Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Uhhh so I'm seeing Auras! Help!

InkNote

Ever since I was a little kid (3-5) I would see people who weren't actually there usually in public places but sometimes at my house. Most of them would have white or blue auras but some had red or grey. My mom is a spiritual person and believed that I was either seeing harmless souls/ghosts or angels. To clarify I'd never see the same "person" twice and I never had imaginary friends.  

Eventually I stopped seeing them at around five years old but then I started seeing shadow people at the age of around 7-12  one was of my science teacher at the time in school, another lived in my house and one followed me in my dreams. During this time my family was going through a rough time since my dad was and still is an abusive alcoholic. (My mom divorced him when I just turned 11) I still see them occasionally  (2 times in the last 3 years)

I never really thought much about it until recently. It was just something that happened from time to time throughout my life. So fastfoward to today I went on a road trip with my family. 3 hours to our destination and back. On the way there I noticed a tree far away in a clearing close to a group of trees. I was drawn to this tree and it made me feel intrigued and emotionally attached despite it looking like any other tree. Sure enough I saw a purple aura glow around it a few seconds later. I didnt think much about it during the day or even on the way back, but somehow when we were traveling home I happened to look up and see the exact same tree again in the clearing with the same aura and feelings in my gut. 

I've sensed emotions in objects and places before (which is WAYY more common for me than seeing auras or people) but experiencing both of those combined made me wonder if maybe that's not something that most people can feel?

Which makes me wonder even more about what any of this means, if I'm crazy or if it's just some kind of energy that we dont really understand?  

Please tell me I'm not the only one.

Also dont be jealous of my potential lame powers. They dont do much for me except make me feel like a lunatic. Seriously be grateful if you dont have them.

6 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I have had severe headaches for no reason throughout my whole life but it never seems to be at the same time I see stuff. I'll keep this in mind though since in the last 3 years sometimes when I stand up I loose my vision for 10-15 seconds. I've been put on iron and magnesia pills to try and stop it but it doesnt.  

23 minutes ago, InkNote said:

I have had severe headaches for no reason throughout my whole life but it never seems to be at the same time I see stuff. I'll keep this in mind though since in the last 3 years sometimes when I stand up I loose my vision for 10-15 seconds. I've been put on iron and magnesia pills to try and stop it but it doesnt.  

Sounds almost like an oxygen absorption problem. Do you see sparkles when it happens?

29 minutes ago, InkNote said:

Auras are incredibly common before migraines hit

2 hours ago, InkNote said:

........... it's just some kind of energy that we dont really understand?  

Also dont be jealous of my potential lame powers. They dont do much for me except make me feel like a lunatic. Seriously be grateful if you dont have them.

Hi, InkNote. Welcome to UM :st. I would say it's some kind of energy we don't understand ........ because I have experienced this too. You are not the only one. The advantage of experiencing anything paranormal(or very rare), is that it can make one more enquiring of the paranormal and more understanding of others who have experienced paranormal events. It can make one more open minded. Just observe it and don't feel the need to justify your experience to others. :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

They don't go away when you close your eyes, of course.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

2 hours ago, Habitat said:

And they aren't limited to one object, in this case a particular tree. :)

8 hours ago, InkNote said:

You are not the only one. My understanding is that many, many people have above average sensitivity to the super-physical things around us. There is more to reality than the physical level we all see.

8 hours ago, InkNote said:

It really irritates me that societal conditioning would make some more sensitive people feel like lunatics. 'Be broader minded than that' would be my advice. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Sounds almost like an oxygen absorption problem. Do you see sparkles when it happens?

My lungs are fine and so is my heart rate. It's more like gray tv static which fades in and then out. I had a 6 month check up today and doctors said I was fine. 

11 hours ago, Habitat said:

Doesnt really apply to me then. I only see them for a second or two while my eyes are open never when they're closed. Also its only happened to me like 3 times in my entire life so it's not a constant thing.

• 1 month later...

On 12/31/2019 at 5:39 PM, InkNote said:

Doesnt really apply to me then. I only see them for a second or two while my eyes are open never when they're closed. Also its only happened to me like 3 times in my entire life so it's not a constant thing.

I worked with a guy who could see auras, I would have to say it is a gift. His started out to come on at random, then the incidents were increasing so he decided to work with it and now he can call upon the gift at any given time.

He said he likes knowing what a persons all about without even having to talk to them. He said he can trust what the colors around people mean and this helps him to know what people he wants to interact with, in a sense that he allows his ability to decide weather or not certain people are in his life and which ones he associates with and which ones he will not.

& I think that's pretty cool!

He is also not spiritual and pretty much an atheist.

Would love to hear an update & hope all is well.

Edited by Jujo-jo