Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S drone strike kills Iranian General.

spartan max2

48 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

George Bush says otherwise. 

Tell me, has there been a complaint in the United Nations about this latest Population Improvement ? 

An attack on an American Embassy is an act of war by the aggressor.

Haven't heard of any complaints except by the Left and the Iranians....certainly not from the Iraqis in Badgag.

Who knew there were so many Christian Zionists in Bagdad?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TrumanB said:

What is the next step? Attacking Iran and starting the WW3?

N0!  Iran started this conflict!  If it turns into WWIII  ...  which it won't.... we will win it!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

No not WW III, this War is meant to bring about Armageddon, this has been the goal of the Christian Zionists that current surround President Trump. First he declares that Israels capital is Jerusalem, then he moves the US Embassy there. Now he has started a War with Iran. This is the Christian Zionist agenda, to caused conflict in the Middle East which will escalate into the final war, Armageddon.

President Trumps Religious advisers are all Christian Zionist radicals. VP Pence is a Christian Zionist, Secretary of State Mike Pompao is another, well it looks like they all finally got there way. Now all we can do is sit back and watch history unfold.

peace

It's the other way around when Ahmadinejad was president he hardly made a speech without mentioning the 12th Imam the Mahdi, bringer of the end of days, at one point he claimed the Mahdi had returned and was in Tehran.

• Like 4

I don't think this is a move I would have made were I president.  Any Americans that get killed in terror attacks Trump is now responsible for. My brother just got back from a vacation in Northern Africa and the Mid East, how many Americans are in that part of the world right now just trying to enjoy themselves?

• Like 1

The West IS vulnerable to (hypothetical) Iranian terrorist attacks. 

However... Iran is even MORE vulnerable to Western missile/bomb attacks. A relative handful of attacks could destroy Iran's oil industry, and cause the entire country to collapse. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

Kata'ib Hezbollah consitutes "Iraqi officials " ? 

Yes. As I previously explained, KH is part of the Iraqi state. al-Muhandis was head of the PMF as well as of KH. 

George Bush says otherwise. 

The Iraqis are probably a better judge of what violates their agreement with the US than a former president who was long gone by the time those permissions were granted. 

1 hour ago, joc said:

N0!  Iran started this conflict!  If it turns into WWIII  ...  which it won't.... we will win it!

The US, or more specifically Trump, started this with his petty ambition to destroy anything with Obama's name on it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, joc said:

Haven't heard of any complaints except by the Left and the Iranians....certainly not from the Iraqis in Badgag.

Then you aren't paying attention. The Iraqi parliament intends to expel the US from Iraq. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I think the timing was perfect, they attack us lead by the General and we kill him before he gets away.

peace

A couple of days ago, you were convinced Iran was backing off because they were scared of your marines in the embassy. 

If that's true, things were de-escalating. 

You really think Iran will just let the assassination of one of their most beloved figures go? 

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

Is it likely that Iran and Iraq are going to merge ? 

Islam has two major denominations which are the Shia and the Sunni Muslims.

Iran is primarily Shia and has been meddling in Iraq since Saddam was toppled because there are significant Shia areas in the country, although as a whole Iraq is predominantly Sunni. Both countries wont merge, but Iran would like to annex the Shia areas for sure. 

• Like 1

Just now, RabidMongoose said:

Iran is primarily Shia and has been meddling in Iraq since Saddam was toppled because there are significant Shia areas in the country, although as a whole Iraq is predominantly Sunni. Both countries wont merge, but Iran would like to annex the Shia areas for sure. 

Umm.. I think you'll find that Iraq is predonminately Shia, not Sunni ? And it is the Shia areas that have all the resources. (mostly Oil). 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Umm.. I think you'll find that Iraq is predonminately Shia, not Sunni ? And it is the Shia areas that have all the resources. (mostly Oil). 

I just checked and you are right.

Iran is after the Shia areas which are most of Iraq. The Sunnis are the ones that built the ISIS Caliphate. Thats right, I got them the wrong way around.

Edited by RabidMongoose

I think it was a stupid irresponsible move by Trump. 
Let´s hope it does not escalates any further or we might be living the dawn of WW3.

Edited by godnodog

26 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

@RoofGardener

Draw a horizontal line through Baghdad - provinces north of the line are Sunni, south are Shia. 

I doubt we'll see Iran and Iraq formally merge. As the recent demonstrations have shown, Iran is no more popular with the average Iraqi than the US is. But we probably will see further entrenchment of Iranian-aligned figures in government, at the expense of more western friendly figures. 

The US's global influence will continue its nosedive, it seems. 

These CNN analysts give a pretty interesting summary of his recent past crimes.  Again I don't know if this is a move I would have made but it's not as egregious as it first seemed assuming this video is the truth about Soleimani

23 minutes ago, OverSword said:

These CNN analysts give a pretty interesting summary of his recent past crimes.  Again I don't know if this is a move I would have made but it's not as egregious as it first seemed assuming this video is the truth about Soleimani

Same boat.

I think the guy definitely deserved to die.

I just don't think the move is going to accomplish really anything.

Edited by spartan max2

15 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Same boat.

I think the guy definitely deserved to die.

I just don't think the move is going to accomplish really anything.

Well, it "sends a message" to the Supreme Leader of Iran; shoot rockets at us, and we will hurt you. The death of this General will CERTAINLY hurt Iran in general, and the Supreme Leader in particular. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, joc said:

I hope that you won't. What is enough is enough.

2 hours ago, Setton said:

Then you aren't paying attention. The Iraqi parliament intends to expel the US from Iraq. 

Awesome. Two birds, one drone.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Setton said:

Oh REALLY ? Well then.. I just hope that President Trump has the wisdom to respect their decision, and to pull the USA fully out of Iraq. And I mean FULLY... not one boot remaining. Let them sort their own problems out. 

I'd go a bit further, and suggest a gradual wind-down of all operations in the Middle East and North Africa. Remaining will only cause them pain in the longer term. 

"Oh" critics would argue, "but your surrendering American Influence in the region. The Chinese and the Russians will move in". 

To which I would respond: "Let THEM get stuck in the mire. What benefit does the USA get from "influence" in these ****-hole countries" ? 

• Like 2

Just now, RoofGardener said:

Oh REALLY ? Well then.. I just hope that President Trump has the wisdom to respect their decision, and to pull the USA fully out of Iraq. And I mean FULLY... not one boot remaining. Let them sort their own problems out. 

I'd go a bit further, and suggest a gradual wind-down of all operations in the Middle East and North Africa. Remaining will only cause them pain in the longer term. 

"Oh" critics would argue, "but your surrendering American Influence in the region. The Chinese and the Russians will move in". 

To which I would respond: "Let THEM get stuck in the mire. What benefit does the USA get from "influence" in these ****-hole countries" ? 

Good point.

5 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

It's be almost two decades since 2001. 

Have we been at war for two decades?

We have been in the middle East for more then two-thirds of my life.

When is it actually over and what is Trump doing.We pull troops out of Syria but then we drone Iran. 

The war footing lasts as long as the enemy attempt to kill Americans.  The Congress' only "veto" of presidential action in this case is to stop funding for the military.  This animal is responsible for hundreds of dead Americans.  That is fact, not bluster.  He got his ticket punched because he and those around him were arrogant enough to ignore his danger.  I hate to break it to you but wars can last a very long time when the nations involved aren't willing to do what is required to destroy an enemy's will and ability to fight.

3 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Are marshmallows involved ? :o 

Nah... most of us are on a Keto-plan :w00t: