Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ruwa, Zimbabwe UFO Incident

TrumanB

13 hours ago, Vaz said:

The only sensible comment on the thread.  

Apparently you missed mine...reproduced here at no extra charge...

18 hours ago, joc said:

Who gives a flying frisbee what children say about something they saw?  Children are ignorant little humans.  They have no life experience, very little awareness of anything outside their own Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dum mindsets.  Who cares what children say about what they saw?  Geeezme...I mean Geeezus..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Is there anything about the facts that explain it at all on that show?

only testimonials.

1 minute ago, TrumanB said:

only testimonials.

What about the pilot who called in and identified a drogue from the description? 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

What about the pilot who called in and identified a drogue from the description? 

There was something about it but you'll have to take a look yourself. I don't even know what ' drogue' means.

18 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

The horse is not only dead, your afterlife crackpottery failed to even keep its memory alive.

I am seeing the story well and alive despite the usual efforts of the pseudo-skeptics in every popular case.

39 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

There was something about it but you'll have to take a look yourself. I don't even know what ' drogue' means.

I'm quite familiar with the case. It's in several threads here. 

Like an air anchor, here are two attached to a kite.

kap-marion-shopping-centre-2-sled.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I am seeing the story well and alive despite the usual efforts of the pseudo-skeptics in every popular case.

Try taking of your rose coloured glasses. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Try taking of your rose coloured glasses. 

The on-going question for me is what motivates these pseudo-skeptics to think every single popular paranormal/crypto/alien case is some slam-dunk failure. I know they  will say 'lack of evidence' but I don't really believe that answer and think it is more some psychological position they have put themselves in. I can't fix that.

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The on-going question for me is what motivates these pseudo-skeptics to think every single popular paranormal/crypto/alien case is some slam-dunk failure. I know they  will say 'lack of evidence' but I don't really believe that answer and think it is more some psychological position they have put themselves in. I can't fix that.

Better evidence in many cases rather than lack of. The most mundane explanation is going to be the best candidate. Occam's razor. Because your preference is to champion the other end of that spectrum does not make it a valid proposition. You overestimate yourself 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

Apparently you missed mine...reproduced here at no extra charge...

Well, what about criminal cases, e.g. cases of abuse?

3 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

I don't know what you are even talking about.  Please elaborate.

44 minutes ago, joc said:

I don't know what you are even talking about.  Please elaborate.

Who gives a flying frisbee what children say about something they saw?  Children are ignorant little humans.  They have no life experience, very little awareness of anything outside their own Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dum mindsets.  Who cares what children say about what they saw?  Geeezme...I mean Geeezus..

1 hour ago, joc said:
  1 hour ago, Rolltide said:

What do criminal case of abuse have to do with children seeing ufos?  Come on Rolltide...stay focused!  

Oh I get it...you are saying what about kids who say Uncle Chuckie did this or that?  

That's different...they were there...they experienced it in real time...we are talking about ufos...not pedophiles...

Apples and Oranges.

Edited by joc
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Rolltide said:

If it was something your subjective bias supported you would be interested.  

2 hours ago, Vaz said:

If it was something your subjective bias supported you would be interested.  

I think I can speak for most of the skeptics here when I say that... If you found something supported by credible evidence we would be interested.

Until then, not so much.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Hazzard said:

I think I can speak for most of the skeptics here when I say that... If you found something supported by credible evidence we would be interested.

Until then, not so much.

There are quite fluent on the wild stories but ignorant of the explanations.

Obviously not looking for truth at all. They are looking for self validation.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hazzard said:

Until then, not so much.

I think I speak for most rational minded human being on the planet .........if a case is supported by enough witnesses, something extraordinary happened.

51 minutes ago, Vaz said:

I think I speak for most rational minded human being on the planet .........if a case is supported by enough witnesses, something extraordinary happened.

We talked about this, remember!!?

Witches, 100 000 executions, Europe, America, China, Africa....etc.

Upstanding, trustworthy, churchgoing people swore to God that they saw witches.

Did that make them real?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Hazzard said:

We talked about this, remember!!?

Witches, 100 000 executions, Europe, America, China, Africa....etc.

Upstanding, trustworthy, churchgoing people swore to God that they saw witches.

Did that make them real?

We also talked about corroboration. 

One person telling an account = understandable skepticism

Thousands telling similar accounts = something extraordinary really is happening

We also talked about Australia.

No animosity on my part here btw Mr H.  I love the challenge!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vaz said:

We also talked about corroboration. 

One person telling an account = understandable skepticism

Thousands telling similar accounts = something extraordinary really is happening

We also talked about Australia.

No animosity on my part here btw Mr H.  I love the challenge!

Ok. This is your challenge... should you choose to accept it.

Show me a case that is supported with more than just people flapping their lips. A case that doesnt make me have to take that notorious leap of faith.

...or as close to it as you can find.

Take your time.

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Hazzard said:

Ok. This is your challenge... should you choose to accept it.

Show me a case that is supported with more than just people flapping their lips. A case that doesnt make me have to take that notorious leap of faith.

...or as close to it as you can find.

Take your time.

Are you not happy with the Nimitz footage?  Are you not happy with Tim Edwards' footage from Salida?  Did you investigate the alternative footage shot of the same craft that corroborates Edwards' footage?  

I personally don't need footage but if you do surely this is where to look.

Edited by Vaz

On 1/4/2020 at 11:37 PM, Vaz said:

Are you not happy with the Nimitz footage?

We're perfectly happy with it - it just shows other terrestrial aircraft, and an object that is ether a large seabird or a balloon.  Pity that those who keep bringing it up always get it confused and associated incorrectly.  This is covered in extraordinary detail on other threads - the one your incompetence didn't enable you to find,.

Are you not happy with Tim Edwards' footage from Salida?

Again, perfectly happy - as been shown to be a spider web.  Again, links were posted earlier - it is covered in detail on other threads - the ones your incompetence didn't enable you to find,

Did you investigate the alternative footage shot of the same craft that corroborates Edwards' footage?

As above.  Stop repeating yourself.

I personally don't need footage but if you do surely this is where to look.

No, clearly nothing will help.

Unteachable.

Gullibility redefined.

Is there anyone here who has been convinced by any of Vaz's 'examples'?

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Is there anyone here who has been convinced by any of Vaz's 'examples'?

People who need to believe in this so badly that they are willing to suspend their critical thinking and doesnt care about logical reasoning... those are the people who stay convinced. Most of us here know that eyewitness testimony is the weakest form of evidence there is. Trying to prove something as extraordinary as ET visitation with people "telling us the truth" is an exercise in futility.

It is never going to happen, and this is why UFOlogy is firmly seated on the Woo Woo train going nowhere.

This can change any day... but only with better evidence.

Edited by Hazzard