Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
spartan max2

U.S drone strike kills Iranian General.

767 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Setton

Soleimani was an out and out b****** and the world is better without him. 

Can't think of a much worse time to kill him than right now though. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat

He looked more scary than a Bond villain.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TrumanB

What is the next step? Attacking Iran and starting the WW3?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Red Devil

Soleimani was responsible for approximately 600 ally deaths, not thousands of American soldiers.  Still a significant number of casualties so good riddance, but then again, why are troops still there?  Wasn't one of Trumps election promises he'd pull all troops out? 

Now lets see what sort of reaction is going to come out of Tehran and Baghdad.  I doubt Iran will do anything directly but Americans stationed in Iraq are risking big time. Their President called it an assassination so don't expect any applause's from him.  Trump is trying to consolidate strong leadership with his faithful and turn the opinions of swing voters due to the impeachment accusations but in the end he's broken or failed to fulfill another campaign promise and if this turns into another Iraqi war he's going to regret it and so are the families of dead soldiers.  Let's see how this unfolds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RAyMO
25 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

What is the next step? Attacking Iran and starting the WW3?

First of all I will openly say I have limited knowledge of the middle east situation. So I offer no analysis of what happens next nor what should happen. 

Questions though I read this earlier:

"Iraq will hold an emergency parliament session on Saturday to discuss the US airstrike in Baghdad that killed Iran’s top military commander and Iraqi officials, Reuters reports. Iraq’s deputy parliament speaker, Hassan al-Kaabi, said it was time to put an end to US recklessness and arrogance, adding that Saturday’s session would be dedicated to taking “decisive decisions that put an end to US presence inside Iraq.

The outgoing prime minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi had called for an emergency session, saying the US presence in Iraq is limited to training forces to fight terrorism. He described the attack that killed Qassem Suleimani and the Iraqi officials as a “violation” of conditions for the US troop presence."

How prevalent is the Deputy speakers view, is it likely the parliament will act as he wishes?

Does the parliament even have the power to do what he wants?

If the parliament does decide to back his call - will America accede, if the USA doesn't what are the implications?

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn

well done the US & POTUS.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
12 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

First of all I will openly say I have limited knowledge of the middle east situation. So I offer no analysis of what happens next nor what should happen. 

Questions though I read this earlier:

"Iraq will hold an emergency parliament session on Saturday to discuss the US airstrike in Baghdad that killed Iran’s top military commander and Iraqi officials, Reuters reports. Iraq’s deputy parliament speaker, Hassan al-Kaabi, said it was time to put an end to US recklessness and arrogance, adding that Saturday’s session would be dedicated to taking “decisive decisions that put an end to US presence inside Iraq.

The outgoing prime minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi had called for an emergency session, saying the US presence in Iraq is limited to training forces to fight terrorism. He described the attack that killed Qassem Suleimani and the Iraqi officials as a “violation” of conditions for the US troop presence."

How prevalent is the Deputy speakers view, is it likely the parliament will act as he wishes?

Does the parliament even have the power to do what he wants?

If the parliament does decide to back his call - will America accede, if the USA doesn't what are the implications?

US forces are only legally in Iraq at the request of the Iraqi Government. That government raised the possibility of expelling coalition troops at the start of 2019 but it didn't go anywhere. 

The assassination of Soleimani is in violation of the conditions of coalition presence (we are there only to fight ISIS). I expect the parliament will now vote to expel the coalition. 

Then either the US ignores that and illegally occupies parts of Iraq, leading to a much worse conflict than the Iraq war. Or, the coalition withdraws and we will have lost our presence in Syria AND Iraq in the space of a few months. ISIS will exploit this newfound freedom and prepare to retake Northern Iraq. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
5 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I don't have a link, but Previous Presidents actually had him in their sights using drones, they just didn't have the balls to pull the trigger. All I can say is I am glad  my wife and I are back in the USA, well at least for five or six months. 

Peace

Or they had the good sense not to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
6 hours ago, and then said:

I don't recall the article in our Constitution that gives them a veto on the CiC's decisions in wartime.  Care to cite it?

You're not at war. Yet. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
7 hours ago, and then said:

I don't recall the article in our Constitution that gives them a veto on the CiC's decisions in wartime.  Care to cite it?

It's be almost two decades since 2001. 

Have we been at war for two decades?

We have been in the middle East for more then two-thirds of my life.

When is it actually over and what is Trump doing.We pull troops out of Syria but then we drone Iran. 

Edited by spartan max2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Great Old Man

Really big news

In Korea online community forum, everybody says that "again again" all day long

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Great Old Man

probably North Kim also fears that "drone strike incident"

everytime, everywhere, we can shoot you down

 if i were North King, I would cry like a baby

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster

Real or a fake prelude to war?

In my opinion who cares, the Iranians have needed doing for the last 20 years. Sky News is today reporting a build up of British Forces and military assets in the Middle East. War is coming. We dont do that unless we are preparing to launch or defend against an attack.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener

Hmm.. lets take a step backwards here..... 

  1. General General Qassim Soleimani is head of the Republican Guards Quds Force. This is the division responsible for "extraterritorial operations" .. e.g. sponsoring terrorist and insurgency groups in other countries, including assisting with terrorist attacks. 
  2. He was travelling within Iraq, meeting the heads of other insurgency groups.
  3. He has - as head of the Quds Force - - been responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American soldiers. 
  4. The Quds Force is part of the Republican Guard, which has been designated as a terrorist organisation by the US Government. 
  5. The Quds Force are already the subject of a Presidential Finding by George Bush, in which both Special Operations Command and the CIA where authorised to attack them. 

This last item might be of interest to all those asserting that the President Trump's attack order was illegal. 

Now, this - to my way of thinking - is a "double whammy". Not only has the head of a large, organised terrorist group been taken out, but also a close friend and confident of Iran's Supreme Leader, Ali Khamenei. Right now, Ali Khamenei must be feeling rather lonely. This - in effect - constitutes a psychological attack on the Supreme Leader, and may result in a more cautious approach from the Iranian command authority. 

It also sends a message to other Quds Force commanders: "don't step out of your country, or you may get killed". 

I can only hope - probably in vain - that Soleimani's replacement is also assassinated by the Americans... IN IRAN ! I know that is beyond the US's capabilities, but wouldn't it JUST send shivers down the Ayatollah's spines ? 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
2 hours ago, Setton said:

Or they had the good sense not to.

You know, this guy was really a bad guy, that's not conjecture, that's not my opinion, he has been responsible for for killing close to hundred thousand people world wide do to Terrorist activities.  If you wish to condone that fine with me, but it doesn't really matter at this point because he is dead.

peace

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
23 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

You know, this guy was really a bad guy, that's not conjecture, that's not my opinion, he has been responsible for for killing close to hundred thousand people world wide do to Terrorist activities.  If you wish to condone that fine with me, but it doesn't really matter at this point because he is dead.

peace

See post #51. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
40 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm.. lets take a step backwards here..... 

  1. General General Qassim Soleimani is head of the Republican Guards Quds Force. This is the division responsible for "extraterritorial operations" .. e.g. sponsoring terrorist and insurgency groups in other countries, including assisting with terrorist attacks. 
  2. He was travelling within Iraq, meeting the heads of other insurgency groups.
  3. He has - as head of the Quds Force - - been responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American soldiers. 
  4. The Quds Force is part of the Republican Guard, which has been designated as a terrorist organisation by the US Government. 
  5. The Quds Force are already the subject of a Presidential Finding by George Bush, in which both Special Operations Command and the CIA where authorised to attack them. 

This last item might be of interest to all those asserting that the President Trump's attack order was illegal. 

Now, this - to my way of thinking - is a "double whammy". Not only has the head of a large, organised terrorist group been taken out, but also a close friend and confident of Iran's Supreme Leader, Ali Khamenei. Right now, Ali Khamenei must be feeling rather lonely. This - in effect - constitutes a psychological attack on the Supreme Leader, and may result in a more cautious approach from the Iranian command authority. 

It also sends a message to other Quds Force commanders: "don't step out of your country, or you may get killed". 

I can only hope - probably in vain - that Soleimani's replacement is also assassinated by the Americans... IN IRAN ! I know that is beyond the US's capabilities, but wouldn't it JUST send shivers down the Ayatollah's spines ? 

A couple of points:

1. The Quds Force is not a terrorist group by anyone's definitions except the US. 

2. As I have already explained to you, he was not meeting insurgency leaders, he was meeting Iraqi officials. 

3. The illegality of the assassination rests on the fact that the US has no authority to carry out such an attack in Iraq. It is a violation of international and Iraqi law, not US law. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
3 hours ago, TrumanB said:

What is the next step? Attacking Iran and starting the WW3?

No not WW III, this War is meant to bring about Armageddon, this has been the goal of the Christian Zionists that current surround President Trump. First he declares that Israels capital is Jerusalem, then he moves the US Embassy there. Now he has started a War with Iran. This is the Christian Zionist agenda, to caused conflict in the Middle East which will escalate into the final war, Armageddon.

President Trumps Religious advisers are all Christian Zionist radicals. VP Pence is a Christian Zionist, Secretary of State Mike Pompao is another, well it looks like they all finally got there way. Now all we can do is sit back and watch history unfold.

peace

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener

Attacking Iran would NOT bring about WW3. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
10 minutes ago, Setton said:

See post #51. 

I think the timing was perfect, they attack us lead by the General and we kill him before he gets away.

peace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
3 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Attacking Iran would NOT bring about WW3. 

Maybe not, but I know the Christian Zionists that advise President Trump are very happy, because this is one step closer to their agenda which is Armageddon, I bet they are saying right now Burn Baby Burn.:D

peace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
14 minutes ago, Setton said:

A couple of points:

1. The Quds Force is not a terrorist group by anyone's definitions except the US. 

Well, they SHOULD be ! Their beards alone are a crime ! 

14 minutes ago, Setton said:

2. As I have already explained to you, he was not meeting insurgency leaders, he was meeting Iraqi officials. 

Kata'ib Hezbollah consitutes "Iraqi officials " ? 

15 minutes ago, Setton said:

3. The illegality of the assassination rests on the fact that the US has no authority to carry out such an attack in Iraq. It is a violation of international and Iraqi law, not US law. 

George Bush says otherwise. 

Tell me, has there been a complaint in the United Nations about this latest Population Improvement ? 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender

 

Christine Zionist Broadcasting Center Washington DC:

BREAKING NEWS ------ There is currently a Bonfire on the White House Lawn, and From all reports coming in it appears that the Christian Zionist Faction in the White House is Dancing around it in the Moon Light-----------:w00t::devil:

Stay Tuned for more Breaking News:

peace

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
36 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Maybe not, but I know the Christian Zionists that advise President Trump are very happy, because this is one step closer to their agenda which is Armageddon, I bet they are saying right now Burn Baby Burn.:D

peace

Yeah well, as long as they are doing it in their basements, with the curtains drawn, let them mutter to their hearts content :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
26 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

 

Christine Zionist Broadcasting Center Washington DC:

BREAKING NEWS ------ There is currently a Bonfire on the White House Lawn, and From all reports coming in it appears that the Christian Zionist Faction in the White House is Dancing around it in the Moon Light-----------:w00t::devil:

Stay Tuned for more Breaking News:

peace

Are marshmallows involved ? :o 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.