Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alex Jones to pay $100k for Contempt

Eldorado

But do you think he will ever pay it? I think he'll just ignore the order to pay.

• 2 weeks later...

It's funny how Alex Jones at one point believed in the Sandy Hook Conspiracy, but now that he has had his hand caught in the cookie jar he now does not believe it. I wonder if its just a PR move.

4 hours ago, Scholar4Truth said:

It's funny how Alex Jones at one point believed in the Sandy Hook Conspiracy, but now that he has had his hand caught in the cookie jar he now does not believe it. I wonder if its just a PR move.

I don't think he ever believed it. It was simply a way for him to make money.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/10/2020 at 4:11 PM, Obviousman said:

Yeah I believe that as well. But of course what money does he need to make? he already does so with his over priced water filters and films.

On 1/1/2020 at 3:02 PM, Obviousman said:

But do you think he will ever pay it? I think he'll just ignore the order to pay.

then  they'll take his properties, assets, even put him in jail for contempt. he may set up[ payment plan with those people,  under court supervision, you can't just ignore court order in usa, unless you are dirt poor, and have nothing to take. in some states  like mississippi, you go to debtor prison and work for low pay until all court ordered debt is paid off 

Edited by aztek

Isn't it the American thing to have an opinion and be proud you have the right to voice it wrong or right though. It's also an american thing called capitalism and if a buck can be made, make it.   The families can hate what he says all they want but he does have the right to say it, no ?

6 hours ago, STAR LORD said:

Isn't it the American thing to have an opinion and be proud you have the right to voice it wrong or right though. It's also an american thing called capitalism and if a buck can be made, make it.   The families can hate what he says all they want but he does have the right to say it, no ?

Do people really not understand the concept of 'free speech', and the responsibility that follows?

It's not rocket science - if you cause (mental or physical) harm or genuine offence, or you call people liars, or affect their business, or ... etc etc, you also take responsibility for the 'cost' of your words.  And the court is where that usually happens.

This could not have happened to a more appropriate excretion orifice, if you ask me...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Do people really not understand the concept of 'free speech', and the responsibility that follows?

It's not rocket science - if you cause (mental or physical) harm or genuine offence, or you call people liars, or affect their business, or ... etc etc, you also take responsibility for the 'cost' of your words.  And the court is where that usually happens.

This could not have happened to a more appropriate excretion orifice, if you ask me...

I agree with you however if one can get sued for an opinion when does it stop. 

5 minutes ago, STAR LORD said:

When I decide that it's my opinion you are a paedophile and a rapist and I keep saying so all over the internet and on the radio?  

There is a difference between expressing an opinion and repeated stating as truth something which is offensive or libelous.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Essan said:

When I decide that it's my opinion you are a paedophile and a rapist and I keep saying so all over the internet and on the radio?  

There is a difference between expressing an opinion and repeated stating as truth something which is offensive or libelous.

Offensive is OK, but libellous is a no-no. :) 

Bignose :P 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Essan said:

Fair enough

• Like 1

8 hours ago, STAR LORD said:

???  What? 

I already explained the type of things that involve the 'responsibility' side of things.  If it needs to be 'measured' that is what the courts are for - *they* draw the line in the sand.  There is, of course, a wide spread of opinions that one could make, ranging from completely innocuous to horrifically hurtful or dangerous.  Do some things go to court that shouldn't?  Of course.  Do some *not* get to court that should?  Of course.  It's a human endeavour, and the systems aren't perfect (in fact in the USA they are .. never mind).

Does all that really need explanation?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

???  What? 

I already explained the type of things that involve the 'responsibility' side of things.  If it needs to be 'measured' that is what the courts are for - *they* draw the line in the sand.  There is, of course, a wide spread of opinions that one could make, ranging from completely innocuous to horrifically hurtful or dangerous.  Do some things go to court that shouldn't?  Of course.  Do some *not* get to court that should?  Of course.  It's a human endeavour, and the systems aren't perfect (in fact in the USA they are .. never mind).

Does all that really need explanation?

Your temper tantrum was not required. Of course hate speech and slander is a cause for a defimation suit however did he slander the people or the story? Was he the presenter or the accuser. Did he go out of his way to hurt the victims family by simply repeating at the time what some were saying. Im not defending him but he is an easy target right.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

The parents of a six-year-old boy who was shot dead in the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre told conspiracy theorist Alex Jones he has made their lives a "living hell" as they faced him in court.

Neil Heslin and Scarlett Lewis said they have experienced death threats, harassment and ongoing trauma over the last decade because Jones used his media platforms to push claims the 2012 mass shooting was a hoax.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/sandy-hook-parents-tell-alex-jones-he-has-made-their-lives-a-living-hell-as-they-face-him-in-court/ar-AA10fiQO?

• Like 4

On 1/10/2020 at 10:11 PM, Obviousman said:

The thing is people who are deep into conspiracy theories have got their cognitive dissonance techniques down. I remember an argument I had with someone about the flat earth, and he presented two completely opposing ideas as being "the most likely" (e.g. flat earth and hollow earth) and when I pointed out that they couldn't both be true, he just said "it doesn't matter".

And those words have stuck with me ever since. If you could read Jones' mind and find out what he actually thought about whether or not the shootings were staged, I would bet my last dollar that that part of his brain is just a bare room with a table in the middle, and on the table is a piece of toilet paper with the words "it doesn't matter" printed on it.

Edited by Emma_Acid
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

Alex Jones doesn't even believe this stuff, it's an act. He even said so in his divorce deposition. It's a way to make money and as long as the money keeps rolling in, he has suckers to believe him. If that was it okay but he specifically targeted Sandy Hook parents as crisis actors and it's made their lives hell. Financial ruin isn't enough but it'll have to do since it's why he targeted them in the first place, clickbait for cash. 

• Like 4

On 1/10/2020 at 9:27 AM, Scholar4Truth said:

Everything he does is for views and clicks. Unfortunately, he panders to sociopaths and general weirdos.

• Like 4

On 8/3/2022 at 8:23 AM, Emma_Acid said:

The thing is people who are deep into conspiracy theories have got their cognitive dissonance techniques down. I remember an argument I had with someone about the flat earth, and he presented two completely opposing ideas as being "the most likely" (e.g. flat earth and hollow earth) and when I pointed out that they couldn't both be true, he just said "it doesn't matter".

And those words have stuck with me ever since. If you could read Jones' mind and find out what he actually thought about whether or not the shootings were staged, I would bet my last dollar that that part of his brain is just a bare room with a table in the middle, and on the table is a piece of toilet paper with the words "it doesn't matter" printed on it.

Let me tell you about the "Bigfoot is real" crowd....:lol:

• Haha 2

Lol. Was just reading about this!

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/alex-jones-ordered-to-pay-4m-to-sandy-hook-parents/news-story/fc94ae972cfd24d52e96e3660e900487 

The Infowars host looked dumbstruck during Wednesday’s hearing when told his attorney had accidentally exposed his text message records to the opposition lawyer representing the parents of a murdered child.

Did you know 12 days ago your attorneys messed up and sent me an entire digital copy of your entire cell phone with every text message you’ve sent for the past two years?” said attorney Mark Bankston said according to HuffPost.

And when informed did not take any steps to identify it as privilege?

:w00t::clap:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 1/1/2020 at 4:16 AM, Eldorado said:

"US radio host and prominent conspiracy theorist Alex Jones has been ordered to pay $100,000 (£76,000) in legal fees and court costs in a defamation case against him.

As the sun sets slowly on Alex Jones' career let's all be upstanding for the Conspiratard National Anthem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Timothy said:

Lol. Was just reading about this!

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/alex-jones-ordered-to-pay-4m-to-sandy-hook-parents/news-story/fc94ae972cfd24d52e96e3660e900487 

The Infowars host looked dumbstruck during Wednesday’s hearing when told his attorney had accidentally exposed his text message records to the opposition lawyer representing the parents of a murdered child.

Did you know 12 days ago your attorneys messed up and sent me an entire digital copy of your entire cell phone with every text message you’ve sent for the past two years?” said attorney Mark Bankston said according to HuffPost.

And when informed did not take any steps to identify it as privilege?

:w00t::clap:

Now he needs some jail time for perjury.

• Like 7