Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

You don't have a soul

zep73

On 8/29/2020 at 11:50 PM, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Non answer. Your own criticisms against the Romans can be used against the Hebrews. 

What do you mean by that?

• 4 months later...
Just now, Base12 said:

According to the Christian Bible, the Soul is comprised of its Genetic Code.

Just as every Genetic Code is unique, so too the Soul.

You're welcome.

What page is that on? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

17 hours ago, Base12 said:

According to the Christian Bible, the Soul is comprised of its Genetic Code.

Just as every Genetic Code is unique, so too the Soul.

Yes, @Base12, please provide the references for that.

The Bible is, after all, extremely easy to reference, right across all editions. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Base12 said:

What the hell is that supposed to be?

• Haha 2

So, cutting to the chase, @Base12, the Bible doesn't actually say any of that, but you do. 'Cause you've read the Bible, and this is what you've made of it.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Then whats the point of being alive here then? There is proof of reincarnation, so it suggests that there is a soul. Why is it so hard to believe that people have souls? Do you feel afraid like you're going to be duped after you die? There is no harm in believing you have a soul, that it can be reborn into another life after this one ends. 

1 hour ago, Umipear said:

There is proof of reincarnation

Please support what you are claiming - post a reference to the best proof you have seen. (Note that if you post a list of examples, we will assume the top item is the best...)   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Umipear said:

Then whats the point of being alive here then? There is proof of reincarnation, so it suggests that there is a soul. Why is it so hard to believe that people have souls? Do you feel afraid like you're going to be duped after you die? There is no harm in believing you have a soul, that it can be reborn into another life after this one ends. 

You think the pont of life is to be reborn?

36 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

But only if you're a ginger. 

I trust you are aware of this comedic masterpiece....  I'll just link to it, as it is not suitable for work (profanities and .. er.. 'adult themes' :) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVN_0qvuhhw

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

The point of life is existing. We didn't just pop into life only to live a short time like one lifetime. The soul allows you to exist basically forever, and allows you to live multiple lifetimes, to gain experience, understanding, knowledge, and to evolve. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Doesn't Buddhism say so? Christianity says you only live once. I mean, I don't know...

Just now, Umipear said:

The point of life is existing. We didn't just pop into life only to live a short time like one lifetime. The soul allows you to exist basically forever, and allows you to live multiple lifetimes, to gain experience, understanding, knowledge, and to evolve. 

Nonsense.

We have been greatly privileged to exist at a time when we can understand our position in the universe. 

Souls are man made ideas. Living for another life isn't living. It's existing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hyperionxvii said:

Doesn't Buddhism say so? Christianity says you only live once. I mean, I don't know...

I don't take any stock in what people say. Only in what nature teaches us. It's saying this is it. 

Life's a song that plays once through, so keep your best days in your front view. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Umipear said:

As I said, bring your best...

This Carol Bowman?

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4612

To be specific and I quote:

All of the evidence is purely anecdotal, and is practically the gold standard of confirmation bias and observational selection. The story as the public knows it was written by the parents themselves

And so it is with all these claims - it's a load of unsupported, unscientifically cherry picked anecdotes and claims.  And that was the best...? :td::td:

How can I put this succinctly?   ....   If reincarnation was real, it would be easily proven.  It's not.  The stories are made up.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Nonsense.

We have been greatly privileged to exist at a time when we can understand our position in the universe. 

Souls are man made ideas. Living for another life isn't living. It's existing. 

Existing and living is the same thing to me. 

No body said anyone should live for another life, you have this lifetime to concentrate on. As I said to experience this life now, grow, learn, evolve. But it isn't the end. Maybe it works for you to have the belief that we only get one life. To each his own. 

2 minutes ago, Umipear said:

Existing and living is the same thing to me. 

Existing is just being passive in life. Living is doing something in life. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

As a ginger I can confirm this.

I just hope that at least you're a Welsh ginger. Non-Welsh gingers who, especially the ones who don't own a goat are the worst and definitely don't have a soul. As a Welsh, I only have a little red in my hair, and so I don't even need to own a goat to still have a soul. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Hyperionxvii said:

I just hope that at least you're a Welsh ginger. Non-Welsh gingers who, especially the ones who don't own a goat are the worst and definitely don't have a soul. As a Welsh, I only have a little red in my hair, and so I don't even need to own a goat to still have a soul. 

Well that's enough weird for the day. Moving on.....

• Haha 1