Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
spartan max2

Corrections trainees fired over Nazi salute

161 posts in this topic

spartan max2
30 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

It's just a Roman salute.

Hail Caesar we salute you.

roman.png

Same in America.  Saluting the American flag and pledging their allegiance.

salute1.png

salute2.png

Even the British Royal family tried to get into the spirit of things.

salute3.png

It was also tradition to give the salute outside Notre Dame in Paris before the war as they salute the statue of Joan of Arc.

notre1.png

Yet everyone thinks of the Nazis for some reason?  Raising your arm in salute was a sign of respect.  Some leaders in the past were fascist which has unfortunately made many people misinterpret the salute as simply a fascist salute which has to be condemned without pausing for thought, and which is now apparently a sackable offence.  They clearly need educating.

They purposely did the Nazi salute. No debate on misrepresentation with this one.

The caption “Hail Byrd!” – a reference to the trainees’ instructor – is visible above the group.

'Walt' E. Kurtz

Hey my German shepherd can jump this high ! 

• Haha 2

'Walt' E. Kurtz
1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

They purposely did the Nazi salute. No debate on misrepresentation with this one.

Ze Romanz ? 

Farmer77
2 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

Yet everyone thinks of the Nazis for some reason?  Raising your arm in salute was a sign of respect.  Some leaders in the past were fascist which has unfortunately made many people misinterpret the salute as simply a fascist salute which has to be condemned without pausing for thought, and which is now apparently a sackable offence.  They clearly need educating.

Clearly its you who needs the educating.

Its called societal norms. In our society, as in human society, that salute has been hijacked by the Nazis same with the swatiska and a couple of other icons. Thats just reality and no matter how badly you want nazi mannerisms and icons to be OK in civilized society they are not and most likely never will be.

• Like 4

Sir Wearer of Hats
6 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Nah, we all know the real reason America is having problems, but I don't want to contaminate this thread.:yes:

Is it because there’s not enough fluoride in the water?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Manwon Lender
1 minute ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Is it because there’s not enough fluoride in the water?

Possibly, never thought of that.:D

• Like 1

Manwon Lender
10 minutes ago, 'Walt' E. Kurtz said:

Ze Romanz ? 

Ja, mein Anführer

Gegrüßet seist du mein Anführer

'Walt' E. Kurtz
53 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Ja, mein Anführer

Gegrüßet seist du mein Anführer

Said in a german Gestapo voice. " we have waysz to make you talk, where are your paperz " 

Manwon Lender
Just now, 'Walt' E. Kurtz said:

Said in a german Gestapo voice. " we have waysz to make you talk, where are your paperz " 

My family is from Flensborg, they emigrated to the US in the 1950s I was born an American in 1959. I spoke German as a child, and I spoke it very well when I was stationed in Germany in the 1980s. But I very seldom peak it today, but if I brush the dust off it comes back pretty quick.

Peace

Habitat

That people are petrified that the Nazis are coming back if some token gestures aren't quashed, is a sign of paranoia, and a failure to understand how the whole Nazi thing came about. The breakdown of a society where the moderates were not answering the concerns of the majority, either by intent or inability to do so, probably more the latter. Weeds only grow if you neglect the garden.

'Walt' E. Kurtz
2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

My family is from Flensborg, they emigrated to the US in the 1950s I was born an American in 1959. I spoke German as a child, and I spoke it very well when I was stationed in Germany in the 1980s. But I very seldom peak it today, but if I brush the dust off it comes back pretty quick.

Peace

I thought you said in German something like thats my ancestors are you my ancestor?. as a Swede I know a little german he's right over there. (Points across the room)

• Haha 1

Manwon Lender
7 minutes ago, 'Walt' E. Kurtz said:

I thought you said in German something like thats my ancestors are you my ancestor?. as a Swede I know a little german he's right over there. (Points across the room)

Yes mine leader

'Walt' E. Kurtz
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Habitat said:

That people are petrified that the Nazis are coming back if some token gestures aren't quashed, is a sign of paranoia, and a failure to understand how the whole Nazi thing came about. The breakdown of a society where the moderates were not answering the concerns of the majority, either by intent or inability to do so, probably more the latter. Weeds only grow if you neglect the garden.

And it happens very easily (experiments in the matter has been done) many times. one of them was made into a compelling novel based on a true incident that occurred in a high school history class in California in the 60s, namely "the wave" 

Edited by 'Walt' E. Kurtz

Habitat
7 minutes ago, 'Walt' E. Kurtz said:

And it happens very easily (experiments in the matter has been done) one of them happened at some college in California in the 1960s which later was turned in to a movie and and a book called "the wave"

"it happens" ? What ?

'Walt' E. Kurtz
1 minute ago, Habitat said:

"it happens" ? What ?

The ideology Nazism 

Habitat
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, 'Walt' E. Kurtz said:

The ideology Nazism 

All the elements that constituted Nazism, are still around,(except the particular individuals involved) have been around well before Hitler came along, and will likely be still around long into the future. It is like an opportunistic virus that can only take hold when the host (society at large) is in a weakened and disordered state. It is not like a pathogen that can attack a healthy individual with a strong constitution. A few ratbags doing Nazi salutes are more a threat to themselves than anything else.

Edited by Habitat

'Walt' E. Kurtz
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Habitat said:

All the elements that constituted Nazism, are still around,(except the particular individuals involved) have been around well before Hitler came along, and will likely be still around long into the future. It is like an opportunistic virus that can only take hold when the host (society at large) is in a weakened and disordered state. It is not like a pathogen that can attack a healthy individual with a strong constitution. A few ratbags doing Nazi salutes are more a threat to themselves than anything else.

Exactly.  it's getting scary when the Swedish Television the swedish national public television says that you are no longer allowed to criticize the Swedish Democrat party in television. The  swedish democrats is one of Swedens leading political parties and was formed by two former SS veterans and you dont have to be a rocket scientist to figure out their political agenda. 

Edited by 'Walt' E. Kurtz

Farmer77
20 minutes ago, Habitat said:

All the elements that constituted Nazism, are still around,(except the particular individuals involved) have been around well before Hitler came along, and will likely be still around long into the future. It is like an opportunistic virus that can only take hold when the host (society at large) is in a weakened and disordered state.

Youre describing America. (relative of course) Hence the increased sensitivity

22 minutes ago, Habitat said:

A few ratbags doing Nazi salutes are more a threat to themselves than anything else.

Right but you cant pretend these few , or any few at this point, are acting in a vacuum.

FBI's Wray says most domestic terrorism arrests this year involve white supremacy

Habitat

Whilst the same authoritarian, illiberal bent is on display with neo-Nazis, it is not really Nazism without German supremacist nationalism, and that simply has not re-emerged since 1945.

'Walt' E. Kurtz
9 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Youre describing America. (relative of course) Hence the increased sensitivity

Right but you cant pretend these few , or any few at this point, are acting in a vacuum.

FBI's Wray says most domestic terrorism arrests this year involve white supremacy

A few nazi rat bags....they are gaining ground in Europe infact it's not wise to criticize them openly in sweden or the nazi ideology since they might be  paying me a visit. 

• Like 2

Habitat
2 minutes ago, 'Walt' E. Kurtz said:

A few nazi rat bags....they are gaining ground in Europe infact it's not wise to criticize them openly in sweden or the nazi ideology since they might be  paying me a visit. 

If that is a live issue, then your politicians have failed. Zero tolerance should be the policy.

• Like 2

'Walt' E. Kurtz
Just now, Habitat said:

If that is a live issue, then your politicians have failed. Zero tolerance should be the policy.

Yes, they have failed in Europe and it is the reality. They are even gaining ground in Germany.

Habitat

Any kind of violence should be met with zero tolerance. I assume the gaining of ground, is because of the recent migrant influx from the Middle East, that seems predictable that it would happen. If you can convince people in a democratic system not to allow such immigration, then that is very different from attacking migrants or those that support them.

RoofGardener
1 hour ago, 'Walt' E. Kurtz said:

Exactly.  it's getting scary when the Swedish Television the swedish national public television says that you are no longer allowed to criticize the Swedish Democrat party in television. The  swedish democrats is one of Swedens leading political parties and was formed by two former SS veterans and you dont have to be a rocket scientist to figure out their political agenda. 

Huh ? Not allowed to criticise ? Could you expand on that ? I did a cursory google search, but couldn't find anything ? 

toast
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

It's just a Roman salute. Hail Caesar we salute you.

For your info, its 2020 and not 50BC. And, Caesar has passed away BTW.

Same in America.  Saluting the American flag and pledging their allegiance

Here is some education for you: it was called the Bellamy`s salute and it was executed in the US until the German Nazis came into power. Because they used the salute too (Heil Hitler!/Sieg Heil!/Heil dir, mein Führer!), it was replaced by US Congress by the hand-over-heard salute in 1942.

Even the British Royal family tried to get into the spirit of things.

Education for you again: the image does not represent the opinion of the whole British Royal family. Eduard VIII, in the image, was a well known Nazi&Hitler sympathetic and the salute shown in the image was the Nazi salute and nothing else.

It was also tradition to give the salute outside Notre Dame in Paris before the war as they salute the statue of Joan of Arc.

Education as well: the image does not show Notre Dame in Paris. The cathedral  in the image is Notre-Dame de Reims, which is located in Reims/France and not in Paris. But anyway, never heard about a Joan of Arc salute, can you back that claim?

No matter if the salute was used before 1933 without connection to fascism, it is a no-go after 1933 and so it is today as well. You gave it a (lousy) try to show that its a kind of "normal" salute somehow but it is: toxic. Dont you wonder why the salute is still used by fascists today and do you think they execute it for any other reason than to honor the ideas and mission of Hitler/Nazi Germany and, to clarify the plans of 1933 to be resumed and continued, one way or another? And yes, because of that it is a sackable offence. Or do you think it would be appropriate to perform the salute in front of the US flag at the US embassy in Jerusalem, for example?

Edited by toast
  • Thanks 1