Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump’s Mental Health is a problem

Unusual Tournament

1 hour ago, Doug1029 said:

If your business is so marginal that you could make more working alone, or working for somebody else, then maybe that's what you should do.

So how long have your employees been working for you?  That will say a lot about how well off they are.

I have issues with employers who try to justify low wages/lack of benefits with the "I can't afford it" line.  If you can't afford it, maybe you should change businesses.  There's nothing wrong with working for someone else.

Doug

First off, I love the freedom of self employment. Second, I said I'd be better off that way financially if I provided benefits or higher wages because chances are I'd price myself out of what we do. Third, it is my business to run as I please. I'm in a comfort zone and make a decent living. I have no desire to expand which is the only way I can accumulate the volume needed to keep prices the same while bumping up wages. That's a lot more hustle than I care or need to do and I can do whatever I want. Not every company is out there to be big time and maybe what you should do is get your own business off the ground and run it your own way. 

Currently 1 guy for 14 years and the other 2 guys for 3 years. 

Again, maybe you should do what's best for you and I'll do what's best for me. I don't have a gun to anybody's head and I'm not justifying anything. The cost of doing business involves a lot more than the dollars per hour paid to employees. I have a good thing going. It's my name on the business, my name on the checks and name on the line concerning legal matters. 

The whole point of this is that while you may want and desire certain things from every employer you might not know that it's not always about being the biggest or the greediest. Some people like myself just kind of fall into this kind of life and just want to make a living. We make an offer and an employee can agree to it or not. I've never broken a promise or missed a payroll. The best thing you could do is not work for someone like me and that's fine. The last thing you should do is tell me what I should be doing.  You're free to ignore it, do it better or compete against me. I welcome it.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, F3SS said:

First off, I love the freedom of self employment. Second, I said I'd be better off that way financially if I provided benefits or higher wages because chances are I'd price myself out of what we do. Third, it is my business to run as I please. I'm in a comfort zone and make a decent living. I have no desire to expand which is the only way I can accumulate the volume needed to keep prices the same while bumping up wages. That's a lot more hustle than I care or need to do and I can do whatever I want. Not every company is out there to be big time and maybe what you should do is get your own business off the ground and run it your own way. 

Currently 1 guy for 14 years and the other 2 guys for 3 years. 

Again, maybe you should do what's best for you and I'll do what's best for me. I don't have a gun to anybody's head and I'm not justifying anything. The cost of doing business involves a lot more than the dollars per hour paid to employees. I have a good thing going. It's my name on the business, my name on the checks and name on the line concerning legal matters. 

The whole point of this is that while you may want and desire certain things from every employer you might not know that it's not always about being the biggest or the greediest. Some people like myself just kind of fall into this kind of life and just want to make a living. We make an offer and an employee can agree to it or not. I've never broken a promise or missed a payroll. The best thing you could do is not work for someone like me and that's fine. The last thing you should do is tell me what I should be doing.  You're free to ignore it, do it better or compete against me. I welcome it.

Fourteen years and three years (X2).  Evidently your people like working for you.

I realize that there are problems with the one-size-fits-all approach.  Small businesses have problems bigger ones don't and vice versa.  Nevertheless, if you need a special skill and don't have the money to buy it (or learn it yourself), then you will have to do without it.  That's called "capitalism."  If labor is a commodity, then you will have to pay the price to get it.  That seems to be a problem in high-tech companies where they can't seem to find skilled workers without paying them.

I spent three years as a consulting forester.  Mine was a one-horse operation with occasional temporary help during planting season.  I am familiar with the problems of a very small business.  But "That's up be'ind me now/Long ago and far away."  I am four years from retirement after which I plan to let you young guys do the work.

Doug

Edited by Doug1029
  • Like 2

On 1/10/2020 at 1:45 PM, Doug1029 said:

It's not gloating.  Iran obviously screwed up, whether it wants to admit it or not.  The shoot-down was unintentional.  Still, it occurred during a response to the US missile attack.  Probably some new recruit who didn't know what he was doing.

So those 176 victims were a consequence of Trump's attack, even though nobody intended that.

Doug

Having given this some additional thought, I don’t know if we can say with any certainty that this was unintentional.

Iran could have waited several hours to see if there was going to be any response from the United States, and amazingly these international flights apparently were still flying regularly, in and out of the airport, going in many different directions. I believe the principal argument for this, was people were trying to get out of the country, and were willing to risk life and limb to do so, including the airlines, themselves. Of all people, one would think that the Ukrainians, after their recent mishap over their own airspace in a war zone, should’ve known better. In fact, I would argue that this fact makes that plane far more desirable, then any other international flight, because it would help deflect the real underlying blame.

What if, as a play on the world’s sympathy, Iran staged the accident? For example, I saw Ali Velshi on MSNBC openly crying as he showed the pictures of all the innocent people who died on that flight.

If true, it’s a brilliant propaganda move, externally, and possibly even internally, as this plays out within the Iranian psyche.

Sadly, we live in a world where deception rules the day, especially in war, and that’s true across the globe. These cloak and dagger maneuvers have become commonplace, and go far beyond the false flag examples of the past.

In the end, I think that Donald Trump will ultimately pay the political price, because many Americans are feeling sorry for these innocent men women and children who were on board that plane, and that hurts Donald Trump. It was one thing to kill Soleimani, it was another to help cause this accident, even if indirectly.

Edited by Raptor Witness

3 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

Having given this some additional thought, I don’t know if we can say with any certainty that this was unintentional.

Iran could have waited several hours to see if there was going to be any response from the United States, and amazingly these international flights apparently were still flying regularly, in and out of the airport, going in many different directions. I believe the principal argument for this, was people were trying to get out of the country, and were willing to risk life and limb to do so, including the airlines, themselves. Of all people, one would think that the Ukrainians, after their recent mishap over their own airspace in a war zone, should’ve known better. In fact, I would argue that this fact makes that plane far more desirable, then any other international flight, because it would help deflect the real underlying blame.

What if, as a play on the world’s sympathy, Iran staged the accident? For example, I saw Ali Velshi on MSNBC openly crying as he showed the pictures of all the innocent people who died on that flight.

If true, it’s a brilliant propaganda move, externally, and possibly even internally, as this plays out within the Iranian psyche.

Sadly, we live in a world where deception rules the day, especially in war, and that’s true across the globe. These cloak and dagger maneuvers have become commonplace, and go far beyond the false flag examples of the past.

in the end, I think that Donald Trump will ultimately pay the political price, because many Americans are feeling sorry for these innocent men women and children who were on board that plane, and that hurts Donald Trump. It was one thing to kill Soleimani, it was another to help cause this accident, even if indirectly.

Iran has now admitted to the mistake and is under protest by its own citizens.

If one is looking for conspiracy theories to explain the events, one could argue that it was CIA operatives to targeted the plane to make Iran look bad.  Personally, I doubt that because Iran would not have taken responsibility for a shoot-down that somebody else did.

I keep remembering that the first shot of the Civil War was fired by a cadet from the Citadel who acted without orders.  I suspect that is what happened here.  Somebody acted without knowing what he was doing.  And that's why you don't give deadly force to people who aren't thoroughly trained - you get Kent States.

Doug

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

Iran has now admitted to the mistake and is under protest by its own citizens.

If one is looking for conspiracy theories to explain the events, one could argue that it was CIA operatives to targeted the plane to make Iran look bad.  Personally, I doubt that because Iran would not have taken responsibility for a shoot-down that somebody else did.

I keep remembering that the first shot of the Civil War was fired by a cadet from the Citadel who acted without orders.  I suspect that is what happened here.  Somebody acted without knowing what he was doing.  And that's why you don't give deadly force to people who aren't thoroughly trained - you get Kent States.

Doug

Keeping within the constraints of the threads thesis, don’t you find it remarkable that the primary penalty in the United States right now, for this mishap, is not Iranian stupidity, but Donald Trump’s recklessness? The simple question then becomes, could this have been foreseen? I would argue, absolutely.

If I were an unethical counterterrorism or propaganda adviser to the Iranian leadership, I might have recommended just such a maneuver, and I’m speaking purely hypothetical, as this is not something that I would normally do, as a Christian.

Remember also, the Iranians are playing chess against Trump, who is lucky if he can even play checkers.

Insanity. Trump checkmated the Iranians and Iran is fully responsible for shooting down that plane. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Raptor Witness said:

Remember also, the Iranians are playing chess against Trump, who is lucky if he can even play checkers.

The greatest hoax ever perpetrated is by the Left...on themselves.

"Trump is clueless and has no idea what he is doing."

This keeps the Left busy while Trump proceeds to drive criminals out of world governments.  Keep it up!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Raptor Witness said:

President Trump does not play chess or checkers , they are far too constrained by rules and realities.  He plays poker which leans far more heavily on belief and bluff.  He has spent his life doing that and become pretty astute at reading his opponents.  He may not spend a lot of time formulating long term strategies, but he is very good at taking advantage of the moment.

The Iranians may not be world class chess players either.  It seems like a major oversight not to ground all commercial flights when  under the threat of imminent attack.  So what if people want to get out?  Make them wait a day or two.

Still it may fall within the realm of past human blunders and be a dumb mistake rather than a calculation. Or it may be that the government knew no counter attack was coming but the soldiers did not.

It may not have been an evil plan by anybody to shoot down a commercial airliner, just an unfortunate consequence of combat  The Iranians did confess to shooting down this plane.  The Russians never were so straight forward when they or their Russian supplied militia brought down the last plane.

After that incident, the president's poker instincts came into play. He does not have to risk his own pile of chips calling the Iranians bluff, he can sit back and watch.  Citizen protests are massive right now calling for replacement of many in government.  He can watch that play out.  Either the leadership falls and he wins or they massacre the protesters and he wins by getting world opinion to turn even more against the Iranian government.  Regime change. Good place to be.

To bring this back to the President's mental health, his insecurities might have  clouded his cover story for the initial drone strike.

If you look at things with a hard eye, you might consider that the president does not really want a shooting war with American casualties in an election year.  Even if we squash the Iranians, some Americans are likely to die, and many Iranians are sure to do so, which is not great for world opinion.

He does not want to be impeached, and while it is 95% certain he will not be convicted by the Senate, he is uncomfortable and squirmy over that last 5%.

He does not want Bolton to testify.

So he makes a calculation.  Somebody briefs him on alternatives and this very bad guy who really needs killing is one possibility.  Bingo.

Pompeo is happy, Bolton is happy, Hawks in the Senate are happy, (who did he tell in advance?  Cotton and Graham)  Impeachment is 99.99% dead. The President  looks good.  Winner winner chicken dinner.

Somehow a message gets to the Iranians to clinch the deal, we will stop right here if you will.  No need to escalate, no need to risk more American or Iranian lives.   The message comes back, OK Iran agrees.   Seems pretty brilliant and satisfactory.

Then the  interviews and uncomfortable questions start. and the president's Insecurities surface. He begins to embellish. It has to be an  imminent attack so action had to be taken right away, no time for consultation.  It has to be more than the Baghdad embassy, it has to be four. embassies.  Stories change and become less plausible.

If he can just keep it together, he will get through it smelling like a rose.  It is a pretty brilliant move.

• Like 2

The saddest part of the Trump cult, is that his followers have themselves become so infected by his poisonous fantasies, to the extent that there is no chance of escape for them.

1 hour ago, F3SS said:

Insanity. Trump checkmated the Iranians and Iran is fully responsible for shooting down that plane. 

You make it sound like the downing of the Ukrainian passenger plane was a American victory ?

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

You make it sound like the downing of the Ukrainian passenger plane was a American victory ?

Well it kinda is.  That plane being downed and the civilians being killed seriously de-escalated what could have turned into a major war. 

Ever get a guy so p***ed off at you that he took a swing, missed, and hit a girl in the face?  He gets so upset and ashamed that the fight is over. (Well unless he was the one that started it in the first case in which the whole party beats him up.)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Well it kinda is.  That plane being downed and the civilians being killed seriously de-escalated what could have turned into a major war. 

Ever get a guy so p***ed off at you that he took a swing, missed, and hit a girl in the face?  He gets so upset and ashamed that the fight is over. (Well unless he was the one that started it in the first case in which the whole party beats him up.)

Interesting analogy. So you sure that Iran would have retaliated, again if the Ukrainian jet had not been shot down ? I don't think they would have.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Interesting analogy. So you sure that Iran would have retaliated, again if the Ukrainian jet had not been shot down ? I don't think they would have.  

I still think they will.  Just through proxies.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, F3SS said:

Iran is responsible.

But Trump started the chain of events that led to it.

So both are responsible.

Doug

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Not at all. I don't know where your mind has to be to think like that. You're just contorting yourself to try and demonize me. I'm glad I don't think like that. It's sick.

It was only Iran looking foolish.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, F3SS said:

Not at all. I don't know where your mind has to be to think like that. You're just contorting yourself to try and demonize me. I'm glad I don't think like that. It's sick.

It was only Iran looking foolish.

No i was not trying to demonise you. You said Trump checkmated Iran. How is the shooting down of the Ukrainian passenger plane a victory for Trump ? Its a casualty of the tension not any boon for any one side.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

No i was not trying to demonise you. You said Trump checkmated Iran. How is the shooting down of the Ukrainian passenger plane a victory for Trump ? Its a casualty of the tension not any boon for any one side.  

I never claimed it was. This is twice now that you're telling me that's what I said. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, F3SS said:

Hold on, Iran shooting the plane wasn't the checkmate. Killing the general was. Thought that would've been obvious.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I still think they will.  Just through proxies.

Well it looks like they attacked Balad airbase with missiles. Maybe the west was prepared to accept the downing of the Ukrainian passenger plane for no further retaliation but Iran has other ideas. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Well it looks like they attacked Balad airbase with missiles. Maybe the west was prepared to accept the downing of the Ukrainian passenger plane for no further retaliation but Iran has other ideas. 

True, but they were fired from 50 miles north of Baghdad.  Iraqi militia, I am guessing.  The proxies I was talking about.

• Like 2

I posted something from this article jokingly in another thread but then I did some follow up reading and damn tell me these ten signs dont fit to a ****ing T

Internet speculates about Trump’s strange gait at Clemson vs LSU championship

Signs and Symptoms of Frontotemporal Dementia

Each case of FTD is different, but the illness generally becomes more distinguishable from other brain conditions as it progresses. Symptoms may occur in clusters, and some may be more prevalent in early or later stages. Here is a list of ten signs of FTD:

1. Poor judgment
  2. Loss of empathy
  3. Socially inappropriate behavior
  4. Lack of inhibition
  5. Repetitive compulsive behavior
  6. Inability to concentrate or plan
  7. Frequent, abrupt mood changes
  8. Speech difficulties
  9. Problems with balance or movement
  10. Memory loss

I mean ..........

8 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I posted something from this article jokingly in another thread but then I did some follow up reading and damn tell me these ten signs dont fit to a ****ing T

This is just another case of the media desperately seeking a story. President Trump’s gait is perfectly normal for someone who’s used to walking on solid floors. Any hiker can tell you that.

The symptoms list is biased as well. ‘Socially Inappropriate Behavior’ is when someone strips off their clothes and walks through the grocery store. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, simplybill said:

This is just another case of the media desperately seeking a story. President Trump’s gait is perfectly normal for someone who’s used to walking on solid floors. Any hiker can tell you that.

The symptoms list is biased as well. ‘Socially Inappropriate Behavior’ is when someone strips off their clothes and walks through the grocery store. 

I think socially inappropriate behaviour is also tweeting every thought that goes through your head.  Trump reminds me more and more of Reagan with the exception that Reagan actaully had manners.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I think socially inappropriate behaviour is also tweeting every thought that goes through your head.  Trump reminds me more and more of Reagan with the exception that Reagan actaully had manners.

There are 62 million Twitter users in the United States. 26 million are on Twitter every day. Twitter use is socially appropriate.

• Like 1