Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S drone strike kills Iranian General.

spartan max2

Since there's zero chance Iran wouldn't do something bad in the future--they've seized oil tankers, launched a drone missile attack on the oil facilities of a sovereign nation--the net result is nothing's changed except for one less enemy general to worry about. That it was death by drone strike was singularly appropriate. I'm sure the irony isn't lost on Tehran.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

...well to be honest i was thinking that this is kinda borderline. Killing leaders, especially covertly really sets a bad precedent. 

Not really.  We're not going into Tehran or Pyongyang to assassinate the top leader.  It was a prudent and preemptive strike to defend American lives.  If you are going to put your queen in danger, don't go complaining when her neck gets lopped off.  What was Soleimani doing on foreign territory in the first place?  It wasn't for a world tour to sell books.  Iran isn't going to retaliate because it will show how inept they are.  Oh, they might try and they may kill a few Americans but it will look bad on them.  If Americans are killed, Trump will retaliate.  It won't be an invasion.  He'll just stand off and swat targets from a distance and Iran won't be able to stop it.  We may need to go through this pattern a couple of times before the Iranian leadership accepts that they are inept.  No one plays tit-for-tat any better than Trump.  He's doing to the Iranians what he's been doing to the Progressives.  Both are ready to pop.  Trump uses the opponent's arrogance against them.

• Like 1

Uncle Sam is now, officially and quite unashamedly, an assassin. Assassin is a glamorous word with overtones of spy fiction. Another word for it is pure and simple murder. If you're happy with your country being a murderer, all the usual suspects in this forum, I don't need to name you, then you can live with it. Just don't lecture all the rest of us about how your country is the moral and ethical leader of the world.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

I too, seem to forget our legislators ever getting the chance to vote on killing  top Iranian officials. 

After the way Trump has been attacked by the Left, the leaks, the Mueller investigation, now impeachment, that he would feel comfortable in confiding in the Prog House?  That is seriously #*!*&^%## up!  If the Left wants consideration, they need to start acting civilly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Uncle Sam is now, officially and quite unashamedly, an assassin. Assassin is a glamorous word with overtones of spy fiction. Another word for it is pure and simple murder. If you're happy with your country being a murderer, all the usual suspects in this forum, I don't need to name you, then you can live with it. Just don't lecture all the rest of us about how your country is the moral and ethical leader of the world.

Iran sponsored a group that fired rockets at Americans. The US responded by killing the person who - ultimately - enabled that attack. It's an undeclared war. And in war, killing opposing soldiers - including senior officers - is NOT assassination. :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

I know I can live with it quite well.  We killed a murderer.  He has taken at least 600 American lives.  Justice finally caught up to the butcher.  This was a righteous kill.  It was the moral thing to do.  It was the ethical thing to do.  Karma is a B*tch!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Apparently an actress called Rose McGown has tweeted apologies to Iran for the attacks.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/rose-mcgowan-twitter-apology-iran-killing-suleimani-usa-held-hostage-terrorist-regime 

Hmm... perhaps she would like to go and LIVE in Iran ? I'm sure she would LOVE their liberal progressive Sharia laws ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Iran sponsored a group that fired rockets at Americans. The US responded by killing the person who - ultimately - enabled that attack. It's an undeclared war. And in war, killing opposing soldiers - including senior officers - is NOT assassination. :) 

It was a blood price exacted for spilling American blood in their proxy missile attack. They're quite familiar with the concept. They over-played their hand encouraging an incursion on our embassy, such an obvious Iranian inspired ploy. They now understand that if they want to kill Americans in Iraq, they, themselves, are not above the fray.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

I know I can live with it quite well.  We killed a murderer.  He has taken at least 600 American lives.  Justice finally caught up to the butcher.  This was a righteous kill.  It was the moral thing to do.  It was the ethical thing to do.  Karma is a B*tch!

Killing is never ethical...or moral. 

1 minute ago, Robotic Jew said:

True. But then.. neither is international "diplomacy". It's all "realpolitic". :) 

Trump is due to address the nation in 2 hours 30 minutes.

There is some speculative talk that maybe he is going to declare war.

Edited by RabidMongoose

2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

I just don't think the move is going to accomplish really anything.

It already has.  It sent the message that the US will no longer tolerate attacks on its embassies.  Sending in the Marines immediately to defend the embassy and then retaliating by taking out the man behind the attack is a wake up call to all the groups who think our lack of response in Benghazi is the norm.  Far from escalating the situation in Iran/Iraq, I think it will cause them to re-evaluate their intentions toward the US.  From the playground on up, the best way to stop a bully is to hit back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

There is some speculative talk that maybe he is going to declare war.

He can't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

Awesome. Two birds, one drone.

And why do you think the Iraqis didn't vote it through in 2019? 

They know that when we leave, they can't take on ISIS. 

Until now they saw ISIS as a bigger threat to peace in Iraq than the US. 

Edited by Setton

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

Oh REALLY ? Well then.. I just hope that President Trump has the wisdom to respect their decision, and to pull the USA fully out of Iraq. And I mean FULLY... not one boot remaining. Let them sort their own problems out. 

I'd go a bit further, and suggest a gradual wind-down of all operations in the Middle East and North Africa. Remaining will only cause them pain in the longer term. 

"Oh" critics would argue, "but your surrendering American Influence in the region. The Chinese and the Russians will move in". 

To which I would respond: "Let THEM get stuck in the mire. What benefit does the USA get from "influence" in these ****-hole countries" ? 

ISIS will move in. And they won't get stuck in the mire, they'll launch more bataclans, more Nices. 

4 hours ago, joc said:

N0!  Iran started this conflict!  If it turns into WWIII  ...  which it won't.... we will win it!

That's quite rich.  The US has been mingling with Iran since the 1950's and has, especially lately with Trump and his Neocon advisors, been constantly at their borders trying to provoke a reaction to escalate a conflict. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Is it likely that Iran and Iraq are going to merge ? 

Yep, they're going to call it Iran-to

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Just don't lecture all the rest of us about how your country is the moral and ethical leader of the world.

Would you like to cite posts where I - or any other American - HAS consistently done so?  To the contrary, it is the rest of the world that demands America to be the source of income and the epitome of restraint.  America needs another Patton, just now.  Here's an idea - don't attempt to kill our citizens that are abroad and you'll live to see the sunrise.  Quite simple, really.  If you are armed and are planning the death of our troops because you feel they are illegitimately in your country then do your worst but don't beetch about it when the Reaper comes calling. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

It's time to cut all the bull with politics, while I don't wish for anymore soldiers to die in foreign conflicts, this is one I can get behind. The Irainians have been the sponsoring International Terrorism since the 1980s, The guy we killed today, General Soleimani has been responsible for almost a thousand American deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan. He was the individual that supplied Alcada with Armor Penitrators built into IEDs. These were very effective against light armored vehicles, so may General Soleimani just be a stain on the concrete.

This is it fellas, either we support our country and our soldiers or we continue with the politics.

Peace

If you would truely 'support your country', you would act against this incessant neocon warring; costing you trillions of dollars, thousands of US lives, as well as your identity.

'Your country' is not 'your political administration / leadership'.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

That's quite rich.  The US has been mingling with Iran since the 1950's and has, especially lately with Trump and his Neocon advisors, been constantly at their borders trying to provoke a reaction to escalate a conflict. 

Oh yeah, like that time when they gutted a Saudi oil refinery and we decapitated their government?  Or when they shot down a 200 million dollar surveillance platform and we sank their Navy?  Your statements don't even bother to sound unbiased or accurate any longer, do they?  Iran will get what they have coming if they strike U.S. troops in the region.  What they should think about is their nuke program and not their rage against Trump.  If they step over the line and launch on our troops then their refineries and nuke sites will be eliminated within a few hours.  THAT is a lot of losses for one evil general, innit?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Actually, it can be.  Soleimani taking the lives of 600 American’s is not ethical but killing their murderer is very ethical and moral.  It stops the murderer from killing again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Phaeton80 said:

If you would truely 'support your country', you would act against this incessant neocon warring; costing you trillions of dollars, thousands of US lives, as well as your identity.

'Your country' is not 'your political administration / leadership'.

Yada, yada, yada, Boo Boo.  Soleimani got careless because of the arrogance of the Iranian leadership.  My guess is that Salami, et al, will learn from that mistake and spend a lot of time underground from now on.  BTW, no one in America beyond the seriously bent Democrat leadership are worrying over Iran or its retribution.  And we certainly aren't sweating negative commentary from the Dutch.

• Like 1

You really do have to wonder if the idiots in Washington who order these things, and probably go completely over the head of the puppet President, aren't the real traitors, who do all they can to sabotage America's chances of accomplishing any kind of a comprehensible policy of relations with other countries.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

Not really.  We're not going into Tehran or Pyongyang to assassinate the top leader.  It was a prudent and preemptive strike to defend American lives.  If you are going to put your queen in danger, don't go complaining when her neck gets lopped off.  What was Soleimani doing on foreign territory in the first place?  It wasn't for a world tour to sell books.  Iran isn't going to retaliate because it will show how inept they are.  Oh, they might try and they may kill a few Americans but it will look bad on them.  If Americans are killed, Trump will retaliate.  It won't be an invasion.  He'll just stand off and swat targets from a distance and Iran won't be able to stop it.  We may need to go through this pattern a couple of times before the Iranian leadership accepts that they are inept.  No one plays tit-for-tat any better than Trump.  He's doing to the Iranians what he's been doing to the Progressives.  Both are ready to pop.  Trump uses the opponent's arrogance against them.

And that's a good thing is it? :P

Didn't you guys vote for his campaign promises of building a wall between the US and Mexico, replacing Obamacare and pulling troops out of the ME?  The current scoreboard shows, he failed, he failed and failed again because although this pr..k deserved it, the assassination of Suleimani has just dug US boots even further into the ground in the ME and if he pulls troops out now it would look more like tucking tail and running.

What he's operatives should have done is hit, run and deny like everyone does.  But gloating about it on Twitter shows you what a poor leader and idiot he is.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Actually, it can be.  Soleimani taking the lives of 600 American’s is not ethical but killing their murderer is very ethical and moral.  It stops the murderer from killing again.

what load of **** are you now blethering? 

• Like 2