Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Alex Jones to pay $100k for Contempt

Eldorado

"US radio host and prominent conspiracy theorist Alex Jones has been ordered to pay $100,000 (£76,000) in legal fees and court costs in a defamation case against him.

"The case has been brought by the father of a child killed in the Sandy Hook mass school shooting in 2012.

"Mr Jones has long claimed on his show and Infowars site that the attack was "completely fake" and a "giant hoax"."

Full report at the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50960730

And at CBS: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alex-jones-ordered-to-pay-100k-in-sandy-hook-court-fines/

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 6

Obviousman

But do you think he will ever pay it? I think he'll just ignore the order to pay.

Scholar4Truth

It's funny how Alex Jones at one point believed in the Sandy Hook Conspiracy, but now that he has had his hand caught in the cookie jar he now does not believe it. I wonder if its just a PR move.

Obviousman
4 hours ago, Scholar4Truth said:

It's funny how Alex Jones at one point believed in the Sandy Hook Conspiracy, but now that he has had his hand caught in the cookie jar he now does not believe it. I wonder if its just a PR move.

I don't think he ever believed it. It was simply a way for him to make money.

• Like 2

Scholar4Truth
On 1/10/2020 at 4:11 PM, Obviousman said:

I don't think he ever believed it. It was simply a way for him to make money.

Yeah I believe that as well. But of course what money does he need to make? he already does so with his over priced water filters and films.