Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NASA 2020: Are you ready ?

UM-Bot

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• jbondo

• tmcom

• Alchopwn

I am ready for the Mars one, although spending a billion so the rover can take selfies, hmmm.

:o

• 2 weeks later...

What I can't get past is the propulsion systems used. How long have we depended on basically the same type propulsion? This is what causes me to question the withholding of technology. I can't believe that since the first rocket in the year 1100, we haven't come up with something better. Sure, there have obviously been many advances in rocketry, but, It just stands to reason that there is propulsion tech being used that we aren't privy to. Then again, maybe not, but it would certainly be disappointing if that were the case.

Is David Adair FOS, or does he know of what he speaks? Hard to say.

Edited by jbondo

18 hours ago, jbondo said:

What I can't get past is the propulsion systems used. How long have we depended on basically the same type propulsion? This is what causes me to question the withholding of technology. I can't believe that since the first rocket in the year 1100, we haven't come up with something better. Sure, there have obviously been many advances in rocketry, but, It just stands to reason that there is propulsion tech being used that we aren't privy to. Then again, maybe not, but it would certainly be disappointing if that were the case.  Is David Adair FOS, or does he know of what he speaks? Hard to say.

There have been a lot of alternatives suggested, but not many that are cost effective.  I personally would like to see a mag-lev delivery system, powered by renewable energy, but the rate of acceleration is too high for human payloads, and staggering it would increase the length of the rail too much.