Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery pneumonia virus (COVID-2019) in China

Still Waters

59 minutes ago, Crikey said:

I'm not a biologist but is it possible that every once in a while throughout Earth's billions-of-years history a virus randomly evolves that drastically thins out the human race?

Absolutely, and there is no question that the earth may even think of us as an enemy, at present. The simple reason is, we are such a threat to diversity on the planet.

With respect to the argument that the death rate in men is higher due to their higher rates of Heart disease and diabetes, that still doesn’t explain why the virus is selecting for men at the receptor site in the lungs.

I have no suspicions beyond the issue of the number of receptors in men, as an odd coincidence, and the simple fact that men are primarily on the battlefield in war.

I never thought I would see the day when I was taking the side of Senator Tom Corton of Arkansas, but in this case I think it’s foolish to ignore the possibility that this could be a bioweapon, which has been accidentally released.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Men are statistically more liking to have heart disease or diabetes. Those compromise your immune system.

So the stat makes sense to me.

It certainly does make sense, but the Rapture is concerned with making sense, only with proving he's a prophet.

Peace

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crikey said:

I'm not a biologist but is it possible that every once in a while throughout Earth's billions-of-years history a virus randomly evolves that drastically thins out the human race?

Happen on a regular basis, since 1918 we have had 6 such events.

peace

The WHO put out a nice "myth busters" page .

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/myth-busters

Do vaccines against pneumonia protect you against the new coronavirus?

No. Vaccines against pneumonia, such as pneumococcal vaccine and Haemophilus influenza type B (Hib) vaccine, do not provide protection against the new coronavirus.

The virus is so new and different that it needs its own vaccine. Researchers are trying to develop a vaccine against 2019-nCoV, and WHO is supporting their efforts.

Although these vaccines are not effective against 2019-nCoV, vaccination against respiratory illnesses is highly recommended to protect your health.

You might find this one interesting @Raptor Witness

• Like 1

The case against a pandemic ... can still be made, But I disagree that if this does not peak until April, things are going to get a lot better. The reason is, there are so many poor nations without adequate medical services to support these patients, Including being able to test patients to prevent further spread.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

Absolutely, and there is no question that the earth may even think of us as an enemy, at present..

Even Attenborough says the natural world might "do something" to thin out the human race-

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2424515/Tory-councillor-Phil-Taylor-suggests-Sir-David-Attenborough-commit-suicide.html

• Like 1

Bingo.  Maybe the truth lies somewhere in between.

A death tally published by Chinese web giant Tencent before being quickly deleted has sparked debate over the true number of coronavirus victims and whether it is much higher than official statistics show.

On Saturday evening Tencent posted on its virus tracker website that the confirmed number of cases was registered at 154,023 – more than 10 times higher than the official figure at the time, Taiwan News reported.

The number of suspected cases was nearly 80,000 – around four times the official figure, the English language paper said. “Most ominously, the death toll listed was 24,589, vastly higher than the 300 officially listed that day,” the paper said.

Minutes later, the site was updated to reflect official government numbers, however web users noted it was the third time such a correction had been made.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/image-deleted-from-tencent-sparks-doubt-about-official-virus-tally/news-story/54736a213dddd2e6d8d9d0b382ca34b6

Edited by Still Waters
Source link added
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Life on a cruise ship under quarantine.....

A very sad situation. It’s like being on the Titanic, I would imagine, with men from Mars delivering you food, in exchange for sampling of your various body parts.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, susieice said:

It is a wicked government, who harms it's truth tellers and whistle blowers ....  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Another 41 passengers on a cruise ship quarantined off the coast of Japan have tested positive for the coronavirus. That brings the total to 61. Some 3700 people are on board the Diamond Princess. The checks began after an 80 yr old Hong Kong man fell ill after leaving the ship on January 25th. Another cruise ship, the World Dream, is also quarantined in Hong Kong after 8 former passengers became ill. It has about 3600 people on board but none have tested positive for the virus. This brings Japan's total confirmed cases to 86, the highest total behind China. All the sick are in hospitals.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-51409800?ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook&ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&fbclid=IwAR3AZo7xZtA5TLGdVSr3vUTNoa4I4YRbAOMuQasJnikaSgE_y1TqkrROqDg

The 61 confirmed cases are from:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

China says Wuhan coronavirus victims who die should be quickly cremated without funerals as death toll risesBusiness Insider 2-1-2020

This is the kind of news that I find deeply troubling, but it is figuratively what we see happening on the ground, at this very minute in the Far East.

The disposition of the bodies adds to my belief that this virus could become an even more serious threat to the rest of the world.

..... it will be as if far more than the gates of Hell have prevailed. It will be the East wind blowing the chaff. 12-26-2020 Source

“Blowing the chaff," is another contextual statement, which refers to 

Separating the wheat from the chaff - Bible

"This verse describes wind winnowing, the period's standard process for separating the wheat from the chaff. ... The wind would then blow away the lighter chaff allowing the edible grains to fall to the threshing floor, a large flat surface. The unneeded chaff would then be burned" Source

Edited by Raptor Witness

Over 60 aboard the cruise ship Diamond Princess docked in Japan are now infected. Most passengers are kept in tiny rooms like lab rats, only allowed to run on their wheels for about an hour per day.

• Thanks 1

A Third cruise ship, the Westerdam denied port entry anywhere, due to suspected infections on board ...

Note: This story is new, and slowly leaking out.

Skip to the 4:50 minute mark, below ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some news:

"A second plane load of Australian coronavirus evacuees from Wuhan will be quarantined at an unused mining camp near Darwin."

At ABC Australia: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-07/inpex-village-darwin-coronavirus-evacuees/11942338

And more about the Westerdam cruise ship:

"A cruise line is reportedly requesting help from the US Navy after a ship with 1,455 passengers, including a couple from Adelaide, has been denied entry to Japan after days sailing "around in circles" in the South China Sea."

At ABC: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-07/stricken-westerdam-cruise-ship-denied-entry-to-japan/11943860

• Like 1

Singapore reports several new cases, which are not linked to China travel, suggesting that a pandemic may be near ....

The reason is simple, people outside China, with no apparent connection to China will likely  try to hide from their governments, to avoid the discrimination or hassle of a quarantine, telling themselves that they simply have a cold or the flu. 

In my opinion, and it’s just common sense, this is what will cause the pandemic to occur; the simple fear of isolation and discrimination, or of dying alone, or among strangers.

The East Wind is indeed, now blowing towards the United States .... who still refuse to close their air space, as if they were immune from this virus.

A third case on the UK is now linked to Singapore ...

Edited by Raptor Witness

I keep trying to believe that a pandemic could be avoided if all nations stopped all air travel, but it may already be too late. 

The problem I see with the argument being made in Singapore, right now, is underestimating how overwhelmed the health care system will quickly become, resulting in far higher rates of mortality.

This is a very poor judgment, in my opinion. Arguing that this will be like the flu is ridiculous, because many people have immunity or some immunity from the flu virus, but they do not have immunity from this virus.

The unfortunate question has to be asked, was this virus engineered by someone to help remove the old and the sick from our populations? It’s not an unreasonable question to ask, given the behavior that we see in Singapore, which will likely spread to other nations dealing with this.

Edited by Raptor Witness

21 hours ago, susieice said:

He is a true hero. Someone who just tried to do the right thing, despite those in power in his way.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

"Eight more Americans from a quarantined cruise ship off Japan have been confirmed to have new coronavirus, bringing the total number of U.S. citizens diagnosed on the liner to 11, the operator said on Friday.

"One of them, Rebecca Frasure from Oregon, spoke to NBC News shortly after receiving her test results and as she waited to be airlifted to a Japanese hospital."

At Euronews: https://www.euronews.com/2020/02/07/eight-americans-diagnosed-coronavirus-cruise-ship-japan-n1132251

At CNN: https://edition.cnn.com/videos/world/2020/02/07/coronavirus-diamond-princess-quarantined-cruise-ship-us-patient-ripley-pkg-intl-ldn-vpx.cnn

Elsewhere: "4 passengers from New Jersey cruise ship being evaluated; all others cleared"

At ABC11: https://abc11.com/health/4-from-nj-cruise-ship-being-evaluated-for-coronavirus;-others-cleared/5910452/

"A British honeymooner is being taken to hospital after he and dozens of other passengers tested positive for coronavirus on a cruise ship near Japan."

At Times-Series UK: https://www.times-series.co.uk/news/national/18219241.british-man-honeymoon-cruise-among-dozens-testing-positive-coronavirus/

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2

The attitude of the Singaporean authorities is starting to run me remind me of a scene from the movie Gladiator, where the Tigris of Gaul salutes the emperor.

Edited by Raptor Witness

Like fingers on a rocky shoal, ”Dread” will their commanders cry out, of this plaga from the cursed sky. Tiny stones at sunset, sent from Goliath’s grasp. Source 12-10-2019

49502962001_4eac318312_c.jpg

Source

Did endangered Asian pangolins spread the China coronavirus to people? Nature 2-7-2019

Genetic sequences of viruses isolated from the scaly animals are 99% similar to that of the circulating virus — but the work is yet to be formally published.

Pangolins are protected animals, but illegal trafficking is widespread, and some species are critically endangered. They are sold, controversially, for their meat and scales, and for use in traditional Chinese medicine, in which parts of the animal are used to treat ailments such as skin diseases, menstrual disorders and arthritis. Chinese law states that people selling pangolins can be punished by 10 years or more in prison.

Edited by Raptor Witness

• The title was changed to Mystery pneumonia virus (COVID-2019) in China