Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
spartan max2

U.S drone strike kills Iranian General.

767 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

spartan max2
Posted (edited)
Quote

Iran's top commander General Qassim Soleimani has been killed in a U.S. drone strike in Baghdad, the Pentagon confirmed on Thursday night following reports of his death on Iranian state television and Iraqi media.

Soleimani, who led a special forces unit of Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards, has been a key figure of Iranian and Middle East politics. His death exacerbated already-high tensions between Iran and the United States, and triggered concerns of retaliation from Iranian forces.

Quote

Here is the full statement from the Department of Defense:

At the direction of the President, the U.S. military has taken decisive defensive action to protect U.S. personnel abroad by killing Qasem Soleimani, the head of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps-Quds Force, a U.S.-designated Foreign Terrorist Organization.
General Soleimani was actively developing plans to attack American diplomats and service members in Iraq and throughout the region. General Soleimani and his Quds Force were responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American and coalition service members and the wounding of thousands more. He had orchestrated attacks on coalition bases in Iraq over the last several months - including the attack on December 27th - culminating in the death and wounding of additional American and Iraqi personnel. General Soleimani also approved the attacks on the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad that took place this week.
This strike was aimed at deterring future Iranian attack plans. The United States will continue to take all necessary action to protect our people and our interests wherever they are around the world

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/03/top-iranian-general-qassim-soleimani-killed-in-us-airstrike-in-baghdad-pentagon.html

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor

Hmm.  And here I thought he was just trying to declare war on Iran while ignoring the Constitution and bypassing Congress. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Hmm.  And here I thought he was just trying to declare war on Iran while ignoring the Constitution and bypassing Congress. 

I too, seem to forget our legislators ever getting the chance to vote on killing  top Iranian officials. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I too, seem to forget our legislators ever getting the chance to vote on killing  top Iranian officials. 

You know, I thought all of this was weird.  The media was all hyping the protest at the embassy in Baghdad and I was scratching my head.  That is the largest and most fortified embassy we have.  It's almost as big as Vatican City.  Secondly it's in the Green Zone.  I guess I could understand the Iraqi security letting the protestors in the Green Zone and standing by while they trashed and burned stuff.  But I thought it odd that everyone was saying a place that holds up to 16,000 people and with a Marine Guard contingent that most likely outnumbered the protesters was going to turn into another Benghazi and that Americans might die.

Now that all this happened, it kinda makes a bit of sense.

It's a 180 from Trump's boasting of taking us out of the middle east too.  The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if Trump did this to please Bolton in return for him not testifying in the impeachment- that and the whole sitting president during war time getting re-elected bit.

Edit to add:  I'm not buying it one bit that it's because of that contractor that died.  The Taliban is still killing our boys and he's happily still in the works to hand Afghanistan back to them.

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender

It's time to cut all the bull with politics, while I don't wish for anymore soldiers to die in foreign conflicts, this is one I can get behind. The Irainians have been the sponsoring International Terrorism since the 1980s, The guy we killed today, General Soleimani has been responsible for almost a thousand American deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan. He was the individual that supplied Alcada with Armor Penitrators built into IEDs. These were very effective against light armored vehicles, so may General Soleimani just be a stain on the concrete.

This is it fellas, either we support our country and our soldiers or we continue with the politics.

Peace

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma

i'm wondering if other countries in the area would be happy about his death? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye

Rumsfeld, "we have 2.3trillion dollars unaccounted and undocumented for"

9-11

War on terror Afghanistan, hunt for Osama Pakistan, Iraq stop Saddam  'mission accomplished ' 

How much? "2.4trillion dollars"

Joe Rogan giggles like a Catholic Church school girl.... 

~

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
5 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

You know, I thought all of this was weird.  The media was all hyping the protest at the embassy in Baghdad and I was scratching my head.  That is the largest and most fortified embassy we have.  It's almost as big as Vatican City.  Secondly it's in the Green Zone.  I guess I could understand the Iraqi security letting the protestors in the Green Zone and standing by while they trashed and burned stuff.  But I thought it odd that everyone was saying a place that holds up to 16,000 people and with a Marine Guard contingent that most likely outnumbered the protesters was going to turn into another Benghazi and that Americans might die.

Now that all this happened, it kinda makes a bit of sense.

It's a 180 from Trump's boasting of taking us out of the middle east too.  The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if Trump did this to please Bolton in return for him not testifying in the impeachment- that and the whole sitting president during war time getting re-elected bit.

Edit to add:  I'm not buying it one bit that it's because of that contractor that died.  The Taliban is still killing our boys and he's happily still in the works to hand Afghanistan back to them.

Please Bolton!!! Please Israel more like it, at this point in time Israeli are jumping for joy over the Generals Death. He has been involved in more terrorist attacks against Israel than any other terrorist. One thing you bet on, Israel will be in loved  in anyway possible to help destroy Iran. With Iran gone, all the little terrorist groups that attack Israel will no longer have the funding to continue on, I just can't believe how foolish a Middle Eastern country like Iran is, with Israel involved they know their days are numbered. No Arab Nation has won a war against Israel since the state was founded in 1948, when are those fools going to wake up and smell the coffee.

Peace

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
6 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

i'm wondering if other countries in the area would be happy about his death? 

Most certainly, he has been the Leader of Irans Terrorist arm for many many years. He has been responsible for supplying weapons and munitions to every terrorist group in the Middle East. He has been responsible for the deaths of almost 1000 Americans in Iraq and Afghanistan. He supplied terrorists in Iraq  and Afghanistanwith Irainian built Armor  Penitrators built as IEDs. His death is a plus for all Middle Eastern Nations that have suffered at the hands of terrorists who he supplied weapons too. I am personally glad he is a stain on the concrete.

Peace

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
9 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Rumsfeld, "we have 2.3trillion dollars unaccounted and undocumented for"

9-11

War on terror Afghanistan, hunt for Osama Pakistan, Iraq stop Saddam  'mission accomplished ' 

How much? "2.4trillion dollars"

Joe Rogan giggles like a Catholic Church school girl.... 

~

 

Joe Rogan was a quire boy at his Catholic Church, but I doubt he is giggling because there a good chance the Preists had gotten to him!:w00t::D

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
2 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Rumsfeld, "we have 2.3trillion dollars unaccounted and undocumented for"

governments are stupid, run by idiots:

make it known to the world that (regarding the hunt for Osama at the time, as an example) any info on his whereabouts that results in his capture or death will put 1 million in your pocket/ official open arms welcome to the US/ Britton or wherever; basically a life of luxury for you & your family without fear of anything== job done, init?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
11 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Most certainly

hmmm, one can also only wonder how the basic hard-working Iranian 'really' feels about his death? 

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky

...finding it amusing that the Iranian president, Rouhani, teasing Trump to attack Iran. Well he did take out their prime special forces guy and his second in command. Rouhani will be quiet for a while, at lease. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
31 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Rumsfeld, "we have 2.3trillion dollars unaccounted and undocumented for"

9-11

War on terror Afghanistan, hunt for Osama Pakistan, Iraq stop Saddam  'mission accomplished ' 

How much? "2.4trillion dollars"

Joe Rogan giggles like a Catholic Church school girl.... 

~

 

And Soleimani is as dead as a hammer.  Deal with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
Just now, and then said:

And Soleimani is as dead as a hammer.  Deal with it.

Never heard of that expression before. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
5 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

...finding it amusing that the Iranian president, Rouhani, teasing Trump to attack Iran. Well he did take out their prime special forces guy and his second in command. Rouhani will be quiet for a while, at lease. 

wouldn't it be nice to know how the normal/ hard-working Iranian 'REALLY' feels= ya know: without the fear of arrest/ torture & murder

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

I too, seem to forget our legislators ever getting the chance to vote on killing  top Iranian officials. 

I don't recall the article in our Constitution that gives them a veto on the CiC's decisions in wartime.  Care to cite it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
Just now, Dejarma said:

wouldn't it be nice to know how the normal/ hard-working Iranian 'REALLY' feels= ya know: without the fear of arrest/ torture & murder

Im more interested to know how Rouhani feels at this moment. Trump might be a dick but the people and state apparatus around him just made Trump look smart and very capable. Lesson learnt. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

Never heard of that expression before. 

Dickens used something similar all those years ago.  "dead as a doornail"  it's just a take off from the idea.  :w00t:

It may be unseemly to express joy at the death, even of an enemy, but this man NEEDED KILLING.  The Left will no doubt launch a withering attack against Trump but most Americans that follow the news at all know he was responsible for most of our KIA and wounded in Iraq.  Good riddance to bad rubbish and I hope the families of our dead take a measure of relief from his passing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
Just now, Captain Risky said:

Im more interested to know how Rouhani feels at this moment. Trump might be a dick but the people and state apparatus around him just made Trump look smart and very capable. Lesson learnt. 

I doubt that we'd go as far as assassinating an actual government member but this guy was military and anytime we can arrange for one of them to "eat a biscuit" I'm all for it.  My guess is that everyone in their military hierarchy are revisiting their security arrangements ;) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Im more interested to know how Rouhani feels at this moment

i'm not! i'm interested in the people & how they feel

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
Just now, and then said:

Dickens used something similar all those years ago.  "dead as a doornail"  it's just a take off from the idea.  :w00t:

It may be unseemly to express joy at the death, even of an enemy, but this man NEEDED KILLING.  The Left will no doubt launch a withering attack against Trump but most Americans that follow the news at all know he was responsible for most of our KIA and wounded in Iraq.  Good riddance to bad rubbish and I hope the families of our dead take a measure of relief from his passing.

Dead as a doornail i know and thou I'm not American i also like dead as Dillinger.

Nah mate express your feelings openly, we're all mates here. Some people just need killing. and that prick was one of them. Enjoy the moment. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
Just now, and then said:

I doubt that we'd go as far as assassinating an actual government member but this guy was military and anytime we can arrange for one of them to "eat a biscuit" I'm all for it.  My guess is that everyone in their military hierarchy are revisiting their security arrangements ;) 

...well to be honest i was thinking that this is kinda borderline. Killing leaders, especially covertly really sets a bad precedent. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
3 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

i'm not! i'm interested in the people & how they feel

Well i would never have know. You certainly keep your anger hidden with your calm posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.