Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery pneumonia virus (COVID-2019) in China

Still Waters

1 hour ago, Great Old Man said:

I heard that more than 6000 people of Wuhan comes to Korea for escaping.

Reportedly, 5 million people escaped from Wuhan before the lockdown.

Like bats leaving the bowels of the earth ... they fly to all corners of the globe, carrying their 5% mortality rate with them.

It may already be too late for the United States to stop all air travel, as I recommended here, when the Destroying Angel called out to me.

Harvard Prof. Dr. Eric Feigl-Ding claims that this disease isn't from Wuhan seafood market.

Edited by Great Old Man
  • Thanks 1

January 28, 2020 - Hong Kong(CNN)Hong Kong announced Tuesday that it was closing many of its border crossings with mainland China in a bid to contain the Wuhan coronavirus, as the death toll from the outbreak topped 100, with more than 4,500 cases in the mainland. Source 

——————————-

So they are officially estimating a 2.2% death rate 

• Thanks 1

No cases in the UK yet :D

< opens bag of popcorn in a smug manner > 

Just now, RoofGardener said:

No cases in the UK yet :D

< opens bag of popcorn in a smug manner > 

Sure there are. Theyre just stuck waiting in line in your health system :P

(i really dont believe that but feel like talking ****)

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Sure there are. Theyre just stuck waiting in line in your health system :P

(i really dont believe that but feel like talking ****)

Pfffft... you're just jealous 'cos we haven't got any cases yet :D

< munches popcorn > 

< looks at popcorn bag > 

Hmm.... "made in Wuhan, China"

ummmmmmmm........ 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Pfffft... you're just jealous 'cos we haven't got any cases yet :D

< munches popcorn > 

< looks at popcorn bag > 

Hmm.... "made in Wuhan, China"

ummmmmmmm........ 

I hit laugh on your post but am crying on the inside. This time of year we're flooded with snowbirds who are the epitome of susceptible and contagious. Worst of all is theyre all retired of course so they do lots of traveling bringing god knows what back to my little town.

13 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I hit laugh on your post but am crying on the inside. This time of year we're flooded with snowbirds who are the epitome of susceptible and contagious. Worst of all is theyre all retired of course so they do lots of traveling bringing god knows what back to my little town.

Hmmm.. you shouldn't get snowbirds returning from WuHan... it's climate is Temperate.. so its a chilly 4-8 degrees at the moment. Plus it is an unpleasant polluted city. I can't imagine many US tourists WANTING to go there ? 

They make great popcorn, however ! 

< munch munch > 

3 hours ago, susieice said:

Japan and Germany confirmed one case each in which the patient had never been to China.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/coronavirus-china-japan-latest-outbreak-bus-driver-wuhan-death-toll-a9305406.html

In Germany 4 confirmed and 40 suspected cases meanwhile.

each in which the patient had never been to China.

Look:

On 1/28/2020 at 9:39 AM, toast said:

First confirmed case in Germany today. An employee of an automotive part manufacturer in Bavaria was diagnosed with the Corona virus, the concerned is in stable conditions. Happily, the path of infection is known. The company operate some production facilities in China, so in Wuhan as well and a member of the Wuhan branch was visiting the HQ in Bavaria from 19JAN on. 

The new case acquired on German soil proves that the disease can be spread in the incubation phase.

This is far more dangerous than SARS or MERS, because they were only communicable during the infectious phase.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

Such fear mongering.

The vast majority of those who get infected are not dying.

The corno virus fatality rate is being estimated at 2-4 percent.

For comparison SARS was 10 percent and MERS was 34 percent.

2-4 percent is still an issue that needs took care of, but there is no need to spread fear that if you get it you are going to die.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Such fear mongering.

The vast majority of those who get infected are not dying.

That’s correct, but 2% of 6 billion souls on earth is a considerable number.

This has the hallmarks of a true pandemic. 

Swiss, Austrian Airlines, British Airways and Lufthansa have cancelled all flights to and from China.

Good choice.

• Like 3

Pay close attention folks ....

Question posed to google “Can the pneumonia shot prevent ARDS”

Answer:

How can ARDS be prevented? Vaccinations against influenza and pneumonia can prevent some cases of ARDS. If a patient has a fever, cough, and chest pain, he or she could have pneumonia. Early treatment with antibiotics may prevent it from progressing to ARDS. Early treatment of other infections may also prevent ARDS. https://www.thoracic.org/patients/lung-disease-week/2012/ards-week/general-info.php

Pneumonia vaccine

Getting the pneumonia vaccine reduces, but doesn’t eliminate, your risk of getting pneumonia. There are two types of pneumonia vaccines: the pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV13 or Prevnar 13) and pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine (PPSV23 or Pneumovax23). Source

Edited by Raptor Witness

Interesting interactive map showing spread of the coronavirus .... https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Coronavirus spread: Why blame bats? Mercury news 1-29-2020

Very interesting article 

Edited by Raptor Witness

Cases are still accelerating at an exponential rate ...

The WHO appears set to announce a world health emergency, tomorrow.

This will really set off the alarm bells.

Edited by Raptor Witness

Due to Wuhan Corona,

all Asian unwelcome in western countries.

I'm Korean but they consider me as Chinese.

they believe that I'm bat-eating barbarian.

In fact, my ancestor is the Hun in Song Dynasty who ran away from Mongol Genghis khan in 1100,

Maybe some portion is right... but I'm not a virus.

so sad

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51294305

Edited by Great Old Man
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Great Old Man said:

Due to Wuhan Corona,

all Asian unwelcome in western countries.

I'm Korean but they consider me as Chinese.

they believe that I'm bat-eating barbarian.

In fact, my ancestor is the Hun in Song Dynasty who ran away from Mongol Genghis khan in 1100,

Maybe some portion is right... but I'm not a virus.

so sad

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51294305

Well I don't beleive your a Bat Eating Barbarien, in fact having lived in Korea for 8 years I have a great deal of experience with Korean out door markets. In all the years I have lived in South Korea, I certainly have seen many strange things in Korean out door markets, but I have never seen Bats being used as food.

As far as some Westerners thinking Koreans are Chinese, that's just ignorance and we both understand that very clearly. Sadly to say, all Asians look alike to most Western people, and I doubt that will ever change, but I do appreciate how you feel because the women I have been married to for 34 years is also Korean

if I were you I would not worry about what others think, it doesn't serve any purpose to do so except to make you continually upset. Just put it in your tail lights and move on, and try to keep a positive attitude like Buddha would tell you to do.

Keep this in mind as you move farword:

“The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, never fear what others think of you, and depend on no one except yourself. Only the moment you reject all help are you truely freed.”

Buddha

Peace be unto you my Brother.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, OverSword said:

6qLnAzt-uwwbrbLUV8UYqjILECWRfoHbe6akDTC1

That's really cool and also very prophetic, just this morning the WHO was calling Wohan China Raccoon City.:D

In the movie Resident Evil, this is how they spelled Raccoon City.

Peace

• Like 2

19 hours ago, susieice said:

Japan and Germany confirmed one case each in which the patient had never been to China.

I wonder where the connection occurred?

16 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

This is far more dangerous than SARS or MERS, because they were only communicable during the infectious phase.

Yep... if hosts can begin to shed virus as soon as they acquire it, bad times ahead.  I don't think we have any idea just how far it has spread yet.  I don't trust China's record in handling these situations.  The urgency to build two hospitals in a matter of days says a lot about how seriously they seem to be thinking it will be.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

That's really cool and also very prophetic, just this morning the WHO was calling Wohan China Raccoon City.:D

In the movie Resident Evil, this is how they spelled Raccoon City.

Peace

The first time I heard it called that, it was Great Old Man who did it.  I didn't understand why he called it that but it makes more sense, now. :) 

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Mystery pneumonia virus (COVID-2019) in China