Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump’s Mental Health is a problem

Unusual Tournament

On 1/14/2020 at 11:09 PM, Farmer77 said:

Based on the weird increase in activity in my backyard which isnt a military base im gonna guess somewhere deserty and mountainy.

My nephew, an Army Ranger, summed it up:  "someplace with a lot of sand."

Doug

• Like 1

I wonder how Trump's mental health is fairing today.  I watched them swear in the Chief Justice.  Then I turned it off.  Didn't want to watch all those Republicans lying under oath.

Doug

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doug1029 said:

I wonder how Trump's mental health is fairing today.  I watched them swear in the Chief Justice.  Then I turned it off.  Didn't want to watch all those Republicans lying under oath.

Doug

That's a great analysis Doug

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/14/2020 at 3:04 PM, simplybill said:

That’s why we have a Constitution. It prevents political leaders from overstepping their bounds. I gave an earlier example of former Pres. Obama, who campaigned as a Constitutional Law Professor: by the time the Supreme Court removed the unconstitutional parts of the Affordable Care Act, it was reduced almost to nothing. 

Not true ....

I’ve had a policy from day one. It’s not perfect, but by and large it’s helped a lot of people, including me.

On 1/14/2020 at 12:30 PM, simplybill said:

A businessman with 50 years of business experience didn’t preside over 494 successful businesses by being a doormat. He’s not going to let a bunch of politicians push him around.

Do you see what you typed?  494 businesses!!! what kind of psychopath would think that is a good thing. How many of those businesses are still solvent or exist, and how many failed due to bankruptcy? How many law suits have been processed over the year and how many are still in litigation.   A good business man can brag about a business he started from the ground up with his own money or money he borrowed and paid back that is still a viable business after 30 years.  A bad businessman is one who does not take care of his businesses and brags about having 494 businesses!

On 1/14/2020 at 10:09 PM, Farmer77 said:

Based on the weird increase in activity in my backyard which isnt a military base im gonna guess somewhere deserty and mountainy.

How close to the border are you?  Could it be homeland security training?

19 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Do you see what you typed?  494 businesses!!! what kind of psychopath would think that is a good thing. How many of those businesses are still solvent or exist, and how many failed due to bankruptcy? How many law suits have been processed over the year and how many are still in litigation.   A good business man can brag about a business he started from the ground up with his own money or money he borrowed and paid back that is still a viable business after 30 years.  A bad businessman is one who does not take care of his businesses and brags about having 494 businesses!

Donald Trump was CEO (or majority shareholder) of 500 businesses, of which 6 filed for bankruptcy. That’s 1.2% compared to the National average of 4-6% of businesses filing bankruptcy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, simplybill said:

Donald Trump was CEO (or majority shareholder) of 500 businesses, of which 6 filed for bankruptcy. That’s 1.2% compared to the National average of 4-6% of businesses filing bankruptcy. 

All at once?  How do you think he manages that?  He uses other people's money and sells his name.  He doesn't run any of those businesses himself so he is not a business man he is a con man who knows how to get people to give him money and credit for their work.  No one could run 500 business or even be a majority shareholder in 500 businesses.  Look up what it takes.  He is not that rich.  Maybe one of the oil sheiks in Suadi Arabia has that much money, but Trump doesn't.  (hint, major shareholder means major investor)

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

All at once?  How do you think he manages that?  He uses other people's money and sells his name.  He doesn't run any of those businesses himself so he is not a business man he is a con man who knows how to get people to give him money and credit for their work.  No one could run 500 business or even be a majority shareholder in 500 businesses.  Look up what it takes.  He is not that rich.  Maybe one of the oil sheiks in Suadi Arabia has that much money, but Trump doesn't.  (hint, major shareholder means major investor)

To be fair, the Trump Organization- created by Trump's grandmother and father, is the umbrella company for about 500 businesses and does the day to day management.  Trump inherited this and some businesses were already established.  He doesn't have to do any day to day management.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trump_Organization

So technically he can brag that he owns 500 businesses. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

He’s not a con man. All of the things you mentioned are a part of being in business. That’s what business people do.  

• Like 2

Just now, Gromdor said:

To be fair, the Trump Organization- created by Trump's grandmother and father, is the umbrella company for about 500 businesses and does the day to day management.  Trump inherited this and some businesses were already established.  He doesn't have to do any day to day management.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trump_Organization

So technically he can brag that he owns 500 businesses. 

But he can't brag that he is a businessman, in my opinion, since he doesn't do any of the work for any of those businesses.  Why else would he sell himself to a televsion network?  Not because he is a good businessman, but because he likes the attention.  He is a media personality first.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

But he can't brag that he is a businessman, in my opinion, since he doesn't do any of the work for any of those businesses.  Why else would he sell himself to a televsion network?  Not because he is a good businessman, but because he likes the attention.  He is a media personality first.

Ah, but he does and it works.  Any sensible person knows a man really can't run 500 businesses, be president, and golf as much as he does at the same time.  But by saying he does and can, it inflates his capabilities and image to the voters/potential customers.

7 minutes ago, simplybill said:

He’s not a con man. All of the things you mentioned are a part of being in business. That’s what business people do.  

You are quite right there.  Ultimately there really isn't much of a difference between a con man and a good businessman, however.  Selling ice to Eskimos, for instance.

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Ultimately there really isn't much of a difference between a con man and a good businessman, however. 

I don’t understand that reasoning. I work for a company that has been very successful over the years. I’ve never once felt as though I was being conned. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simplybill said:

I don’t understand that reasoning. I work for a company that has been very successful over the years. I’ve never once felt as though I was being conned. 

Do you sell ice to Eskimos?

If you did, would that make you a very good businessman or a con man?

At that level is there a difference?

6 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Do you sell ice to Eskimos?

If you did, would that make you a very good businessman or a con man?

At that level is there a difference?

I don’t understand your point. Has a businessperson ever become successful selling ice to Eskimos? 

12 hours ago, Doug1029 said:

Doug

10 hours ago, acidhead said:

That's a great analysis Doug

Mitch McConnell and several others have already said that when the took the oath, they would be lying because they didn't intend to go by it.

Doug

• Like 1

Impeaching Donald Trump, and telling him that the United States is to be a republic, again, is like a scene from the movie Gladiator, where Marcus Aurelius tells Commodus that he won't be the emperor. The only difference is that Trump lashed out at Iran, instead, by killing Soleimani.

Trump "is not a moral man" ..... also fits very well.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

Impeaching Donald Trump, and telling him that the United States is to be a republic, again, is like a scene from the movie Gladiator, where Marcus Aurelius tells Commodus that he won't be the emperor. The only difference is that Trump lashed out at Iran, instead, by killing Soleimani.

Trump "is not a moral man" ..... also fits very well.

• Like 2

On 1/17/2020 at 10:36 AM, Desertrat56 said:

You ever watch Shark Tank? This type of thing isn't unusual for entrepreneurs. Some of those guys probably have him beat in business ventures. "Business" is a varied term and being a "business man" doesn't mean running the day to day operations of everything you're involved in though it may make one responsible for the way it runs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2020 at 11:02 AM, Desertrat56 said:

...he is a con man...

Aren't they all?  Didn't Obama promise to have the "most transparent administration" in U.S. history?  And didn't Obama's SOS set up a private, secret server in which to evade oversight by the people?  And didn't Obama KNOW about it and allow it to continue?  Didn't Obama promise that "you'll be able to keep your doctor" and "you'll save $2,500 a year in premiums" only for both of those to be completely untrue?  Didn't Obama and his top people spend a week telling us that the motivation behind the Benghazi attacks was a YouTube video?  If Obama wasn't a "con man", then there is no such thing as a con man.  

I wouldn't vote for Trump to be Pope, but I think he's an effective CEO of our nation's economy and this Floridian plans on voting for him - again.   

• Like 3

Just now, K9Buck said:

I wouldn't vote for Trump to be Pope, but I think he's an effective CEO of our nation's economy and this Floridian plans on voting for him - again.   

CEOs are selected based on their skills, #45 was elected by people who like to yell around in public.

On 1/21/2020 at 12:10 AM, F3SS said:

You ever watch Shark Tank? This type of thing isn't unusual for entrepreneurs.

A friend of mine was an entrepreneur.  He was always scheming on how to make a buck.  Great guy.  Really driven, really funny.  He had some crazy ideas that went nowhere.  Eventually, he hit it big in the billboard business and became a millionaire.  He was a lot of fun and I miss him as he passed away in 2012.  

I think America would be better off if more successful business people ran for office instead of ideologues, academics and career politicians who know little to nothing about creating and growing wealth.   

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, toast said:

CEOs are selected based on their skills, #45 was elected by people who like to yell around in public.

If you say so.  The economy is doing well and, provided things remain as they are, Trump will easily be re-elected in November.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, K9Buck said:

Aren't they all?  Didn't Obama promise to have the "most transparent administration" in U.S. history?  And didn't Obama's SOS set up a private, secret server in which to evade oversight by the people?  And didn't Obama KNOW about it and allow it to continue?  Didn't Obama promise that "you'll be able to keep your doctor" and "you'll save $2,500 a year in premiums" only for both of those to be completely untrue?  Didn't Obama and his top people spend a week telling us that the motivation behind the Benghazi attacks was a YouTube video?  If Obama wasn't a "con man", then there is no such thing as a con man.  

I have no idea what you are talking about in most of that, but I do know that Obama did NOT set up what is mistakenly called "Obama Care".  That has been going through congress and the senate in different permutations since Nixon was president AND it was not Obama who changed it to allow the insurance companies to raise the rates of their existing customers (specifically the self insured).  That was Congress!!!!  The only reason we did not have this "government required" health insurance before Obama was because of the clause that was removed stating that the insurance companies would not be allowed to raise the rates on their current customers.  SO, for that one you have to blame Congress, not Obama.

Also, all presidents since before Nixon have been and are puppets of big money.  The reason they took Nixon out is because he walked away from his scripts and tried to take control, but being a megalomaniac, he commited something that would have been proven to be treason if he had been impeached.  He knew that and resigned making it impossible for him to ever enter politics in again.

I get tired of the president always getting the credit for nonsense that isn't real (like the ecconomy) and taking the blame for things that everyone is angry about.  Start cleaning house in Congress and the senate and you will probably "love" who ever gets elected in 2024.