Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US strikes Iranian backed militia

DarkHunter

On friday 32 rockets were fired at the K-1 military base in Kirkuk, Iraq killing 1 American contractor and wounding 4 American soldiers.  The vehicle that launched the rockets was found with 4 107mm rockets having failed to launch.  The 4 rockets found were of clear Iranian make and were identical to rockets Iran has shipped to its proxies throughout the region.

America is blaming Kataib Hezbollah, an Iranian back militia, for the attack on the military base and have so far bombed 5 military sites of the militia throughout Iraq and Syria, one of which was the headquarters of Kataib Hezbollah.  So far 3 confirmed killed and 12 wounded with one of the killed being a senior commander of the militia.  All US military bases in Iraq have been put on high alert.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Didn't someone have a campaign promise to get the U.S. out of the middle east or did I dream that?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Didn't someone have a campaign promise to get the U.S. out of the middle east or did I dream that?

It has been the campaigne promise for the last 12 years :(

• Thanks 7

Tucking tail and running after taking casualties sends a signal that will only get more killed, later.  Iran needs to be hit hard, where it hurts the most.  A decapitation strike against the oldest graybeard nutter might solve some problems or at least bring some measure of justice.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, and then said:

Tucking tail and running after taking casualties sends a signal that will only get more killed, later.  Iran needs to be hit hard, where it hurts the most.  A decapitation strike against the oldest graybeard nutter might solve some problems or at least bring some measure of justice.

W started this.  but...like his late daddy...wasn't man enough to talk the talk and walk the walk...otherwise we would have ousted by force the Iranian Government while we had 100,000 troops on the ground.  why didn't we?  Russia.   Why else?

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

On friday 32 rockets were fired at the K-1 military base in Kirkuk, Iraq killing 1 American contractor and wounding 4 American soldiers.  The vehicle that launched the rockets was found with 4 107mm rockets having failed to launch.  The 4 rockets found were of clear Iranian make and were identical to rockets Iran has shipped to its proxies throughout the region.

America is blaming Kataib Hezbollah, an Iranian back militia, for the attack on the military base and have so far bombed 5 military sites of the militia throughout Iraq and Syria, one of which was the headquarters of Kataib Hezbollah.  So far 3 confirmed killed and 12 wounded with one of the killed being a senior commander of the militia.  All US military bases in Iraq have been put on high alert.

This situation with Iran is escalating, its only a matter of time before the US will be in a shooting war with Iran. Now I am certain we will win any conflict against them. But at what cost, Iran is currently supported by both Russia and China, in fact they are the process of conducting Naval Exercises in the Gulf of Oman. I am glad that the US finally retaliated for death of US personnel in Iraq. But I don't think this was enough to once and for all make our point clear. In my opinion since Kataib Hezbollah is an arm of the Iranian Military I think we should hit targets in Iran itself, let's just get it over with.

These people can't be dealt with in a logical manner, so I think the best next thing is to make them fear us. We should attack Military targets only in areas where there is very very limited collateral damage. I know my opinions on this subject are nit popular, but they are my opinions only I am not trying to force them on anybody else.

peace

Here a link concerning the US Attack.

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Report-US-forces-launch-attack-on-Kataib-Hezbollah-base-in-Iraq-612478

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Yes but do campaign promises really mean, Dudally Squat. Remember Mexico was suppose to pay for the wall, just more of the same.

Peace

48 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

This situation with Iran is escalating, its only a matter of time before the US will be in a shooting war with Iran. Now I am certain we will win any conflict against them. But at what cost, Iran is currently supported by both Russia and China, in fact they are the process of conducting Naval Exercises in the Gulf of Oman. I am glad that the US finally retaliated for death of US personnel in Iraq. But I don't think this was enough to once and for all make our point clear. In my opinion since Kataib Hezbollah is an arm of the Iranian Military I think we should hit targets in Iran itself, let's just get it over with.

These people can't be dealt with in a logical manner, so I think the best next thing is to make them fear us. We should attack Military targets only in areas where there is very very limited collateral damage. I know my opinions on this subject are nit popular, but they are my opinions only I am not trying to force them on anybody else.

peace

Here a link concerning the US Attack.

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Report-US-forces-launch-attack-on-Kataib-Hezbollah-base-in-Iraq-612478

No one has touched Iran since they took our hostages in the 70s.  There is a reason for that.  Russia.  No American President ...Trump included is going to fire a single rocket into Iran.  It isn't going to happen.  There will not be a war with Iran...ever...because doing so means war with Russia...it ain't going to happen.

• Like 1

Some reports that the American military base at Taji, Iraq is under rocket attack.  At least 4 rockets have been fired at the base but some unclear reports that there might be a lot more currently being launched at the military base but nothing concrete yet.

Some reports that the American embassy in Baghdad is full of military personnel and all civilian staff are being evacuated.  

For the earlier US strike atleast 15 now confirmed killed with dozens reported as wounded.  The commander killed was Abu Ali Khazali, seems that he was close to Solleimani.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, joc said:

No one has touched Iran since they took our hostages in the 70s.  There is a reason for that.  Russia.  No American President ...Trump included is going to fire a single rocket into Iran.  It isn't going to happen.  There will not be a war with Iran...ever...because doing so means war with Russia...it ain't going to happen.

And maybe China. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

Yes but do campaign promises really mean, Dudally Squat. Remember Mexico was suppose to pay for the wall, just more of the same.

Peace

Just sayin'.  Pointing out they don't mean diddly squat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some corrections to earlier information.

The commander killed was not Abu Ali Khazali but instead Morteza Jabbar Qaylan Salman Al-Khazali.  

As for the military base at Taji, no one seems to know what is going on there.  Iraqi security forces along with US defense officials are denying any attack took place or is currently taking place but attack sirens were going off in the base while some sources are still saying 4 rockets hit the base.

Kataib Hezbollah has issued a statement saying they are prepared to demolish all US military bases in Iraq and are only waiting for the green light to begin.  Other sources are reporting that they are fully mobilizing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Now reports are coming out that among the dead are 3 Iranian officers.

Latest death toll is 25 dead, 35 wounded

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, joc said:

Israel regularly kills Iranian operators and trainers in Syria and now, Iraq.  They also destroy logistics and fuel dumps.  They made it clear to Russia where the lines were and Putin knows his bluff of using nukes only goes so far before no one will believe him.  The act of hitting Iran can increasingly be done OUTSIDE of Iran because that's where their forces are.  So long as Iran's Khamenei and his chief warlord Solemani are kept in check INSIDE Iranian territory, that will be sufficient.  Sooner or later, the Iranians themselves will take the country back.  We could help in that case as well.

This report is from a military blog I follow.  He's usually accurate so we'll see how involved this whole mess is, soon.  If Russia is using Mercs to fight Turkish soldiers, it's bound to make the news here at some point.:

"On the front lines in the outskirts of Tripoli there are Turkish soldiers (supporting the GNA) in urban combat against Russian mercenaries of the ChVK Wagner Group (supporting the LNA). The Russians are the spearhead of the LNA offensive. 

The fighting has escalated in Tripoli and Misrata with the news that new deployments of Turkish Army troops, Turkomen militia from northwestern Syria, and ships of the Turkish Navy are enroute to join the battle. There they will oppose the Haftar-led LNA that has been buttressed by more Russian mercenaries, counter-drone technology, Egyptian armor and UAE UCAV aircraft. The Turkish military deployments are in response to the slow but steady advance of LNA forces westward." 

• Thanks 1

So far it seems only Al-Arabiya is reporting on this so should be taken for whatever worth one wants to assign to it but they are reporting 25 members of Kataib Hezbollah and 41 Iranians killed in the 5 airstrikes.  

Also a press pool has been called into Mar a Lago where Trump is currently at and where the Secretary of State and Secretary of Defense have flown to earlier today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

So far it seems only Al-Arabiya is reporting on this so should be taken for whatever worth one wants to assign to it but they are reporting 25 members of Kataib Hezbollah and 41 Iranians killed in the 5 airstrikes.  

Also a press pool has been called into Mar a Lago where Trump is currently at and where the Secretary of State and Secretary of Defense have flown to earlier today.

If accurate, I hope the Iranian casualties are volunteer, IRGC and not conscripted troops.  I draw a distinction between the two.  Iranian civilians or conscripts are not the problem.  It's the volunteer goons in the Basij and the IRGC that are the evil to be bled.

7 hours ago, joc said:

That's a strong opinion, but that is all it really is and nothing more. Wil Russia go to War over and attack on Iran, doubtful they would have as much or more to loose than we would. If it were Saudi Arabi or another insignificant military force maybe. I don't know how much you know about Russia's Navy, but it is insignificant in comparison to ours. Even combined with Irans Navy which is a joke they would be no match. 

If we go to War with Iran it will  start as an attack from our Navel Forces, Drones, and our Airforce. I seriously doubt it will ever come to Ground Troops before the Conflict ends. If Russia gets involved so will Israel, which combined with our Military might will make them think twice before proceeding past the opening phase. With Air attacks and Drone attacks by Israel along with our forces we would hand them their ass. Oh and don't forget Israel would love nothing more than shutting Iran up once and fir all. The only reason they haven't attacked Iran on a serious note is because we have stopped them from doing so.

The reason we haven't gone after Iran in the past, is because there wasn't a need to do so. But now, with the Iranians are Highjacking and attacking shipping in the Strait of Hormuz, and with their Military Arm attacking and killing Americans, don't bet your farm on your opinion. The only reason you could be right is because Putin is Trumps Kryptonite, I don't know why Trump won't standup to him, but so far Trump is Putins Bouch. Only time will tell who is right and who wrong, we both have strong opinions about this subject, so I think it bestow agree to disagree on this subject.

Peace.

7 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Just sayin'.  Pointing out they don't mean diddly squat.

I love that old Redneck term Diddly Squat or Doodley-Squat  whichever I think it's cool.

peace

• Like 1

10 hours ago, and then said:

Tucking tail and running after taking casualties sends a signal that will only get more killed, later.

He says in order to blow past the whole "getting troops out of the middle east was a campaign promise" thing :lol:

• Like 1

Reports of US aircraft over Qaim, one of the five sites bombed last night, and Dier ez Zor.  Some reports of explosions at Qaim and some sources reporting America bombing the remaining Kataib Hezbollah positions in Iraq and Syria but nothing concrete yet.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

I think America will always in the  wars of the middle east and can get the hell out  of it .

I agree, because those wars are religiously inspired and the Islamists don't take NO for an answer.  They only respond to surrender or utter defeat.  

2 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

I think America will always in the  wars of the middle east and can get the hell out  of it .

Seeing as it keeps creating them, you're probably right. 

On 12/30/2019 at 4:30 AM, joc said:

Like I said to you before your opinion and my opinion are both truely meaningless. The only opinion that matters on this subject is Times. Time will tell which of us is correct, and bekeive  it or not, I hope your right, but I think we will know the answer very soon. 

Peace