Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

You don't have a soul

zep73

Just now, psyche101 said:

Why do you ever think I'm interested in your ridiculous views? I have zero interest in your thoughts or ideas. Pretty sure I've mentioned that before. 

He does it to me, too, even though I've been blatantly ignoring him.

• Like 2

Just now, Nuclear Wessel said:

Like a JW isn't he. 

Just won't take the hint. Or even direct communication.

• Like 2

Just now, psyche101 said:

Like a JW isn't he. 

Just won't take the hint. Or even direct communication.

Like a crazy ex-girlfriend who can't handle rejection.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 2/20/2021 at 6:06 AM, Umipear said:

Can you prove to me that the soul is not there

Just a final word here...  If the soul means the essence and personality and empathy and intuition and caring and loving and intelligence and understanding of a person, then I don't think a single person here doubts the existence of the soul.

It's 100% real. 

..but it's not transferable.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Just a final word here...  If the soul means the essence and personality and empathy and intuition and caring and loving and intelligence and understanding of a person, then I don't think a single person here doubts the existence of the soul.

It's 100% real. 

..but it's not transferable.

absolutely 

Until we learn how to transfer our consciousness ; then our old soul will transfer to a new host :) 

Soul is an evolved artefact of our self  aware consciousness. It grows with us, and dies with us.  

3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Why do you ever think I'm interested in your ridiculous views? I have zero interest in your thoughts or ideas. Pretty sure I've mentioned that before. 

I ignore most of your posts, but when you  write something which is untrue, I feel the need to correct it :)  I don't give damn about how you feel about me, but i don't like you  misleading others.  Physics has NEVER proven  that life after death is impossible, for example.  You chose to believe that generalisation, based on one physicist's findings, on  one specific  form of life after death  

And you are a typical person who has such fixed beliefs that they refuse to hear anything which challenges those beliefs.
THAT'S why you don't like my views, thoughts and ideas.

They challenge the comfort zone you have constructed, through your own beliefs and views.  

3 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I respond to posts to give  a response to the general audience  not just the specific poster  .

You can ignore me if you  like.

That just cuts you off from  different views etc.

I choose usually to respond to your views and posts, to further debate, and to present alternate pov and arguments .

27 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

I ignore most of your posts, but when you  write something which is untrue, I feel the need to correct it :)  I don't give damn about how you feel about me, but i don't like you  misleading others.  Physics has NEVER proven  that life after death is impossible, for example.  You chose to believe that generalisation, based on one physicist's findings, on  one specific  form of life after death  

And you are a typical person who has such fixed beliefs that they refuse to hear anything which challenges those beliefs.
THAT'S why you don't like my views, thoughts and ideas.

They challenge the comfort zone you have constructed, through your own beliefs and views.  

I'm the one making quotes. As such, you mislead nobody until you start posting your fantasies. Leave me alone. I don't like you. I have no interest in discussing anything with you. Your fantasies bore me to death and you are dishonest. It's why I hardly post here anymore. I can't stand seeing your rubbish posting. I would suggest that you have driven more valuable posters from this section than any other poster. Possibly more than ten other posters.

If I want to discuss the subject I will. With anyone but you. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Like a crazy ex-girlfriend who can't handle rejection.

Sooo right that's it's actually not funny anymore......

It's creepy and weird. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

I respond to posts to give  a response to the general audience  not just the specific poster  .

You can ignore me if you  like.

That just cuts you off from  different views etc.

I choose usually to respond to your views and posts, to further debate, and to present alternate pov and arguments .

I don't like you and your views don't interest me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, psyche101 said:

I'm the one making quotes. As such, you mislead nobody until you start posting your fantasies. Leave me alone. I don't like you. I have no interest in discussing anything with you. Your fantasies bore me to death and you are dishonest. It's why I hardly post here anymore. I can't stand seeing your rubbish posting. I would suggest that you have driven more valuable posters from this section than any other poster. Possibly more than ten other posters.

It's interesting to me that he claimed the following:

" And you are a typical person who has such fixed beliefs that they refuse to hear anything which challenges those beliefs."

I have personally beared witness to you giving props to those who have "challenged" your own claims/beliefs--notably when @eight bits offers a good counter-point/alternative perspective.

I see no evidence of the claims that Mr Walker makes in this regard.

And yes, many other valuable posters have left because of his pollution. It's extremely sad. In fact, such pollution is why I have expanded into other sections of this site.

Even when he is on ignore I can't escape it because other users take the bait.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

It's interesting to me that he claimed the following:

" And you are a typical person who has such fixed beliefs that they refuse to hear anything which challenges those beliefs."

I have personally beared witness to you giving props to those who have "challenged" your own claims/beliefs--notably when @eight bits offers a good counter-point/alternative perspective.

I see no evidence of the claims that Mr Walker makes in this regard.

Indeed, it's a passive aggressive approach to goad one into responding to his nonsense. Going by the number of posts it works too often. I personally find it an insulting approach. 

He acts as though mentally superior, yet reminds me a an old man in the park in soiled pants wearing a sandwich board.

8 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

And yes, many other valuable posters have left because of his pollution. It's extremely sad. In fact, such pollution is why I have expanded into other sections of this site.

Even when he is on ignore I can't escape it because other users take the bait.

Without doubt. He is a menace. This forum will have to change names to the Spirituality, Skepticism and Walker section. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I don't like you and your views don't interest me.

lol and which comes first. ? 

I don't like or dislike any one here, although some annoy me at times, and I strongly disagree with the way some people  see themselves and their world.

I don't KNOW any of you, or have any emotional investment /attachment to you, other than that I have to all humanity.

You don't know me either, so it is illogical to dislike me, but disliking my ideas, values, opinions, etc is understandable 

People tend to "dislike"  those who  challenge their own beliefs/world views,   and thus their comfort in the familiar  .

That gives them an excuse to ignore the wisdoms, experience, advice or knowledge of those people. :)  

Statistically these sections are stacked by disbelievers, cynics and materialists. (although admittedly just recently there have been a few voluble believers. )

if you count up the posters who have left, ,a big majority have been the believers or open minded, sick of personal attacks on them

Edited by Mr Walker

20 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Those are all problems of your own, and you need to own them, rather than blame me.

See my post above.

What you call fantasies you dont have to listen to, but you also ignore science, despite claiming you only stick to it 

And, in reality, most of the  posters who have been driven from  here have been believers or open minded,  driven away by the outright hostility and personal attacks on them.

I am too stubborn to be driven away and wont be bullied .

3 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Those are all problems of your own, and you need to own them, rather than blame me.

See my post above.

What you call fantasies you dont have to listen to, but you also ignore science, despite claiming you only stick to it 

And, in reality, most of the  posters who have been driven from  here have been believers or open minded,  driven away by the outright hostility and personal attacks on them.

FFS. What is wrong with you? 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYdrZf0MtUucj52mlJAKn

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

are these posters weak in your opinion?

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

FFS. What is wrong with you? 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYdrZf0MtUucj52mlJAKn

Nothing at all.

However i suspect you have a number of issues you need to resolve. 

I am not the one whinging and complaining.  

I  am not threatened by your posts or views.

You've got some weird ones, and you have a very narrow, materialist pov., limited to provable things in the here and now,  but once I know that I can  accept it 

I am creative  and imaginative as well as practical. You are not.

I accept many possibilities within human science   You do not .

I only put you on ignore because I do so with any poster who stops arguing content and starts making personal attacks .  

I will argue any pov, but do my best not to  trade  insults. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

are these posters weak in your opinion?

How would I  know? 

And what do you mean by "weak"? 

If a person is being bullied, insulted or attacked,  it is not always weakness to walk away from  it,  especially if the system is not preventing the bullying.

It can take  strength of character. 

They aren't as stubborn as me. :) 

I've had PMs from  at least 4 of them, explaining  why they left 

I imagine that to an atheist someone like crazy horse, or even me, :)  can be challenging and frustrating   but that is part of a dialogue with different  people .

If i wasn't disciplined of mind I would get frustred by people  who really know or understand only a limited experience of the world  and claim things like gods and ghosts just don't exist, or that mind reading is impossible, or that t life after death is physically impossible, or that humans will never circumvent the speed of light,   or use teleportation. 

Edited by Mr Walker

1 minute ago, Mr Walker said:

How would I  know?

for a fact you wouldn't know, would you!? i'll rephrase the question:

do you <feel> these posters are weak? stubborn?? what does that word mean in this context?

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

for a fact you wouldn't know, would you!? i'll rephrase the question:

do you <feel> these posters are weak? stubborn?? what does that word mean in this context?

i must not have finished the post when you replied. I gave a comprehensive answer in the completed post.   

stubborn ?

Not easily dissuaded from  a course of action or belief. 

45 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

See my post above.

Gaslight some more.

You are a narcissist. 

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

i must not have finished the post when you replied. I gave a comprehensive answer in the completed post.   

stubborn ?

Not easily dissuaded from  a course of action or belief. 

you didn't answer a simple question- here it is again:

do you <feel> these posters are weak? 

no grey areas- it's either yes or no...

but technically you did answer the question, just like if I asked what's the capital of Paris & someone replied= bambigdinbefnab.

Walker, say something interesting- impress me

Folks, just stop biting... please?  I have Walker on ignore and yet am still bombarded with stupid, utterly pointless meta-discussions and people quoting his made up dreck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Folks, just stop biting... please?  I have Walker on ignore and yet am still bombarded with stupid, utterly pointless meta-discussions and people quoting his made up dreck.

Dude, I have him on ignore.

I still see his ****ing delusional drivel EVERYWHERE. I am SICK of it. 

• Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

i'll bite as much as i want mate!!! i find it funny... if you don't like it then don't fekin reply!! don't tell me & others what to do like you know best.. how disrespectful! 

• Haha 1