Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery pneumonia virus (COVID-2019) in China

Still Waters

4 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

You’re not reading the NIH study I posted above, about the cause of most of the deaths in the 1918 pandemic. It said that it wasn’t the pandemic virus that killed most of the patients, but the resulting bacterial infections, which were likely predominately pneumococcal.

What’s the point of confusing people here about the reported predominant cause of the deaths?  If you don’t understand what you’re reading, or you don’t understand the explanation, just say so.

Hey Raptor Witness, thanks for the responce. First of all the Coronavirus 2019 is not related to the Rhinovirus ( Fluvirus ) and it has little to nothing in common to the 1918 Pandemic Virus. Currently with this Novel Virus the causes of pneumonia are Viral not Bacterial. It appears that this Virus is genetically related to Bats, not a Snakes like it was thought earlier this year. 

I am not trying to confuse anyone, and I don't think you are either. But your comparison to the 1918 pandemic is also very confusing since it is not related to this Virus. I think you should do a little more research before making the comparisons your making. 

Peace

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

Hey Raptor Witness, thanks for the responce. First of all the Coronavirus 2019 is not related to the Rhinovirus ( Fluvirus ) and it has little to nothing in common to the 1918 Pandemic Virus. Currently with this Novel Virus the causes of pneumonia are Viral not Bacterial. It appears that this Virus is genetically related to Bats, not a Snakes like it was thought earlier this year. 

I am not trying to confuse anyone, and I don't think you are either. But your comparison to the 1918 pandemic is also very confusing since it is not related to this Virus. I think you should do a little more research before making the comparisons your making. 

Peace

Here's a link for you.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2Fnovel-coronavirus-2019.html

Related:

Killer plague game tops app charts

"An app that tasks users with spreading a deadly virus around the world has skyrocketed in popularity in China amid the coronavirus outbreak.

"On Wednesday, eight years after its release, the game became the bestselling app in China.

"Some players have suggested people were downloading the game as a way to cope with fears surrounding the virus."

At the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51222796

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Related:

Killer plague game tops app charts

"An app that tasks users with spreading a deadly virus around the world has skyrocketed in popularity in China amid the coronavirus outbreak.

"On Wednesday, eight years after its release, the game became the bestselling app in China.

"Some players have suggested people were downloading the game as a way to cope with fears surrounding the virus."

At the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51222796

Thats a real scary thought, let's hope they are down loading this app to cope with their fears. However, in reality to date while many people have become sick, the only people dying from this Virus are those with a compromised immune system or those who have been currently ill from other illnesses. So far it doesn't appear that this Virus is killing health individuals like the 1918 Pandemic did. For this we can all be great full. Because even after all these years another out break like the one that occurred in 1918 could create a death toll like no other from a Virus. Especially since the World today is so interconnected, unlike it was in 1918,

Last, throughout this thread some members have been comparing this Virus to The Influenza Virus which it is not. This Virus is far more deadly and it is from the same Virus family that the SARS Virus and the MERS Virus came from which makes up the Coronavirus family. 

Peace

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Peace

This new virus also infects the lungs, like the flu, correct? What allows bacteria to become a problem in the lungs, which are attacked by a virus? Shedding and dead lung tissue, viral debris, etc ....

My question, was if vaccination against the resulting bacteria would contribute to the other killer in these dual infections, that being the cytokine storms.

For example I had previously read that patients in 1918 with a stronger immune response in the pandemic, were actually more likely to die, because their lungs filled up with fluid as part of the cytokine storm, but whether the storm was due to the flu virus or the subsequent bacteria, or the combination of the two is unclear to me, since I don’t recall hearing or reading about a hypothesis on that question.

The question now becomes, what is responsible for the deaths in this new potential pandemic? I wonder how long till we find this out? I’d like to know now, rather than 90 years later.

Edited by Raptor Witness

42 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

This new virus also infects the lungs, like the flu, correct? What allows bacteria to become a problem in the lungs, which are attacked by a virus? Shedding and dead lung tissue, viral debris, etc ....

My question, was if vaccination against the resulting bacteria would contribute to the other killer in these dual infections, that being the cytokine storms.

For example I had previously read that patients in 1918 with a stronger immune response in the pandemic, were actually more likely to die, because their lungs filled up with fluid as part of the cytokine storm, but whether the storm was due to the flu virus or the subsequent bacteria, or the combination of the two is unclear to me, since I don’t recall hearing or reading about a hypothesis on that question.

The question now becomes, what is responsible for the deaths in this new potential pandemic? I wonder how long till we find this out? I’d like to know now, rather than 90 years later.

So far all the deaths that have occurred have been people who either suffered from immunodeficiency, or we're currently ill from other sicknesses like cancer or such. To date no one with a strong immune system has died, but that is as far as it goes with the current situation. They still haven't released the exact causes of death yet. But one thing they have talked about is that the form of pneumonia is Viral not Bacterial, at least that's what they saying now.

Peace

• Thanks 1

France has confirmed the first two cases of coronavirus in Europe following an outbreak of the deadly disease in China

The two confirmed cases were announced by the French health minister Agnes Buzyn.

She said one patient has been hospitalised in Paris and the other in the southwestern city of Bordeaux.

The health minister told a news conference these were the first two confirmed cases in Europe and that more cases were likely to occur in France.

More

The total number of confirmed cases outside China isnt that huge yet but the global distribution of the virus is quite fast. Its very different to the volume of spread of the Ebola virus because the number of travellers out of Sierra Leone/Guinea/Liberia is much less than the number of travellers out of China. Lets cross fingers.

• Like 2

Situation became much worse, more than 90,000 people are infected in Wuhan.

Chinese government try to whitewash the truth.

also according to  godon.chang's twitter

A virologist in #Wuhan reports the government there has become paralyzed and has lost the ability to fight the coronavirus outbreak. This person believes Beijing is also incapable and is therefore appealing to the international community for immediate help. #China #WuhanOutbreak
Edited by Great Old Man
  • Sad 1

On 1/20/2020 at 9:42 AM, Fabula Omnium said:

Virus breakout

With all of the events regarding China politics. It seems interesting as the protests have slowed down. This has rised. More likely than not these protestors and anyone near the neighboring cities will become into a state of panic. The government is going to give relief efforts subsequently gaining back popular opinion. I think china has released this virus to stop all protests.

Turning a Biological agent loose on their own population would be...uh... counterproductive, don't you think?  I mean, yeah they're known for being willing to allow huge numbers to die but bio agents can get out of control and cause serious damage to their own country.  

On 1/20/2020 at 1:38 PM, Raptor Witness said:

I don’t think you understand the hypothesis. It’s not a virus that you’re being vaccinated against in these pneumonia shots, and it’s the subsequent bacterial infection, after you get the virus, that you would be vaccinated against.

The pneumonia was just opportunistic.  It helped take weakened people down as one of the mechanisms but it was the massive immune reaction of young, healthy individuals that killed and killed quickly in most cases.

9 hours ago, toast said:

The total number of confirmed cases outside China isnt that huge yet but the global distribution of the virus is quite fast.

True.  Notice how reluctant any world body is to take quick, meaningful action to isolate and stop transmission.  This bug may be deadly in the conventional sense yet not be a huge pandemic that kills millions.  But how do they KNOW it won't?  And if they don't KNOW, think of how insane it is to just keep hoping for the best.  Once it has spread, too late to stop it.

• Like 1

First confirmed case in Melbourne , Australia 
2020 has been a **** year 
Prepping well and truly saved us .
First we had the fires and then floods and a few nights ago was a dreadful dust storm and now the coronavirus

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/victorian-case-of-coronavirus-confirmed/news-story/3ff9db31c99434df33720c9f74417885

A case of the deadly coronavirus has been confirmed in Victoria.

The Sunday Herald Sun has learned the person returned to Melbourne from Wuhan in China last week.

Health Minister Jenny Mikakos confirmed the first case of coronavirus in Australia is a Chinese national in his 50s who had returned to Melbourne from Wuhan in China on January 19.

He is currently in isolation at the Monash Hospital in Clayton.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/23/2020 at 6:01 AM, Raptor Witness said:

It said that it wasn’t the pandemic virus that killed most of the patients, but the resulting bacterial infections, which were likely predominately pneumococcal.

This begs the question though, would a bacterial infection have been likely had not the virus weakened the host first?  Yes, the bacterial impact was the mechanism that snuffed out the candle but the flu got the ball rolling.  FWIW, I agree that any hedge against the pneumonia would be a positive.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, and then said:

The pneumonia was just opportunistic.  It helped take weakened people down as one of the mechanisms but it was the massive immune reaction of young, healthy individuals that killed and killed quickly in most cases.

The cytokine storms killed the age range from 20-40, but oddly, only after the virus had already peaked in the body, which could mean that it was the resulting bacterial infections, which led to these storms.

I wonder if perhaps the potent virus somehow primed the immune system, causing the curious over reactions when the bacteria moved in.

• Like 1

Australia and Malaysia have both reported their first cases and France now has 3 confirmed. Japan also has 3 confirmed.

https://abc7ny.com/health/coronavirus-kills-41-sickens-1200-as-more-countries-report-cases/5878259/?fbclid=IwAR3JWJ_r_Sdd37Ow3RhUZCwO1iJ0KhlpX68XRPrv1BQJ0BI_Rtzkt5ejApM

Edited by susieice
  • Sad 1

Yeah now that they got the geonome of it they will be able to make a vaccine 

• Like 1

Since it doesnt seem like it has been mentioned China has put 15 cities on total lockdown numbering about 41 million people, might be 16 as I'm not sure if Shantou which went on lockdown not too long ago is part of that list or not.  Seems that number will be rising soon as communities considered at risk in Jiangxi province have been ordered to be locked down and quarantined.

Hong Kong health workers are demanding that the government stop all travel from the mainland or they will take action themselves.

Lastly America is starting to evacuate all citizens from Wuhan.  

• Sad 1

A fifth case has now been confirmed in Arizona. The patient is a student at Arizona State University. The video is not in sync with the report.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/3rd-us-case-coronavirus-confirmed-death-toll-rises/story?id=68541719

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/26/world/china-coronavirus.html

status of Korea)

four people are already infected,

and additional suspicious patients are more than three.

I heard that more than 6000 people of Wuhan comes to Korea for escaping.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• The title was changed to Mystery pneumonia virus (COVID-2019) in China