Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction

butterflygirl1

I used to watch this show loads when I was a kid, it introduced me to a lot of urban legends some of which I only know about from the show itself. I always liked that you had to try and make your mind up on which one was the truth. Of course, another plus was that it was presented by one of my first celebrity crushes.... Commander Riker (Jonathan Frakes). :P 

Anybody else have fond memories of this series? I tried looking for DVD's many years on but have never seen any.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, butterflygirl1 said:

I used to watch this show loads when I was a kid, it introduced me to a lot of urban legends some of which I only know about from the show itself. I always liked that you had to try and make your mind up on which one was the truth. Of course, another plus was that it was presented by one of my first celebrity crushes.... Commander Riker (Jonathan Frakes). :P 

Anybody else have fond memories of this series? I tried looking for DVD's many years on but have never seen any.

I remember it vaguely.  I was an adult and was not yet in the habit of watching much television, but I did like Jonathan Frakes.

I liked the format too.

I use Pluto TV a lot... and one of the channels plays this show sometimes. I can't recall which channel, but it plays a lot of urban legend and haunted history shows too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I remember it vaguely.  I was an adult and was not yet in the habit of watching much television, but I did like Jonathan Frakes.

I liked the format too.

Yeah, I liked the format and I always thought the false stories were usually plausible which made things interesting.

3 hours ago, rashore said:

I use Pluto TV a lot... and one of the channels plays this show sometimes. I can't recall which channel, but it plays a lot of urban legend and haunted history shows too.

Oh cool, I will have to try and find that!

I loved this show! I liked Jonathan Frakes. I remember being surprised when I read he was married to Genie Francis . ( Laura from General Hospital ) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Love Buzz said:

I loved this show! I liked Jonathan Frakes. I remember being surprised when I read he was married to Genie Francis . ( Laura from General Hospital ) 

My parents used to watch that show, although I'm not really familiar with it.

50 minutes ago, butterflygirl1 said:

My parents used to watch that show, although I'm not really familiar with it.

Re: General Hospital:

When I was in Germany the US Military had a channel and it did military breifings in the morning then at noon it showed general hospital.  I was not into it but for almost a year it was so weird and crazy that I watched it every day.  Luke was about to save the world from some mad scientist that had frozen every one except Luke and he was chasing the guy all over the world.  When we got back to the states and I turned the show on it was back to normal so I don't know how Luke got rid of the mad scientist and thawed everyone out.  The military station in Gremany had a 6 month lag.   :lol:

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I remember that show quite well. I watched every episode, the endings were always surprising because I always got most of the stories wrong when it came to knowing which ones were true and which ones were false. If you would like a show that is equivalent to that watch  the TV series Mostly True Stories Urban Legends Revealed.

Edited by Scholar4Truth
  • Like 3

On 1/2/2020 at 4:58 AM, Love Buzz said:

Wow... lucky Jonathan!  Marina Sirtis would do in a pich... so to speak ;) 

20 hours ago, Scholar4Truth said:

I remember that show quite well. I watched every episode, the endings were always surprising because I always got most of the stories wrong when it came to knowing which ones were true and which ones were false. If you would like a show that is equivalent to that watch  the TV series Mostly True Stories Urban Legends Revealed.

Thanks for the recommendation I will check it out! ^^