Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump’s Mental Health is a problem

Unusual Tournament

On 12/28/2019 at 1:50 PM, Captain Risky said:

Trump’s Mental Health, Not Impeachment, Could Be His Undoing: Professor

According Bandy X. Lee, president of the World Mental Health Coalition and a psychiatry professor at the Yale University School of Medicine, Trump should be submitted for an involuntary psychiatric evaluation.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.ccn.com/trumps-mental-health-not-impeachment-could-be-his-undoing-professor/

Yet another sickologist violating the Goldwater Rule.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/28/2019 at 7:50 PM, Captain Risky said:

Trump’s Mental Health, Not Impeachment, Could Be His Undoing: Professor

According Bandy X. Lee, president of the World Mental Health Coalition and a psychiatry professor at the Yale University School of Medicine, Trump should be submitted for an involuntary psychiatric evaluation.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.ccn.com/trumps-mental-health-not-impeachment-could-be-his-undoing-professor/

Has the professor been sacked yet?

He needs sacking.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Do you know which body he is a member of?

• Like 1

On 12/29/2019 at 12:53 AM, RAyMO said:

How many small businesses did he ruin by not paying his bills?

Why is that relevant to whether someone should be a President or not?

Have you really stooped that low in your desperation to get rid of him? lmao.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

I have a dare for you.

I will make a complaint to Harvard about her breaking its code of ethics if you do too?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

I have a dare for you.

I will make a complaint to Harvard about her breaking its code of ethics if you do too?

Unless you're a rich Harvard alumni I doubt very seriously it would have any impact except for in the circular file.

• Like 1

Captain Risky: The article you posted has no substance. The Professor herself failed to offer anything of substance to defend her allegations of ‘mental illness’ other than this :

“Specifically, Lee said, his six-page letter to Pelosi ahead of the impeachment vote suggests Trump’s mental health is in a questionable condition.”

She didn’t quote a specific paragraph or sentence from the letter, or analyze why it showed signs of mental illness. Nothing at all.

The author goes on to quote two people who have no qualifications to diagnose mental illness, and who have been virulently opposed to President Trump from the beginning.

The article is nothing but political mud slinging.

Edited by simplybill
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Not at all. The Don has the entire future of life on earth in his little pudgy hands. 

Which should be a reassuring thought for all of us. 

And, so far, has avoided expanding wars around the world.  Sent the economy damned near into the stratosphere and has kept the politicians on the Left from doing anything effectively to nullify it all.  He isn't crazy.  He's just making THEM crazy.  I hope his pudgy little hands have a grand old time in 2020.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well don't you think he might have a point reminding California that perhaps they ought to get their own house in order before smugly setting themselves up as superior? 

Hey...what's a little human-feces between friends and neighbors?  :blink:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Really ? Why ? 

Yeeeeeeeess..... <edges away slowly> 

NURSE !! Quickly.... the Medication.. ! :P 

Do you see why I'm concerned that those like Farmer are about ready to take their "concerns" to the streets if he wins re-election?  They've quite literally gone off the edge.

• Like 3

well I'm sure it is, but how many of those are actually officially US Citizens? 

The great EXODUS is a train of taxpayers and the businesses that hire them.  Unfortunately, they're taking the same political instincts that caused the problem, with them to their new states.  It's like a spreading viral plague.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, and then said:

And, so far, has avoided expanding wars around the world.  Sent the economy damned near into the stratosphere and has kept the politicians on the Left from doing anything effectively to nullify it all.  He isn't crazy.  He's just making THEM crazy.  I hope his pudgy little hands have a grand old time in 2020.

Spot on.

He is a dam good US President who likes winding the left up so much if they arent careful they will give themselves a stroke.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

Spot on.

He is a dam good US President who likes winding the left up so much if they arent careful they will give themselves a stroke.

Perhaps that is his plan :P :D  ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, simplybill said:

Captain Risky: The article you posted has no substance. The Professor herself failed to offer anything of substance to defend her allegations of ‘mental illness’ other than this :

“Specifically, Lee said, his six-page letter to Pelosi ahead of the impeachment vote suggests Trump’s mental health is in a questionable condition.”

She didn’t quote a specific paragraph or sentence from the letter, or analyze why it showed signs of mental illness. Nothing at all.

The author goes on to quote two people who have no qualifications to diagnose mental illness, and who have been virulently opposed to President Trump from the beginning.

The article is nothing but political mud slinging.

She has a very well established body of work that is linked,  albeit circuitously , in the article.

Here is an article by her on the subject  :

I'm a forensic psychiatrist at Yale. I took a look at Trump's letter to Nancy Pelosi — and it left me very worried

Reading Trump’s letter to Pelosi without arming oneself with the right interpretation ends up playing into the hands of pathology and helping it. In the most extreme cases, the dynamics contribute to what is called “shared psychosis.” Shared psychosis is a phenomenon that happens commonly in households where a severely ill individual goes untreated: rather than the sick person growing healthy, healthy family members often take on symptoms of the sick person. I have seen some of the most intelligent and otherwise high-functioning persons succumb to the most bizarre delusions from close contact with someone whose mental state is not normal. Shared psychosis can also happen on a national scale, as renowned mental health experts such as Erich Fromm have noted.

The president is quite conscious of his ability to generate this mass hysteria, which is the purpose of his letter. He engenders it unconsciously, through what he refers to as his “gut”.  He correctly recognizes that primitive “abilities” strengthen when higher functions are compromised or bypassed. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/trump-pelosi-letter-impeachment-mental-health-republicans-a9252431.html

I note that I am in keeping with the affirmative obligation of “the Goldwater rule,” an ethical guideline in psychiatry that urges us to meet our responsibility to society by participating in activities that improve the community and better public health. We are charged with educating the public when questions about a public figure arise, without diagnosing. I refrain from commenting on things I do not have enough information for — but when I have information that is critical to protecting public health and safety, I do not withhold it either. In general medical practice, a duty to warn and to protect those who are vulnerable to danger supersedes all other rules.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, and then said:

Do you see why I'm concerned that those like Farmer are about ready to take their "concerns" to the streets if he wins re-election?  They've quite literally gone off the edge.

Exactly what about what I have said in this conversation means ive gone off the edge?

We can all agree that POTUS is the most powerful man on earth right? That he has access to an arsenal powerful enough to essentially destroy the planet right? We can all agree on these basic established facts right?

Why then if one thought POTUS was mentally ill would it mean one was "off the edge" to think that the most powerful man on the planet being mentally ill is potentially dangerous?

Please do explain in detail.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

The president is quite conscious of his ability to generate this mass hysteria, which is the purpose of his letter. He engenders it unconsciously, through what he refers to as his “gut”.  He correctly recognizes that primitive “abilities” strengthen when higher functions are compromised or bypassed. 

Mass hysteria? Higher functions compromised? That might be true if Pres. Trump was leading down the path of destruction, but what I’ve been seeing is a stronger economy, a growing 401K, more people working, renegotiated agreements with our trade partners, better race relations, no new wars.... And Professor Lee thinks I’m delusional because I support the President? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, simplybill said:

Mass hysteria? Higher functions compromised? That might be true if Pres. Trump was leading down the path of destruction, but what I’ve been seeing is a stronger economy, a growing 401K, more people working, renegotiated agreements with our trade partners, better race relations, no new wars.... And Professor Lee thinks I’m delusional because I support the President? 

Not at all. The fact that you mentioned political goals during this conversation however I think is getting at the problem. 

Remove those from the conversation. IDK how old you are but if old enough try this small exercise. Remove the 2016 election cycle and todays politics from your mind and put yourself back to IDK pick a year lets say 2014 and before.

Now the POTUS' spokesperson when shown proof POTUS lied to the American public tells you "we're going to be giving you alternative facts"

Now  imagine POTUS says something scientifically inaccurate and is corrected by the professional scientists and decides to use a sharpie to try and claim he was correct in the first place

Now imagine POTUS sends out vulgarities on official government stationary

Now imagine POTUS stood next to the President of a nation actively attempting to sew discord in the US and declared to the world he believed that leader over our own US intelligence agencies.

Now imagine POTUS puts out a statement on government stationary questioning why we should follow the Constitution

Shared psychosis is a phenomenon that happens commonly in households where a severely ill individual goes untreated: rather than the sick person growing healthy, healthy family members often take on symptoms of the sick person. I have seen some of the most intelligent and otherwise high-functioning persons succumb to the most bizarre delusions from close contact with someone whose mental state is not normal. Shared psychosis can also happen on a national scale, as renowned mental health experts such as Erich Fromm have noted.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Thanks 2

I totally agree with Dana Carvey 

11 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Perhaps that is his plan :P :D  ? 

Nah, but after everything the Left has put him through, he probably would see it as a bonus ;)   Seriously... I have to wonder just how outrageous he'd have been if he'd been treated fairly, even for a few months.  Maybe he'd still behave like a jerk but I think he would have actually worked hard enough with the D's that he might have alienated his own base enough to lose next year.  As it is, their relentless attacks and lies have effectively "immunized" him from political attacks in general.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, and then said:

Seriously... I have to wonder just how outrageous he'd have been if he'd been treated fairly, even for a few months.

His administration lied, got caught lying, and then told Americans they were going to keep lying to us but call them "alternative facts" ON DAY ONE. He is treated by sober minded people as he should be.

Crawl down from your cross, recognize that personal responsibility is still a thing, and try and regain some resemblance of what the GOP used to be.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

She has a very well established body of work that is linked,  albeit circuitously , in the article.

If she is to be considered a serious professional, she should stop making "diagnoses" without ever seeing the patient or examining them firsthand.  I think Trump has caused more marginal psychotic people to go over the edge than he has gone there himself.  But hey, keep it up.  Hope springs eternal ;)   Just remember that if he's re-elected, escalating rhetoric to violence will do NO-ONE any good.  I hope you agree with this sentiment.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

He is treated by sober minded people as he should be.

Well, belief is a personal choice and enough people disagree with you and those like you that he is almost certainly going to be around for another 5 years.  The priceless aspect of that is that his enemies have done more to assure it than his supporters.  Simply amazing, innit?

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Now imagine POTUS puts out a statement on government stationary questioning why we should follow the Constitution.

I’ve been around since Eisenhower was in office. I guess that makes me a Boomer? 

Those points of consideration you presented are cause for concern, but because we do have a Constitution that limits the power of the President I’m not overly concerned about it. But if Pres. Trump has any intentions of appointing himself Emperor, I’ll be the first to drive to D.C. with a load of tar and feathers.

The other things you mentioned, well, I’ve lived in the days when John Kennedy was chasing naked women around the White House swimming pool, the Bay of Pigs fiasco, the Nixon/Watergate scandal, Bill Clinton’s Oval Office scandal, and all other kinds of nefarious behavior from our elected officials. Somehow, we still stumble forward. So, in spite of our current President’s eccentric personality, I’m happy we finally have a Businessman in office rather than a Politician. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2