a lot more economic refugees around the world now (surely you've noticed) due to crop failures and similar events and that IS leading to problems..  Storms are more frequent and stronger.  Venice had catastrophic flooding and a number of cities along the coast (and properties and islands) have had problems with increased sea levels.

Many countries started taking steps to mitigate the problems back in the earl 2000's.  Sadly, America isn't on the forefront of this... nor is China or India.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Sorry Brother, but like you said geology is misunderstood. The fault zone known as the New Madrid fault is unique. There are no tectonic plates or subduction zones located in the middle of the United States. However this fault zone for some reason runs along the Mississippi River,  and is still active as we speak.

Heres a link for you to read. Please let me know what you think.

https://missourilife.com/new-madrid-earthquakes-1811-1812/

Peace

If you check geologic maps, seismic zones that are not associated with subduction zones or tectonic plates are present around the world (v. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seismic_zone) But even a large fault zone shaking is NOT going to "split the country in half".  It was that remark that I objected to.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

If you check geologic maps, seismic zones that are not associated with subduction zones or tectonic plates are present around the world (v. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seismic_zone) But even a large fault zone shaking is NOT going to "split the country in half".  It was that remark that I objected to.

I understand and I think that my comment was inaccurate, thanks for the correction. While we will never know the true Seismic level of the 1811 / 1812 Quakes. It appears that according to the USGS that at least one of the Quakes was close to 8.8. To this day very few people are aware of the New Madrid Seismic zone, and also most have no idea that the potential for another serious event could occur at any time. The series of Quakes that occurred in this Zone are the worst known to have occurred in the Continental United States. If a similar event happens today it while be devastating beyond any thing else that happened. 

In closing let me say that I hope I am not alive to see it happen.

Peace

IMG_0157.JPG

Edited by Manwon Lender

17 hours ago, tmcom said:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-07/lowest-maximum-summer-temperature-at-thredbo/11774908

https://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Thredbo/6day/mid

Latest weather forecast for Threadbo, (sky resort in NSW) dammed if l can see any decrease in snow up to new years?

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6520686/snow-marks-the-start-of-summer/

The Bureau of Meteorology, (must have bit their tongue off in the process) admitted fresh snow fall a few weeks ago, on two of our biggest sky resorts in AU. With no decrease in snow since the start of the unprecedented summer.

So called scientists and experts, bleated that our children won't know what snow is, (within a few days) and our alpine areas are showing the opposite, or record low temp's and no decrease in snow!

Three days to go,...l think that we need to repent while we can.

In climatology high temps do NOT equate to dry conditions.  Neither do low temps correlate with low temps.  If you're seeing the two together, you are looking at weather, not climate.  In either case, you need to be looking at 30-year averages.  A 30-year running average will pretty much tell you what your local climate is doing.  So how about it?  What are your 30-year running averages showing?

Doug

• Haha 1

On 12/28/2019 at 6:03 AM, Essan said:

"Scientists say" is journalese for "this is a made up story and scientists don't really think this will happen at all"  ;) 

The nearest it normally comes is a scientist, when pressured by the journalist, admitting that "whilst I am quite sure it won't happen, there is always the outside possibility that it could".

In this case though, I think it was just a "what if" scenario produced by the Pentagon for war games purposes?   In any case, no reputable scientist made any such claim!

The media are well known for giving credence to such horror stories, though.  On one hand, I think of the little twit from Sweden as just another Antifa protester like her ole mum and da but on the other, I feel bad for kids like her who've been intentionally traumatized to believe this bunkum.  It's disgraceful.  I have nothing but respect for the teens and twenty-somethings who DO SOMETHING to make the world better.  Inventing devices or processes to clean up natural settings or collecting money for the same.  THEY are the ones to emulate.  Not those who just peddle hate on the world.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Kenemet said:

From 2004... I know others have remarked on that.  Where's the actual paper?

Another point... what they're saying generally is true.  We've got a lot more economic refugees around the world now (surely you've noticed) due to crop failures and similar events and that IS leading to problems..  Storms are more frequent and stronger.  Venice had catastrophic flooding and a number of cities along the coast (and properties and islands) have had problems with increased sea levels.

Many countries started taking steps to mitigate the problems back in the earl 2000's.  Sadly, America isn't on the forefront of this... nor is China or India.

Generally is true, sffft, if you go to a junk science wehsite it is! Crop failures, lol, we have had record global increases in crop production, namely wheat. Venice, sure, Venice has had worse flooding in the past, increased sea levels, sure show me one image from the 1800's and present day showing this so called sea level rise!

5 hours ago, Doug1029 said:

In climatology high temps do NOT equate to dry conditions.  Neither do low temps correlate with low temps.  If you're seeing the two together, you are looking at weather, not climate.  In either case, you need to be looking at 30-year averages.  A 30-year running average will pretty much tell you what your local climate is doing.  So how about it?  What are your 30-year running averages showing?

Doug

Weather not climate, lol, so when Au has its supposedly hottest day on record, it is climate and when tredbo has its coldest day ever in summer, that is weather. No, it is acually climate, but you get off of this crap, so!

30 year aver, blah, blah, blah and when l show that you come up with another angle or forget about it, or go and pray at the base of a bird slicer.

Been down this road before, if you and others are so sure about impending doom, then show us deniers one image from the 1800's showing sea levels somewhere, (where the land isn't sinking) and compare it with present day, showing the 30 - 50cm sea level difference!!!!!

Doesn't matter how hard l or others try, the world is ending. Forget about hard facts, forget about the f...ing obvious it is still ending. The only thing that is ending is sanity!

The world should be ending tomorrow, or we will be losing 60% of our snow, so we will see who is right, odd's on it will be me!

:gun:

I actually work on real-life climate issues.  Climate is a long-term average.

In Oklahoma we have had a five-inch increase in annual rainfall over the last 60 years.  That condition shows every indication of continuing, maybe even going higher.  If you want hard evidence, look at this:

59810b00d47ee.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C491

Oklahoma has millions of acres like this, all less than 60 years old.  That's climate change in action.  That's what an extra five inches of rain per year does.

If you want to believe that the world is going to end next week, or next year, or next decade, that is your perogative, but I expect these trees will still be invading agricultural fields 100 years from now.

Doug

Edited by Doug1029
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1