Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S drone strike kills Iranian General.

spartan max2

32 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

His death is a plus for all Middle Eastern Nations that have suffered at the hands of terrorists who he supplied weapons too. I am personally glad he is a stain on the concrete.

Totally agree with you.  The next thing to wait on is for the other shoe to drop.  Khamenei won't let this pass without a tit for tat action but it will be masked to look like one of their proxies went rogue.  Hopefully they understand that THIS act is not one a cowardly president would have taken.  Love him, hate him or somewhere in between, I believe he did the right thing today!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

...well to be honest i was thinking that this is kinda borderline. Killing leaders, especially covertly really sets a bad precedent. 

what was 'covert' about it? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

hmmm, one can also only wonder how the basic hard-working Iranian 'really' feels about his death? 

It's hard to say, but it's a point. I kinda think we will see in the next few days, if we start to see millions in the streets burning American Flags we will have our answer.

Peace

• Like 2

Well i would never have know. You certainly keep your anger hidden with your calm posts.

i think i'm showing sadness 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

what was 'covert' about it? 

I think it was a drone strike. No hot words or tweets from Trump just one second his there and next his not. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

...well to be honest i was thinking that this is kinda borderline. Killing leaders, especially covertly really sets a bad precedent. 

There has always been an informal agreement among world governments that assassinating political leaders is verboten.  This guy was highly placed and commanded the IRGC IIRC, but he wasn't "elected" and his authority was limited to the IRGC.  I think the only person he actually had to answer to was Khamenei.  That's why I think we can expect retribution of some kind.  It remains to be seen how overt it will be.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

i think i'm showing sadness 

Why don't you tell uncle Risky whats making you so sad. 

1 minute ago, and then said:

There has always been an informal agreement among world governments that assassinating political leaders is verboten.  This guy was highly placed and commanded the IRGC IIRC, but he wasn't "elected" and his authority was limited to the IRGC.  I think the only person he actually had to answer to was Khamenei.  That's why I think we can expect retribution of some kind.  It remains to be seen how overt it will be.

Even thou not a "political" leader he was very political. But it can be argued he was a military leader of a sovereign nation so i think we're in unchartered waters here. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

I think it was a drone strike. No hot words or tweets from Trump just one second his there and next his not. 

I have to say that I'm surprised that he didn't have better security.  It looks like he may have considered himself "untouchable" due to his position as IRGC commander and close subordinate to Khamenei.  Ooops...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, and then said:

Totally agree with you.  The next thing to wait on is for the other shoe to drop.  Khamenei won't let this pass without a tit for tat action but it will be masked to look like one of their proxies went rogue.  Hopefully they understand that THIS act is not one a cowardly president would have taken.  Love him, hate him or somewhere in between, I believe he did the right thing today!

With what I know about General Soleimani and how many American Soldies died because of Armor Penitratoring IEDs that were built in Iran and supplied to the Terrorists by our dead General. I think he also did the right thing, but I do feel for the soldiers who are going to be risking their lives very soon. I will bet the Israeli are jumping for joy right now, I am glad their on our side. :D

peace

• Thanks 1

Even thou not a "political" leader he was very political. But it can be argued he was a military leader of a sovereign nation so i think we're in unchartered waters here. 

Well, we can watch these arguments being hashed out.  I'm sure that if fault can be found, our media will jump to do just that.  As a military leader who our intel has told us is responsible for about a thousand U.S. dead, I think most Americans will agree with the action taken against him.  

9 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

It's hard to say, but it's a point. I kinda think we will see in the next few days, if we start to see millions in the streets burning American Flags we will have our answer.

Peace

I already know the answer. Everybody on this planet just wants to live in peace; & will do anything they have to in order to achieve this.. I'm quite sure the vast majority of those murdering Jews in WW2 'deep down' didn't want to!!

Do as you're told & you'll be OK kinda attitude= religion is a good example this attitude IMO

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, and then said:

I have to say that I'm surprised that he didn't have better security.  It looks like he may have considered himself "untouchable" due to his position as IRGC commander and close subordinate to Khamenei.  Ooops...

...man I'm surprised too. i would have thought that a professional like Solimani wouldn't need to gloat about his work and rub it into the Americans with his blasé  and public lack of fear after the embassy attack. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Why don't you tell uncle Risky whats making you so sad. 

anal polyps 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, and then said:

I don't have a link, but Previous Presidents actually had him in their sights using drones, they just didn't have the balls to pull the trigger. All I can say is I am glad  my wife and I are back in the USA, well at least for five or six months. 

Peace

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, and then said:

Well, we can watch these arguments being hashed out.  I'm sure that if fault can be found, our media will jump to do just that.  As a military leader who our intel has told us is responsible for about a thousand U.S. dead, I think most Americans will agree with the action taken against him.  

...and thats all tat matters. I bet the Iranians prolly think that war zone deaths should be left on the battlefield. But doesn't this act of retribution seem a tad outta place. I would expect the Israelis and Russians to do something like this but America? 

anal polyps 

Well one things for sure, General Solimani won't be having that problem.

13 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

...and thats all tat matters. I bet the Iranians prolly think that war zone deaths should be left on the battlefield. But doesn't this act of retribution seem a tad outta place. I would expect the Israelis and Russians to do something like this but America? 

It has been out of character but this guy deserved it AND I believe Trump and his generals wanted to send a strong message about where the "line" is.  Trump doesn't want a war with these people and sending a strong message about our posture and willingness to hit them HARD may be enough to make them think a little longer before they try the "embassy" gambit again.

• Like 2

I already know the answer. Everybody on this planet just wants to live in peace; & will do anything they have to in order to achieve this.. I'm quite sure the vast majority of those murdering Jews in WW2 'deep down' didn't want to!!

Do as you're told & you'll be OK kinda attitude= religion is a good example this attitude IMO

WWII for me is a subject I don't really like to talk about, My father and others members of my extended family fought in the German Army during the war. I have heard a lot of stories first hand, and all I can say is power corrupts. Those who were Killing the Jews did so because they chose to, anyone who blindly follows orders, is guilty of their crimes. My father told me that some didn't follow orders when it came to Crimes Against Humanity, he told me some were shot for it, but most it appears were sent to fight on the Russian Front. 

To make a long story short I do completely agree with you, especially the last sentence where you compare blind Obedience to Religion.:devil:

It's funny how things from years ago can suddenly just pop back into your mind. 

Peace.

21 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

anal polyps 

That really is a pain the ass, wow.:wacko:

peace

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, and then said:

It has been out of character but this guy deserved it AND I believe Trump and his generals wanted to send a strong message about where the "line" is.  Trump doesn't want a war with these people and sending a strong message about our posture and willingness to hit them HARD may be enough to make them think a little longer before they try the "embassy" gambit again.

Certainly a powerful message. Do you think they'll really stop? i don't. 

41 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Certainly a powerful message. Do you think they'll really stop? i don't. 

I don't know but my guess is they'll be judicious in their reprisal.  They aren't stupid.

• Like 1

I think this sends a clear message that we know where you are and can hit you with impunity.  No wringing of hands, no long deliberations.  In typical Trump style, it says 'you hit us and we'll hit back'.  It's important that it happened within 2 days and not 2 months or 2 years.  Other countries, particularly in the Middle East, have come to regard the US as pushovers who they can taunt, tease and humiliate without fear of reprisals.  This lets them know that those days are over.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Much possibility higher on War between Iran and USA than DPRK.

Seems justified, generally, but why not take out the whole Revolutionary Guard?

I won’t be surprised if that’s next.