Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shooting guns in the air on New Years

spartan max2

Just wanted to share this video from my city's sub reddit lol. This is a video of the Hilltop, in Columbus, Ohio. The Hilltop is considered the bad part of Columbus. 

Basically a huge amount of people shoot guns in the air on the new year's. The shooting starts up around 1:30, picks up alot at 2:30. I think and then keeps going.

Idiots. Bullets fall and can hurt people.

And before anyone ask, we know most of these are not fireworks because of pictures on bullet shells on the ground and falling into roofs, and other vids.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 7

"A team of researchers from the Max Planck Institute of Evolutionary Anthropology and Aix-Marseille University has found evidence that suggests a group of chimpanzees who throw stones at trees appear to do so for the acoustical effect."

• Haha 6

Two of my dogs plus the cat were shell shocked from all the shots and fireworks. I had to let them all on the bed with us. It was like sleeping at sea with multiple hairy blankets. The gun shots are the worst. 

• Like 7

@spartan max2 some people in the neighborhood I live in used to do this.  One family that did, also caught their roof on fire one 4th of July shooting illegal fire works from their roof.  We had quite a show that night.  Most of the people that used to do this are either in jail for some reason or have moved.  We only have one drug dealer on our street now, and he wants to be a good neighbor so that we won't get mad and turn him in for the chop shop (the cops know about his drug deals and tell us to leave him alone because they are watching him).  Also, he has not had any cars to chop since the police cracked down on car thefts in the city a year ago. 

• Like 3

Just now, Hankenhunter said:

Two of my dogs plus the cat were shell shocked from all the shots and fireworks. I had to let them all on the bed with us. It was like sleeping at sea with multiple hairy blankets. The gun shots are the worst. 

I got a thunder coat for my dogs.  It helps but not very much when it is gunshots.  The old dog is deaf now so we don't need to worry about her getting upset.  The other dog still has a lot of anxiety but the neighborhood isn't as bad as it used to be.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

I just don't get it.

Like I don't care if someone lives in the middle of nowhere. But when you in a city like wtf.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

You never know when a criminal is going to parachute in. 

Insurance and protection. 

Good to see responsible use of guns. Nothing like gun culture.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Wait.....people really do that?

It's bad enough with all the fireworks and crap (especially if you have pets), do we need to add firearms to that?

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Eldorado said:

"A team of researchers from the Max Planck Institute of Evolutionary Anthropology and Aix-Marseille University has found evidence that suggests a group of chimpanzees who throw stones at trees appear to do so for the acoustical effect."

Tread easy, EL... that could be construed to be (wait for it) RAY-SUS!!  :w00t:

• Haha 1

On 1/2/2020 at 3:22 PM, spartan max2 said:

diots. Bullets fall and can hurt people

I've run more than one call for falling bullet GSW's over the years. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I've run more than one call for falling bullet GSW's over the years. 

? What do you mean. Are you a paramedic?

At least, if there comes a time when guns are to be confiscated, we know who to grab them from don't we? 

~

• Like 1

9 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

? What do you mean. Are you a paramedic?

Yeah. I haven't been on the line in a very long time though 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1