Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery pneumonia virus (COVID-2019) in China

Still Waters

3 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Sorry about that here's the link, I think the the tweet feed is bogus. Ecause they arnt talking about it online.

https://bnonews.com/index.php/2020/01/the-latest-coronavirus-cases/

peace

There are multiple articles talking about it, I linked business insider as one along with the official statement from the Chinese national health commission.  People are talking about it you just refuse to see it

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

That's how they survive, just like any life, they will fight to live. But besides that I don't think they have a mind of their own.

Peace

I mean a dead host is no use, they can be too deadly for their own good.

• Like 1

ROK banned Chinese who live or who has been in Wuhan, Hubei Province.

From Feb 4, this act will be implemented.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

There are multiple articles talking about it, I linked business insider as one along with the official statement from the Chinese national health commission.  People are talking about it you just refuse to see it

No I don't refuse to see, the Business Insider article certainly is clear, thanks for patience. 

Peace

4 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I mean a dead host is no use, they can be too deadly for their own good.

Ya they certainly can be. 

Peace.

The First death in the Philippines, and the first recorded outside of China, appears to underline the issue of complications due to bacterial infections, in a potential repeat of what we saw during the 1918 pandemic, as outlined in the NIH’s 2008 study.

The hint here seems to be that given the young age of the victim, the likely bacterial cause is the antibiotic resistant superbug MRSA, but we won’t know that until the results are published.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Thanks 1

"China's Hubei province, the epicenter of a coronavirus epidemic, reported 56 new deaths from the outbreak on Sunday, bringing the total to 350, the local health commission said on Monday."

Reuters: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-hubei/chinas-hubei-reports-56-new-coronavirus-deaths-total-at-350-idUSKBN1ZW0UB

• Like 2

A California couple have been confirmed with the coronavirus. This brings California's total to 6. One had traveled to China and the other one did not. ABC changed the article I linked in post #198 to include them and it brings the US total to 11 cases.

https://www.fox29.com/news/health-officials-confirm-6-cases-of-novel-coronavirus-in-california?fbclid=IwAR2ZkBEuNZwEzasjON4M-8lDdxrIEiYzFmIxtmAZmG-MhOOztAQIGpIbhNM

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, susieice said:

A California couple have been confirmed with the coronavirus. This brings California's total to 6. One had traveled to China and the other one did not. ABC changed the article I linked in post #198 to include them and it brings the US total to 11 cases.

https://www.fox29.com/news/health-officials-confirm-6-cases-of-novel-coronavirus-in-california?fbclid=IwAR2ZkBEuNZwEzasjON4M-8lDdxrIEiYzFmIxtmAZmG-MhOOztAQIGpIbhNM

Stock markets are collapsing in China this morning. 

Chinese Stocks Sink 9% as Markets Reopen to Crisis After Break - Bloomberg 2-2-2020

More than 2,600 stocks fell by the daily 10% limit.

-_______-

So this is what mad money looks like....

• Thanks 1

Coronavirus: scientists identify possible new mode of transmission in human Feces - SCMP 2-2-2020
After entering the intestine and multiplying, it may then be excreted and come into contact with a person's hands, he said.

He also warned that the virus could be turned to vapour by the force of a toilet flushing, endangering people in the same room.

“Now disinfection of toilets may be on the agenda,”

My suspicion now, is that with this ability, it will give the virus super-spreader status. I also now join in the belief that this will likely be a pandemic. The virus is unusually robust, apparently harnessing the machinery of many cells in the body.

Woe to the nations who fail to close their airspace to all travel, from any nation. 

A super-spreader is an unusually contagious organism infected with a disease. A sick human can be a super-spreader; they would be more likely to infect others, compared with a typical infected person.[1]Super-spreaders are therefore a high concern in epidemiology, the study of the spread of diseases. Source

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, susieice said:

Ninth US case confirmed in California.

Not trying to single you out Suscience, you are an informative and great poster. But just wanting to compare another deadly virus that is not getting the same coverage.

While the impact of flu varies, it places a substantial burden on the health of people in the United States each year. CDC estimates that influenza has resulted in between 9 million – 45 million illnesses, between 140,000 – 810,000 hospitalizations and between 12,000 – 61,000 deaths annually since 2010.

1200-6100 deaths per year. Influenza, just trying to initiate some perspective.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Not trying to single you out Suscience, you are an informative and great poster. But just wanting to compare another deadly virus that is not getting the same coverage.

1200-6100 deaths per year. Influenza, just trying to initiate some perspective.

This is true Kismit. Every year the flu kills thousands. Actually, the number of coronavirus cases outside of China proper is very miniscule. There are 11 cases in the US, which has a population of around 320 million. There are several laboratories that are already working on a vaccine. So far, 10,000 people have died in the 2019-2020 flu season, with nearly every state reporting high flu activity. This article is from January 30, 2020. I have to say, I haven't heard so much on the news about how bad the flu is this season. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/1300-people-died-flu-year/story?id=67754182

Early 2019 to 2020 flu activity primarily was driven by influenza B/Victoria viruses, for which the vaccine is not a great match. Now, that flu activity is changing, "an increase in A/H1N1," Schaffner said.

So far, 10,000 people have died and 180,000 people have been hospitalized during the 2019-2020 flu season, according to preliminary estimates from the CDC.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Essan said:

Yes, there have been 8,200 deaths from coronavirus in the USA alone this winter .....

https://www.contagionlive.com/news/us-flu-cases-climb-to-15-million-with-54-pediatric-deaths-recorded-in-201920-season

Umm... I think those are deaths from Influenza, not coronavirus ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Umm... I think those are deaths from Influenza, not coronavirus ? 

'flu is a coronavirus ;)  As is the common cold

31 minutes ago, Essan said:

'flu is a coronavirus ;)  As is the common cold

Influenza is distinct from Coronavirus. They are two different creatures. (or rather, groups of creatures). 

4 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Influenza is distinct from Coronavirus. They are two different creatures. (or rather, groups of creatures). 

Hard to distinguish the difference though. link

Common coronavirus symptoms can include:

— Fever
— Dry cough
— Shortness of breath
— Aching muscles
— Fatigue

Less typical coronavirus symptoms:

— Phlegm buildup
— Headache
— Hemoptysis 
— Diarrhea

Symptoms atypical for coronavirus:

— Runny nose
— Sore throat

A runny nose and a sore throat are typical signs of upper respiratory infection. Therefore, those who have bouts of sneezing or get the sniffles likely have the flu or a common cold. 

As the new coronavirus generally affects the lower respiratory tract, most of those infected exhibit a dry cough, shortness of breath or pneumonia, but not a sore throat.

• Thanks 1

Coronavirus: Kenya, Ethiopia, Botswana record new suspected cases - Africa News - 02/03/2020

Also, my source suggests that it will be there that a mutation can take place, but the nature of this change is still being kept from me. However, a doctor of animals does come to mind. 

I strongly advise that any sick veterinarians or veterinary workers in Africa, be watched very closely. This should be a top priority of every nation. No veterinary workers should be allowed to treat any animals, while carrying this virus, anywhere on earth.

A storm is coming, a greenish, dark mass, the smell of iron in her blood. Source 12-16-2019

The curious thing about this timely forecast, is that there are not many “storms” that would be interested in “blood,” only one kind I would imagine.

This line was actually taken from an incident that I experienced in childhood, which is a distant memory, but one that made a strong impression on me. 

It was an incident involving the story of a species, which traveled aboard ships to the New World, and found a new home there. A flying species.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Raptor Witness said:

No, the flu is a different animal, chief.

Orthomyxoviridae

Okay, I was wrong cos the literature I read was misleading ;)     When I read that coronaviruses "cause illnesses like 'flu or the common cold" I assumed they were examples, not just that the symptoms/effects were the same :P   Mea culpa.

Notwithstanding which, the 'flu has killed 8,200 people in the USA this winter.  And no-one is panicking!

• Like 3

China Arrested Doctors Who Warned About Coronavirus Outbreak. Now Death Toll’s Rising, Stocks Are Plunging.

They were part of a medical school’s alumni group on WeChat, a popular social network in China, and they were concerned that SARS, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome, was back. 

It wasn’t long before police detained them. The authorities said these eight doctors and medical technicians were “misinforming” the public, that there was no SARS, that the information was obviously wrong, and that everyone in the city must remain calm. On the first day of 2020, Wuhan police said they had “taken legal measures” against the eight individuals who had “spread rumors.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/china-arrested-doctors-warned-coronavirus-111252311.html

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Over 100 students at Princeton have self isolated themselves for 14 days. They had traveled to China within the last 2 weeks.

https://6abc.com/health/100-princeton-students-in-self-isolation-amid-coronavirus-scare/5901137/?fbclid=IwAR1pC59AD84PJ61z24ZSri7DmCg8pcuwwlQk6V__A7ivIEqZa3cqMkyyvXw

• Thanks 3

"Health authorities in Hubei announced on Tuesday that coronavirus fatalities in the province had risen to 414 after 64 deaths were reported overnight – yet another daily record."

At the SCMP: https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3048815/coronavirus-china-death-toll-hits-425-new-cases-hubei-jump

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Mystery pneumonia virus (COVID-2019) in China