Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
zep73

You don't have a soul

965 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

larryp
On 8/29/2020 at 11:50 PM, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Non answer. Your own criticisms against the Romans can be used against the Hebrews. 

What do you mean by that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Base12

According to the Christian Bible, the Soul is comprised of its Genetic Code.

Just as every Genetic Code is unique, so too the Soul.

You're welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
Just now, Base12 said:

According to the Christian Bible, the Soul is comprised of its Genetic Code.

Just as every Genetic Code is unique, so too the Soul.

You're welcome.

What page is that on? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nuclear Wessel
38 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

What page is that on? 

Yes, give us the page number

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrLzs
17 hours ago, Base12 said:

According to the Christian Bible, the Soul is comprised of its Genetic Code.

Just as every Genetic Code is unique, so too the Soul.

Yes, @Base12, please provide the references for that.

The Bible is, after all, extremely easy to reference, right across all editions. 

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Base12
On 2/10/2021 at 5:19 PM, ChrLzs said:

Yes, @Base12, please provide the references for that.

The Bible is, after all, extremely easy to reference, right across all editions. 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
4 hours ago, Base12 said:

 

What the hell is that supposed to be?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eight bits

So, cutting to the chase, @Base12, the Bible doesn't actually say any of that, but you do. 'Cause you've read the Bible, and this is what you've made of it.

 

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Umipear

Then whats the point of being alive here then? There is proof of reincarnation, so it suggests that there is a soul. Why is it so hard to believe that people have souls? Do you feel afraid like you're going to be duped after you die? There is no harm in believing you have a soul, that it can be reborn into another life after this one ends. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrLzs
1 hour ago, Umipear said:

There is proof of reincarnation

Please support what you are claiming - post a reference to the best proof you have seen. (Note that if you post a list of examples, we will assume the top item is the best...)   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hyperionxvii

"You don't have a soul"

But only if you're a ginger. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
2 hours ago, Umipear said:

Then whats the point of being alive here then? There is proof of reincarnation, so it suggests that there is a soul. Why is it so hard to believe that people have souls? Do you feel afraid like you're going to be duped after you die? There is no harm in believing you have a soul, that it can be reborn into another life after this one ends. 

You think the pont of life is to be reborn?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrLzs
36 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

But only if you're a ginger. 

I trust you are aware of this comedic masterpiece....  I'll just link to it, as it is not suitable for work (profanities and .. er.. 'adult themes' :) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVN_0qvuhhw

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Umipear
1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

You think the pont of life is to be reborn?

 

The point of life is existing. We didn't just pop into life only to live a short time like one lifetime. The soul allows you to exist basically forever, and allows you to live multiple lifetimes, to gain experience, understanding, knowledge, and to evolve. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hyperionxvii
4 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

You think the pont of life is to be reborn?

Doesn't Buddhism say so? Christianity says you only live once. I mean, I don't know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
Just now, Umipear said:

The point of life is existing. We didn't just pop into life only to live a short time like one lifetime. The soul allows you to exist basically forever, and allows you to live multiple lifetimes, to gain experience, understanding, knowledge, and to evolve. 

Nonsense.

We have been greatly privileged to exist at a time when we can understand our position in the universe. 

Souls are man made ideas. Living for another life isn't living. It's existing. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
1 minute ago, Hyperionxvii said:

Doesn't Buddhism say so? Christianity says you only live once. I mean, I don't know...

I don't take any stock in what people say. Only in what nature teaches us. It's saying this is it. 

Life's a song that plays once through, so keep your best days in your front view. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrLzs
16 minutes ago, Umipear said:

As I said, bring your best...

This Carol Bowman?

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4612

To be specific and I quote:

Quote

All of the evidence is purely anecdotal, and is practically the gold standard of confirmation bias and observational selection. The story as the public knows it was written by the parents themselves

And so it is with all these claims - it's a load of unsupported, unscientifically cherry picked anecdotes and claims.  And that was the best...? :td::td:

How can I put this succinctly?   ....   If reincarnation was real, it would be easily proven.  It's not.  The stories are made up.

 

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Umipear
16 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Nonsense.

We have been greatly privileged to exist at a time when we can understand our position in the universe. 

Souls are man made ideas. Living for another life isn't living. It's existing. 

Existing and living is the same thing to me. 

No body said anyone should live for another life, you have this lifetime to concentrate on. As I said to experience this life now, grow, learn, evolve. But it isn't the end. Maybe it works for you to have the belief that we only get one life. To each his own. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xeno-Fish
1 hour ago, Hyperionxvii said:

"You don't have a soul"

But only if you're a ginger. 

As a ginger I can confirm this.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xeno-Fish
2 minutes ago, Umipear said:

Existing and living is the same thing to me. 

Existing is just being passive in life. Living is doing something in life. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hyperionxvii
2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

As a ginger I can confirm this.

I just hope that at least you're a Welsh ginger. Non-Welsh gingers who, especially the ones who don't own a goat are the worst and definitely don't have a soul. As a Welsh, I only have a little red in my hair, and so I don't even need to own a goat to still have a soul. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xeno-Fish
1 minute ago, Hyperionxvii said:

I just hope that at least you're a Welsh ginger. Non-Welsh gingers who, especially the ones who don't own a goat are the worst and definitely don't have a soul. As a Welsh, I only have a little red in my hair, and so I don't even need to own a goat to still have a soul. 

Well that's enough weird for the day. Moving on.....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.