Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

You don't have a soul

zep73

1 hour ago, larryp said:

^^^ Smoke and mirrors !!

Non answer. Your own criticisms against the Romans can be used against the Hebrews. 

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Non answer. Your own criticisms against the Romans can be used against the Hebrews. 

Judaism was an evolution of earlier beliefs, and it evolved within itself over time. Christianity was an evolution of Judaism, and it evolved within itself over time 

All true, but  so what?  Human relationships with god have always evolved, as the human societies who worshipped "god"  evolved.

Judaism had many unique features, and was the template for modern religions, and indeed for a new way of thinking about  gods, and a person's relationship with a god. 

The universal appeal of Christianity was due to the new/unique elements offered to its followers, and its explicit transformation into a belief system /theology attractive to ALL humans of the time,  rather than one group of them.  . 

1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

Judaism was an evolution of earlier beliefs, and it evolved within itself over time. Christianity was an evolution of Judaism, and it evolved within itself over time 

No ****. Thats my point. 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

No ****. Thats my point. 

True but you use this to delegitimise all the evolutions of that god. One could argue that, while it evolved, it remained the same god.

It was only human culture and perception of that god which changed.   Judaism was influenced by Babylonian and Egyptian religions.

Christianity was heavily influenced by Judaism

Those are forms of worship This does not preclude one "god form"  being the source of all of them, including the Babylonian and Egyptian   

17 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

True but you use this to delegitimise all the evolutions of that god. One could argue that, while it evolved, it remained the same god.

It was only human culture and perception of that god which changed.   Judaism was influenced by Babylonian and Egyptian religions.

Christianity was heavily influenced by Judaism

Those are forms of worship This does not preclude one "god form"  being the source of all of them, including the Babylonian and Egyptian   

I will always do everything in my power to deligitimize any and all gods. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

The other way. Judaism wasn't first. Their god isn't even original. He's a storm god stolen from another culture. 

YHWH 

His name is mentioned 7 thousand times in the Scriptures. It means He causes to become. This can be proven by way of history, archeology, historians, and the Scriptures.

The only thing you have is your silly "millions and millions of years fantasy club. LoL  Give it a rest!!

Edited by larryp

18 minutes ago, larryp said:

YHWH 

His name is mentioned 7 thousand times in the Scriptures. It means He causes to become. This can be proven by way of history, archeology, historians, and the Scriptures.

The only thing you have is your silly "millions and millions of years fantasy club. LoL  Give it a rest!!

So you're that guy that just ignores everything except a bronze age belief from a bunch of desert nomads. No point in any further discussion because you don't want one.I suppose ignorance is bliss, after all.

• Like 3

On 6/21/2020 at 2:24 PM, XenoFish said:

Let's face it, if there is a god, it can create a universe. Why in the hell should be think we're the only one and we matter at all. On a cosmic scale we are just a half second blip. All you're doing is inflating your self-importance and ego.

This is what YHWH says:

“The heavens are my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Isaiah 66:1 You want me to explain that to you? 

You talk a lot, but you don't say much!!

1 hour ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

So you're that guy that just ignores everything except a bronze age belief from a bunch of desert nomads. No point in any further discussion because you don't want one.I suppose ignorance is bliss, after all.

No, I'm the guy that ignores bull **** because it stinks!!

Ultimately it’s irrelevant what Yahweh’s etymology was IN HEBREW since He wasn’t Hebrew to begin with but Midianite and a member of their pantheon. 

cormac

• Like 3

3 hours ago, larryp said:

No, I'm the guy that ignores bull **** because it stinks!!

Yet you create the most of it. So how does that work exactly?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Normally it depends on the consistency and firmness, but in the case you're referring to...

Mud Pie Kitchen Fun with Kids - Preschool Activity – My Merry Messy Life

... it's not 'working' very well at all.

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I will always do everything in my power to deligitimize any and all gods. 

Of course.  As long as you are open about this, and people realise it is your life's work, that's ok :) 

However recognising the  evolution of gods, and religions; and the social, scientific understandings, and economic changes which promote those evolutions, does not  illustrate that gods do not exist. It just shows that different  stages of humanity have different needs, and thus adapt their perceptions and constructs of gods to best suit themselves and their cultures.

Edited by Mr Walker

12 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Of course.  As long as you are open about this, and people realise it is your life's work, that's ok :) 

However recognising the  evolution of gods, and religions; and the social, scientific understandings, and economic changes which promote those evolutions, does not  illustrate that gods do not exist. It just shows that different  stages of humanity have different needs, and thus adapt their perceptions and constructs of gods to best suit themselves and their cultures.

You have completely missed my point. I wasn't arguing against the existence of their god. Their deities non-existence is a given. The poster rejected the Roman changes to their chosen fairy tale but refuse to see that the Hebrews did the same thing. It is the posters position that the Hebrew beliefs have in no way been modified and are the starting point of their fairy tale. This is demonstratively false. However, said poster does not believe in established fact and isn;t interested in discussion on that matter. 

18 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

You have completely missed my point. I wasn't arguing against the existence of their god. Their deities non-existence is a given. The poster rejected the Roman changes to their chosen fairy tale but refuse to see that the Hebrews did the same thing. It is the posters position that the Hebrew beliefs have in no way been modified and are the starting point of their fairy tale. This is demonstratively false. However, said poster does not believe in established fact and isn;t interested in discussion on that matter. 

That was the obvious point.

You were correct on that. However i still feel you were using the argument to show that ALL gods are either individual or societal human constructs  And it doesn't do that. (You believe it is a given That is one logical belief even if non provable and (in my experience) wrong).  (if you can call the cosmic/universal  consciousness, god)  

It just shows that  any genuine individual and social contact with gods  would be  perceived through the lens of their time and place,  just as mental constructs of imaginary gods change 

Is the poster jewish?  I can understand a traditional jew rejecting christian evolution of their beliefs.

However, all the regions of the book are  examples of evolution of belief .

Protestantism is an evolution of Catholicism. Modern  versions of Christianity are adaptations for modern times and people of older Christianity 

We have the social gospel, and even the revolutionary gospel from the 70s  

Edited by Mr Walker

2 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

That was the obvious point.

You were correct on that.

This is the only relevant thing you posted

2 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

However i still feel you were using the argument to show that ALL gods are either individual or societal human constructs  And it doesn't do that. (You believe it is a given That is one logical belief even if non provable and (in my experience) wrong).  (if you can call the cosmic/universal  consciousness, god)  

It just shows that  any genuine individual and social contact with gods  would be  perceived through the lens of their time and place,  just as mental constructs of imaginary gods change 

Is the poster jewish?  I can understand a traditional jew rejecting christian evolution of their beliefs.

However, all the regions of the book are  examples of evolution of belief .

Protestantism is an evolution of Catholicism. Modern  versions of Christianity are adaptations for modern times and people of older Christianity 

We have the social gospel, and even the revolutionary gospel from the 70s  

This has nothing to do with what o was talking about, nor is is something i am going to bother continuing to talk about.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

Ultimately it’s irrelevant what Yahweh’s etymology was IN HEBREW since He wasn’t Hebrew to begin with but Midianite and a member of their pantheon. 

cormac

Smoke and mirrors !!

4 hours ago, XenoFish said:

one man's BS is another man's (or woman's of course) custard. Metaphorically many in here taste BS constantly but personally I've never physically tasted it.. Maybe it tastes like chicken:)

I have a Sole. I intend to eat it later  with lemon, parmesan and cream !!!