Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S drone strike kills Iranian General.

spartan max2

8 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

The ACA required heavy rewrites of multiple laws forcing people to have to pay for coverage.  That is infringement and an abuse of power.  The government is no longer protecting the Rights of the individual.  This is exerting power over the people.

I know its insane that they made people get government insurance! What on earth would the founders say??? 

Whats that? They actually voted for it when they saw the need? Oh well will you look at that? :lol:

Congress Passes Socialized Medicine and Mandates Health Insurance -In 1798 

The ink was barely dry on the PPACA when the first of many lawsuits to block the mandated health insurance provisions of the law was filed in a Florida District Court.

The pleadings, in part, read -

The Constitution nowhere authorizes the United States to mandate, either directly or under threat of penalty, that all citizens and legal residents have qualifying health care coverage.

It turns out, the Founding Fathers would beg to disagree.

In July of 1798, Congress passed – and President John Adams signed - “An Act for the Relief of Sick and Disabled Seamen.” The law authorized the creation of a government operated marine hospital service and mandated that privately employed sailors be required to purchase health care insurance.

Keep in mind that the 5th Congress did not really need to struggle over the intentions of the drafters of the Constitutions in creating this Act as many of its members were the drafters of the Constitution.

And when the Bill came to the desk of President John Adams for signature, I think it’s safe to assume that the man in that chair had a pretty good grasp on what the framers had in mind.

You have to be starting to put it all together by now right ravenhawk? The ways you are being lied to and manipulated?

Edited by Farmer77

11 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

You have to be starting to put it all together by now right ravenhawk? The ways you are being lied to and manipulated?

You're much too hard on yourself.:rolleyes::)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I know its insane that they made people get government insurance! What on earth would the founders say??? 

Whats that? They actually voted for it when they saw the need? Oh well will you look at that? :lol:

Congress Passes Socialized Medicine and Mandates Health Insurance -In 1798 

Gawd!  If somebody labels something “socialize medicine”, doesn’t make it so.  The RSDS is not socialized medicine.  It was more like concierge medicine.  Old women weren’t being charged with pre-natal care.  Catholic nuns were not being forced to pay for abortions.  This was seamen paying for seamen.  In the 18th Century, being a seaman was the Professional Football player of the day (as far as injury goes).  It was perhaps the most dangerous profession there was.  It was “Ice Road Truckers”, “Deadliest Catch”, “Ax Men”, etc. all rolled into one.  Medical care back then amounted to rum and a sharp blade.  And a clean place to dispense both.  When the fleet was *in*, just about every seaman was in need of care of some kind.  Most of the time, they took that care in the form of a bottle and ravaged the town.  It was very similar to the cowboys bringing the heard into town.  They are looking for ways to relax and recoup.  And the town would become the object they used to accomplish that.  So requiring seamen to help carry the load of their burden was prudent, not socialized.  20 cents was not much.  in the 1700s, a seaman could earn from about 5 shillings to over 100 (at least).  It’s difficult to gage a single standard, but 1 pound sterling was about 5 dollars then.  So in many cases, the fee was nominal.

Oh I put it together a long time ago.  I realize that there are others that aren’t as enlightened.  It usually only takes a little time.  So why don’t you join the rest of us?

Edited by RavenHawk
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

How did we get here, I thought this thread was about drone strikes on our enemies. 

Peace.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

How did we get here, I thought this thread was about drone strikes on our enemies. 

Peace.

It’s just the nature of the beast.  You can always count on a tangent having a life of its own.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, South Alabam said:

Defense Secretary Mark Esper Says He 'Didn't See' Evidence That 4 U.S. Embassies Were Under Threat From Iran

https://time.com/5763480/trump-dissent-iran-threats/

Now just watch. This will be the next person expelled from the Trump Administration.

That's the way to keep this thread on track.

peace.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, South Alabam said:

Defense Secretary Mark Esper Says He 'Didn't See' Evidence That 4 U.S. Embassies Were Under Threat From Iran

https://time.com/5763480/trump-dissent-iran-threats/

Now just watch. This will be the next person expelled from the Trump Administration.

Correct.  He didn’t see four.  He might have seen only 3 (with the forth being an outbuilding) or 5 or more.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Gawd!  If somebody labels something “socialize medicine”, doesn’t make it so.  The RSDS is not socialized medicine.  It was more like concierge medicine.  Old women weren’t being charged with pre-natal care.  Catholic nuns were not being forced to pay for abortions.  This was seamen paying for seamen.  In the 18th Century, being a seaman was the Professional Football player of the day (as far as injury goes).  It was perhaps the most dangerous profession there was.  It was “Ice Road Truckers”, “Deadliest Catch”, “Ax Men”, etc. all rolled into one.  Medical care back then amounted to rum and a sharp blade.  And a clean place to dispense both.  When the fleet was *in*, just about every seaman was in need of care of some kind.  Most of the time, they took that care in the form of a bottle and ravaged the town.  It was very similar to the cowboys bringing the heard into town.  They are looking for ways to relax and recoup.  And the town would become the object they used to accomplish that.  So requiring seamen to help carry the load of their burden was prudent, not socialized.  20 cents was not much.  in the 1700s, a seaman could earn from about 5 shillings to over 100 (at least).  It’s difficult to gage a single standard, but 1 pound sterling was about 5 dollars then.  So in many cases, the fee was nominal.

Oh I put it together a long time ago.  I realize that there are others that aren’t as enlightened.  It usually only takes a little time.  So why don’t you join the rest of us?

In other words but but but here let me distract you  :lol:

Well done!

• Haha 1

State Department security officials weren't notified of 'imminent' threats to US embassies

State Department officials involved in US embassy security were not made aware of imminent threats to four specific US embassies, two State Department officials tell CNN, further undermining President Donald Trump's claims that the top Iranian general he ordered killed earlier this month posed an imminent threat to the diplomatic outposts.

Without knowledge of any alleged threats, the State Department didn't issue warnings about specific dangers to any US embassy before the administration targeted Qasem Soleimani, Iran's second most powerful official, according to the sources.

Edited by Farmer77

On 1/11/2020 at 7:50 PM, third_eye said:

Yes, it's all amerikanner to me, Red, Blue or White... Innocent people you say? Yeah, you're the most evil of the lot, dreadfully hypocritical, lawless thugs, you and those like you are the the reason your country is the most hated of the century, and innocent Americans suffer along with the world. 

You'll find, Third, that in this new year, I won't be wasting any time arguing or becoming angry with your statements.  I actually appreciate that in your anger and disgust, you allow your real feelings about my country to bubble to the surface.  The dodge that I am somehow not representative of Americans is simply risible.  

I can honestly say this, in answer to your hate.  I have never hated anyone enough to be on the side of someone like Soleimani.  That you try to minimize his actions by obscuring your feelings in an attack on me is not lost on anyone here.  You're only kidding yourself.  Oh, BTW, for a country that is so evil and hated by the world, we certainly aren't lacking millions who want to come here to escape places like... your country.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/8/2020 at 2:41 AM, Black Red Devil said:

LOL, are you living in your own imaginary world or something? 

You don’t pay attention to what you read or listen to what others say.

You can try to twist history as much as you want but what happened and was recorded by the principal protagonists remains.  Both the CIA have disclosed  and admitted their involvement in Operation Ajax by releasing the documents of the event

I’m not denying that Ajax occurred.  Just showing that you don’t listen.

and Kermit Roosevelt Jr, head of the Middle East Dept of the CIA at the time, in his book he later wrote, Countercoop: The Struggle for the Control of Iran. 

What was that?  KR even called it a counter coup.  The rightful power was not removed but defended.  It was not an overthrow.  Mosaddeq was never elected by the people.

Both recount how they helped overthrow Mossadegh and put Pahlavi, the future Shia in charge.  The coup was attempted twice, the first time Roosevelt failed but succeeded in the second.  British Intelligence was also involved in the coup,  but the main protagonist was Roosevelt,  head of the Middle East Dept of the CIA and they named the Operation Ajax.

Pahlavi was not the future Shah.  He *WAS* the Shah.  He was the one that appointed Mosaddeq as PM.  So does the following quote not phase you?  Did you even read it the first time?  Do you even comprehend what it says?

The appointment and dismissal of Ministers is effected by virtue of the Royal Decree of the King.

Now ignore what I said and keep dreaming of your own little perfect world that Hollywood built for you

It’s easy to ignore someone who is so consistently wrong but I try to make an exception in your case with some things.

where Americans did nothing to influence Foreign Policies around the world during the cold war era, it was always and only those evil Commies from the Soviet Union that were involved in all the upheavals in the Middle East, Central and South America, South East Asia etc. in the 50's, 60's 70's and 80's. Better that you keep dreaming buddy because if you ever do awake it might be traumatic.

I don’t know what that has to do with anything??  In order keep up with the Soviets and China, etc., of course we influence other nations.  Sometimes covertly and other times, overtly.  Now Ajax prevented a coup that would have brought Iran into the Soviet realm of influence.  And when the Iranian regime collapses, they may not be so chummy with Russia.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, and then said:

You'll find, Third, that in this new year, I won't be wasting any time arguing or becoming angry with your statements.  I actually appreciate that in your anger and disgust, you allow your real feelings about my country to bubble to the surface.  The dodge that I am somehow not representative of Americans is simply risible.  

Be real, you know as well as many that you not only claim to be much more than Americans, you practically claim to be America.

Unlike you I don't hate, though I do have a strong distaste for what you are saying and doing, but then, you're hardly America, not even a little bit American at times, but there you go. 

~

I can honestly say this, in answer to your hate.  I have never hated anyone enough to be on the side of someone like Soleimani.  That you try to minimize his actions by obscuring your feelings in an attack on me is not lost on anyone here. 

But you're fine with siding with war criminals, unlawful killing, lawlessness as well as lies that happily puts the lives of many in danger, regardless of nationalities, just so you can side with an individual that's being proven to lie and break laws just out of spite and self personal gain. 

Not very Christian suddenly is it? 

~

You're only kidding yourself.  Oh, BTW, for a country that is so evil and hated by the world, we certainly aren't lacking millions who want to come here to escape places like... your country.  

Yeah, you can have all the corrupt and criminals you invite and welcome, your country is already known as the Paradise for deposed and propped up dictators, despotic thugs and outright murderers of entire populations running from law, all protected by weapons of great massive destruction, as well as all the most devastating weapons ranging from the smallest to the heaviest, all for a handful of cash, carry on....

~

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, third_eye said:

Be real, you know as well as many that you not only claim to be much more than Americans, you practically claim to be America.

:rofl:

• Like 2

the pattern begins anew:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

the pattern begins anew:

Yes, the pattern begins anew.  Your Pavlovian hatred of Trump is so predictable.  It reminds me of that episode of Star Trek, “The Outrageous Okona”, where Data was exploring humor and he had programmed the holodeck audience to favorably respond to his standup comic scenario, even a tick he’d make with his arms would get laughter.  The difference is that eventually he understood and learned what he was doing wrong.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

In other words but but but here let me distract you  :lol:

Well done!

Heaven forbid that facts distract from your fantasy.

but, but, but …

• Like 1

On 1/5/2020 at 4:44 PM, Black Red Devil said:

Rubbish.  Only fanatical voters stick by someone that hasn't achieved a single Campaign promise, or at least none of the major ones he promised in 2016.  You live in a Democracy and if one leader fails to achieve his promised objectives, you move onto the next.  What if he fails again by 2024?  What do you say then, 'Oh, well it was his last term anyway!'  Yeah and another 4 years down the drain.  Failing all your major objectives means **you failed**, at least in my book.

Fanatical hatred prevents people from seeing the facts.  Trump’s voters see what he has done and from his performance to date, will ensure his reelection.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/trump-administration-accomplishments/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/trumps-list-289-accomplishments-in-just-20-months-relentless-promise-keeping

Granted, many of these may not be campaign promises.  As Trump had stated, he’s kept more promises than he made.  Can you imagine what he’ll accomplish in his second term?  It is after all, traditional to wait until the man is out of office to determine if he failed or not.  And he could quit now and be one of the most successful Presidents we’ve ever had.  It’s not as if, he made campaign promises and have reneged on them.  He hit the ground running trying to get things done.  He’s learning how to fight the Deep State.  If Trump wins the popular vote as well as the EC, and/or the Republicans retake the House, the pressure will be on Congress to finish the wall and solve healthcare.  I suspect he will also look at student loans and rebuilding the American family.  I think we are real close to break throughs with China and Iran.  I think China has already determined that Trump will win.  That is why they are signing a preliminary trade deal now.  I also think Iran is near breaking and regime change (without us having to invade).  The Persian people and Americans have always had a special relationship.  It is time we get past bad feelings and move forward.  And then we’ll see a pull out of US troops from the region.  Trump has shown that he has good instincts on a variety of issues.  He knows how far to push things.  He is relentless at putting pressure on the MSM and the Left.  So much so that their TDS is kicking into overdrive.  This impeachment is their latest debacle.  No one can take that kind of pressure for this long without breaking.

BTW, we do not live in a Democracy, it is a Constitutional Republic.  Good thing you don’t write books.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, and then said:

I can honestly say this, in answer to your hate.  I have never hated anyone enough to be on the side of someone like Soleimani.  That you try to minimize his actions by obscuring your feelings in an attack on me is not lost on anyone here.  You're only kidding yourself.  Oh, BTW, for a country that is so evil and hated by the world, we certainly aren't lacking millions who want to come here to escape places like... your country.  

Hahahahahahaha...but you are on the side of child killers, Israel.

As for escaping own countries, what choice does one have when you build your future on someone elses myserie? When you impose rulers who will work for your country and not for their own? When you depose presidents and declare them terrorists just because they do not want to dance according to your music?

Why,WHY, do we have this sheeet in Iran? Because of your actions 50 -60 yeats ago.

Cause and effect.

49 minutes ago, odas said:

Why,WHY, do we have this sheeet in Iran? Because of your actions 50 -60 yeats ago.

Cause and effect.

Yes, cause and effect.  It’s closer to 41 years ago when Carter refused to support the Shah.  That led to the current regime and to Saddam.  And the instability that led to Bin Laden.  We have had multiple opportunities in guiding the Middle East toward stability but we keep fncking it up.  The last best chance was the surge under Bush.  That was later mismanaged in such a way that it looked like a mess (ISIS) we could never get out of.  Now here comes Trump and he has a different take.  He has retaken the initiative and has returned a chance of stability so that we can gracefully pull out and effectively erase the past 41 years.

Edited by RavenHawk
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Yes, the pattern begins anew.  Your Pavlovian hatred of Trump is so predictable.  It reminds me of that episode of Star Trek, “The Outrageous Okona”, where Data was exploring humor and he had programmed the holodeck audience to favorably respond to his standup comic scenario, even a tick he’d make with his arms would get laughter.  The difference is that eventually he understood and learned what he was doing wrong.

Well at least in this post you are aware that you're talking about a fantasy world your brain resides in. :tu: Progress?

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Yes, cause and effect.  It’s closer to 41 years ago when Carter refused to support the Shah.  That led to the current regime and to Saddam.  And the instability that led to Bin Laden.  We have had multiple opportunities in guiding the Middle East toward stability but we keep fncking it up.  The last best chance was the surge under Bush.  That was later mismanaged in such a way that it looked like a mess (ISIS) we could never get out of.  Now here comes Trump and he has a different take.  He has retaken the initiative and has returned a chance of stability so that we can gracefully pull out and effectively erase the past 41 years.

It did not start with Carter. That was just a major effect on what was done before and we all can feel the effects to this day. Read up on Iranian oil, UK and USA after WWII.

On 1/14/2020 at 1:56 AM, Farmer77 said:

the pattern begins anew:

I'd suggest asking the CIA. If they agree, or refuse to say anything, then that backs Trump. If any of them puts forward that there was no evidence of such future actions.... Then you have a case.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I'd suggest asking the CIA. If they agree, or refuse to say anything, then that backs Trump. If any of them puts forward that there was no evidence of such future actions.... Then you have a case.

While human lives are nothing to play with I cant claim to be all outraged and whatnot about the story.

Yes if it was a wag the dog thing we should rub his nose it it a little, and yes im sick of being lied to,  but really im meh about it overall. 

• Like 2

On 1/14/2020 at 11:31 AM, odas said:

but you are on the side of child killers, Israel.

Hmmm... was the Fogel infant not worthy of life?  When Israel's actions kill innocent civilians it is never premeditated.  Palestinian fighters TARGET the vulnerable and do so randomly.  That you never condemn them shows who you are at heart.  The ends justifies the means is an evil as old as Cain.