Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
spartan max2

Corrections trainees fired over Nazi salute

161 posts in this topic

Farmer77
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, toast said:

Dont you wonder why the salute is still used by fascists today and do you think they execute it for any other reason than to honor the ideas and mission of Hitler/Nazi Germany and, to clarify the plans of 1933 to be resumed and continued, one way or another?

He knows WTF he's doing and this isnt the first thread hes done it in.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

toast
1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

He knows WTF he's doing and this isnt the first thread hes done it in.

Exactly. Tons of hot air without any content.

• Like 2

Aaron2016
Posted (edited)

Too many snowflakes today are paranoid that the Nazis are coming back to get them.  They need a Goose step kick up the back side.  :lol:

Image result for fawlty towers german gif"

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Haha 1

Aaron2016
16 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Clearly its you who needs the educating.

Its called societal norms. In our society, as in human society, that salute has been hijacked by the Nazis same with the swatiska and a couple of other icons. Thats just reality and no matter how badly you want nazi mannerisms and icons to be OK in civilized society they are not and most likely never will be.

It's called fear.  Remember when entertainment and innocent fun was not scrutinized and made a sackable offence.  Yes, those were the day.

• Like 1

RoofGardener

Sooooooooooooo.... "dozens" of these people where sacked. 

OK. 

How much did it cost to train them, and who will replace them ? 

Aaron2016
Just now, RoofGardener said:

Sooooooooooooo.... "dozens" of these people where sacked. 

OK. 

How much did it cost to train them, and who will replace them ? 

Somebody who is willing to follow the new fascist rules without showing a fascist salute.  :D

Aaron2016
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, toast said:

For your info, its 2020 and not 50BC. And, Caesar has passed away BTW.

Here is some education for you: it was called the Bellamy`s salute and it was executed in the US until the German Nazis came into power. Because they used the salute too (Heil Hitler!/Sieg Heil!/Heil dir, mein Führer!), it was replaced by US Congress by the hand-over-heard salute in 1942.

Education for you again: the image does not represent the opinion of the whole British Royal family. Eduard VIII, in the image, was a well known Nazi&Hitler sympathetic and the salute shown in the image was the Nazi salute and nothing else.

Education as well: the image does not show Notre Dame in Paris. The cathedral  in the image is Notre-Dame de Reims, which is located in Reims/France and not in Paris. But anyway, never heard about a Joan of Arc salute, can you back that claim?

No matter if the salute was used before 1933 without connection to fascism, it is a no-go after 1933 and so it is today as well. You gave it a (lousy) try to show that its a kind of "normal" salute somehow but it is: toxic. Dont you wonder why the salute is still used by fascists today and do you think they execute it for any other reason than to honor the ideas and mission of Hitler/Nazi Germany and, to clarify the plans of 1933 to be resumed and continued, one way or another? And yes, because of that it is a sackable offence. Or do you think it would be appropriate to perform the salute in front of the US flag at the US embassy in Jerusalem, for example?

Yes, I am well aware of the history of the salute and what the Nazis represented in proper context of the time they were popular.  Even Hollywood stars like Katharine Hepburn and other stars did the salute (for fun) in the 1938 film 'Holiday' to demonstrate that the person they were saluting was just nasty with no malice intent towards anyone and not demonstrating their support for the Nazis.  For instance nobody is suggesting that Prince Harry is a Nazi or supports their ideals just because he dressed up as one at a party, but if he were just the average Joe then his life would be ruined because of that photo.  The salute needs to be kept within context.  i.e. Harmless fun vs Ideological support.

harry.png

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Like 1

toast
50 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

Yes, I am well aware of the history of the salute and what the Nazis represented in proper context of the time they were popular.  Even Hollywood stars like Katharine Hepburn and other stars did the salute (for fun) in the 1938 film 'Holiday' to demonstrate that the person they were saluting was just nasty with no malice intent towards anyone and not demonstrating their support for the Nazis.  For instance nobody is suggesting that Prince Harry is a Nazi or supports their ideals just because he dressed up as one at a party, but if he were just the average Joe then his life would be ruined because of that photo.  The salute needs to be kept within context.  i.e. Harmless fun vs Ideological support.

You can write as much if you want but the nazi salute isnt for "entertainment" and/or "fun", is that so hard to grasp for you? It doesnt matter if Hepburn, Harry or whoever did it and I do not understand for what reasons exactly you still try to explain why it isnt a problem in today's world. It was and it still is a gesture that is direct connected to >55M killed individuals.

FU.

• Thanks 1

Manwon Lender
2 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

Too many snowflakes today are paranoid that the Nazis are coming back to get them.  They need a Goose step kick up the back side.  :lol:

Image result for fawlty towers german gif"

Dude your foolish comments serve no one, in fact they may appear offensive to many. 

Manwon Lender
1 hour ago, Aaron2016 said:

harry.png

It appears that this fun and games for you. I don't see you point at all, what see is some form of denial and I don't understand why. Are you trying to push people buttons or do you support the rise of the Nazism which is happening all around the world today?

peace

• Like 2

spartan max2
4 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

It's called fear.  Remember when entertainment and innocent fun was not scrutinized and made a sackable offence.  Yes, those were the day.

Listen, I agree with you generally on this topic.

But this situation is clear cut. This isn't a misinterpreted upsidedown okay sign. This is a purposeful Nazi salute.

It matters because of their position. Anything government or military related is required to act in certain ways that give respect to the uniform. You represent the government as a public employee.

Aaron2016
2 hours ago, toast said:

You can write as much if you want but the nazi salute isnt for "entertainment" and/or "fun", is that so hard to grasp for you? It doesnt matter if Hepburn, Harry or whoever did it and I do not understand for what reasons exactly you still try to explain why it isnt a problem in today's world. It was and it still is a gesture that is direct connected to >55M killed individuals.

FU.

You conduct in hate speech and ridicule people who raise their hands in jest.  e.g.  I saw a cleaner at a care home being reprimanded by her boss and when the boss walked away I saw the cleaner mutter something under her breath and raise her arm as a joke to indicate that her boss was acting like a fascist dictator.  Only a fool would think she was showing loyalty to the Nazis.  The war ended over 70 years ago.  I guess some people are so obsessed with the war that they forget it is over.

• Like 1

Aaron2016
2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Dude your foolish comments serve no one, in fact they may appear offensive to many. 

I am stating the reasons why people defend the trainees who were fired and the reasons why they posed for the photograph.  They were not Nazi supporters.

• Like 1

Aaron2016
2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

It appears that this fun and games for you. I don't see you point at all, what see is some form of denial and I don't understand why. Are you trying to push people buttons or do you support the rise of the Nazism which is happening all around the world today?

peace

I don't see any indications that Nazism is 'on the rise'.  Just the media beefing it up and spouting the usual paranoia e.g.  Comparing Trump to Hitler etc and all that bull.

• Like 1

Manwon Lender
4 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

I don't see any indications that Nazism is 'on the rise'.  Just the media beefing it up and spouting the usual paranoia e.g.  Comparing Trump to Hitler etc and all that bull.

Where you live it may not be, but that isn't true for much of the western world. The headlines are clear, and the people jockeying for power no longer hide their beliefs.

peace

• Like 1

Aaron2016
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

Listen, I agree with you generally on this topic.

But this situation is clear cut. This isn't a misinterpreted upsidedown okay sign. This is a purposeful Nazi salute.

It matters because of their position. Anything government or military related is required to act in certain ways that give respect to the uniform. You represent the government as a public employee.

I just see a group of trainees who jokingly believe their teacher is a fascist owing to their hard training methods.  It was done with affection i.e. a tongue-in-cheek joke to show that their boss was tough on them i.e. acting like a fascist leader.  I've seen it done so many times in TV sitcoms and films that I can't see how it could be beefed up to become a widespread sackable offence.  They could have apologized and explained why they did it in the right context.  A slap on the wrist and back to work.  Simple.

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Like 2

spartan max2
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

All I see is a group of trainees who jokingly believe their teacher is a fascist owing to their hard training methods.  It was done with affection i.e. a tongue-in-cheek joke to show that their boss was tough on them i.e. acting like a fascist leader.  I've seen it done so many times in TV sitcoms and films that I can't see how it could be beefed up to become a widespread sackable offence.  They could have apologized and explained why they did it in the right context.  A slap on the wrist and back to work.  Simple.

If they jokingly wore KKK outfits would your reaction be similar?

Edited by spartan max2

Sir Wearer of Hats
28 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

You conduct in hate speech and ridicule people who raise their hands in jest.  e.g.  I saw a cleaner at a care home being reprimanded by her boss and when the boss walked away I saw the cleaner mutter something under her breath and raise her arm as a joke to indicate that her boss was acting like a fascist dictator.  Only a fool would think she was showing loyalty to the Nazis.  The war ended over 70 years ago.  I guess some people are so obsessed with the war that they forget it is over.

The war ended, but the scars remain. 

• Thanks 1

Aaron2016
2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

If they jokingly wore KKK outfits would your reaction be similar?

That would be taking the joke too far.  It was a term of endearment, not a political statement.  Our college English tutor was very regimental and strict against the class, and I remember a girl used to sarcastically address him with "Yes, Mein Herr" and the class laughed and the teacher thought nothing of it.  People are just too sensitive about most things these days.  Since the public have not engaged in another big war in decades there probably is a deep subconscious desire to create a fantasy war in their heads that does not exist.  Perhaps mankind has been conditioned for centuries to fight and win, and now that we no longer fight and therefore have nothing left to win, there is a growing paranoia that everyone who does not agree with them is therefore their enemy and they see and create enemies wherever they go.  The media beefs it up and exaggerates every story which just feeds into the hysteria.  I think deep down the public want a war just to release their tension away from each other.  Must be a human characteristic.

• Like 1

Desertrat56
19 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

You forget, offense is taken, not given, even when it is purposely offered, it can only be taken or one can just ignore it.  If you find yourself being offended often, it is most likely an addiction to what ever endorphins are triggered in your brain by your choices to think something is offensive.  Your brain, your thoughts. 

What ever @Aaron2016 thinks he's saying gets garbled because it is just some snarky comment by someone who is not really participating in the discussion.

• Like 3

Manwon Lender
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

You forget, offense is taken, not given, even when it is purposely offered, it can only be taken or one can just ignore it.  If you find yourself being offended often, it is most likely an addiction to what ever endorphins are triggered in your brain by your choices to think something is offensive.  Your brain, your thoughts. 

What ever @Aaron2016 thinks he's saying gets garbled because it is just some snarky comment by someone who is not really participating in the discussion.

Thanks your opinion, I appreaciate you input. I have participated in the discussion the discussion and your certainly welcome to your opinion, but yes my brain does get scrambled at times it due to a medical condition called a TBI.

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender

Desertrat56
18 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Thanks your opinion, I appreaciate you input. I have participated in the discussion the discussion and your certainly welcome to your opinion, but yes my brain does get scrambled at times it due to a medical condition called a TBI.

Peace

So your comment that some might take offense to what @Aaron2016 said meant that you took offense?  I was not addressing you personally, just making an observation triggered by your comment that some might take offense to Aaron2016's comment about "snowflakes".  If you took it personally then that is something you can look at for yourself.  I'm sorry your brain is scrambled due to a medical condition.  I was not commenting on your thoughts, but rather on the idea that someone could choose to be offended by the term "snowflake".

Hammerclaw
Posted (edited)

Desertrat56
8 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

People obsess about all sorts of BS, these days. Somehow circles are racist symbols, now.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2019/07/03/cbs-nbc-boost-kaepernick-claim-betsy-ross-flag-racistBetsyRossFlag715.jpg

Not racist, against the midwest and western states.  the 13 colonies are on the east coast.

Hammerclaw

Hopefully, the two additional links to my previous post clears up RJs confusion.:innocent::tu:

• Confused 1