Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Another Texas Church shooting

and-then

33 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

That's supposed to apply to an 'organised militia' though isn't it? I don't agree that's 'everyone' is organised militia.

The general idea is that we have the right to organize ourselves into militias to protect ourselves.   In order to be able to organize ourselves into militias to protect ourselves, it is necessary that everyone have that right, not just the elite, but everyone.  So, it follows that everyone has the right to bear arms.  How can you organize a militia if no one has a weapon to fight?  It was a protection for the people against Tyranny.   A lot of people think that is outdated and should be abandoned.  But there is a huge argument against abandoning the second amendment.

That argument in a nutshell is this:   We are talking about the Constitution!  If you allow the second amendment to be abandon, what happens to the first amendment?  Freedom of speech?  We also see alot of people thinking that free speech is a bad idea because it alienates those in society who don't have much of a voice...i.e. .minorities, etc.  It is a very slippery slope once you start dicking around with the Constitution.   

The problem isn't really guns by the way.  The problem is a lax judiciary that doesn't address the 'punishment' of the actual perpetrators with harsh measures.  The problem is also that Hollywood promotes violence and especially gun violence in the most gruesome and demeaning ways...for profit.  And the problem is also that we have a population that has been 'groomed' for decades to emulate Hollywood.

As a nation we have been floundering around all over the place with no real leadership.  Now we have it...and see what real leadership looks like...and a lot of us don't seem to like it...I see this not as a fault of the leadership...but as a result of the 'grooming' of the population by the left.

4 hours ago, Grey Area said:

What happens when there’s a fire?  Do you carry a bucket of water around with you everywhere, what happens if someone is trapped in a car crash, do you carry bolt cutters with you, or if someone has a heart attack do you get out your defibrillator?  Or do you call the emergency services?

Just to play devil's advocate:

We have fire extinguishers on every floor of our house. I have a tool in the console of my car that can break the car window in case of being trapped. While I don't carry bolt cutters around, my husband has some in the garage (along with every tool known to mankind, I swear). You can buy a defibrillator on-line, if I had a family member that had a heart rhythm issue I would certainly consider buying one. My husband has his CCW. I teach and practice martial arts and self defense several times a week.

It's called being prepared.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, skliss said:

Just to play devil's advocate:

We have fire extinguishers on every floor of our house. I have a tool in the console of my car that can break the car window in case of being trapped. While I don't carry bolt cutters around, my husband has some in the garage (along with every tool known to mankind, I swear). You can buy a defibrillator on-line, if I had a family member that had a heart rhythm issue I would certainly consider buying one. My husband has his CCW. I teach and practice martial arts and self defense several times a week.

It's called being prepared.

Ok ok you pass, Face and Murdoch will be over soon to initiate you.

4 hours ago, psyche101 said:

That's just sounds like staging a war. If the cartels have such an impact on IS citizens, then how is that different to any other war? Why isn't Trump eliminating the immediate threat to his people rather than egg them on into a war with each other by encouraging gun culture instead of taking the matter in hand? Shouldn't he be forcing talks with Obrador, and letting him know if he doesn't act on the threat to his people that Trump will? 

President Trump recently signed a new trade agreement between the US, Mexico and Canada (USMCA), so I’m guessing he’s going to soften his rhetoric toward Obrador and Trudeau for a while. 

The US and Mexico do have close ties when it comes to defeating the cartels, but their efforts are hampered by billions of dollars in drug money available for bribery, and their ability to easily intimidate politicians and police officials. The arrest and deportation of El Chapo was a nice victory over the Sinaloa Cartel, but it’s not likely to reduce the Cartel’s intimidating influence over the Mexican government. His son was recently arrested and then almost immediately released out of fear of retaliation. Here’s a quote that summarizes the link below:

“Mexico’s president, Andrés Manuel López Obrador, has insisted that his government was right to release one of the sons of imprisoned drug lord Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzmán, a day after his brief capture by the army sparked a wave of attacks by cartel gunmen who took soldiers hostage and paralyzed the northern city of Culiacán. “This decision was taken to protect citizens. You cannot fight fire with fire,” López Obrador said in his daily press conference on Friday morning. “We do not want deaths. We do not want war.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/oct/18/el-chapo-son-ovidio-guzman-lopez-release-amlo

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joaquín_"El_Chapo"_Guzmán

I personally believe we should imitate the Cartel’s intimidation tactics, especially after the assassination of Iranian General Soleimani. We could deliver an envelope to one of the Cartel’s lawyers containing photos of Osama bin Laden, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, General Soleimani and El Chapo, along with a note saying “We know where to find you”. 

Edited by simplybill

Meanwhile, over in another part of the world, a LEO managed to stop a knife attack with a gun, after the attacker killed nearly two people.

The way this played out seems quite ironic compared to the church shooting over here.

Edited by Gunn