Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery pneumonia virus (COVID-2019) in China

Still Waters

A virologist is intrigued by the Pangolin jump theory.

“Why now,” he wonders ....

Edited by Raptor Witness

Excellent and lively debate regarding China censoring the hero doctor.

Way above average content, so worth the watch ...

• Like 1

On 2/6/2020 at 7:00 PM, Raptor Witness said:

Life on a cruise ship under quarantine.....

A very sad situation. It’s like being on the Titanic, I would imagine, with men from Mars delivering you food, in exchange for sampling of your various body parts.

It reminds me one of the Simpson's episodes

S23E19 

although cruise was believed to safe and travelers believed other rest of world was pandemic...

The-Simpsons-Season-23-Episode-19-36-ed3

• Like 1

Here is something a little more up beat than all the Gloom and Doom that is currently being spread by some of the Media and by people who don't really understand how Viruses like this work. This is not the end of the World!

If you are concerned and don't understand what the possible out come may be please take the time to read this Link:

https://www.statnews.com/2020/02/04/two-scenarios-if-new-coronavirus-isnt-contained/

Peace and please don't panic.

• Thanks 1

Coronavirus: WHO chief warns against 'trolls and conspiracy theories'

The World Health Organisation (WHO) has warned that "trolls and conspiracy theories" are undermining their response to the new coronavirus.

WHO Director General Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told reporters that misinformation was "making the work of our heroic workers even harder".

"I would also like to speak briefly about the importance of facts, not fear," Dr Tedros said. "People must have access to accurate information to protect themselves and others."

A number of false theories have been spread globally about the virus in recent weeks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-51429400

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

"More people have been killed by the new coronavirus than the 2003 SARS outbreak, according to latest figures.

"A total of 805 people have died from 2019-nCoV, dubbed the Wuhan virus, compared to 774 killed by SARS.

"Both are types of coronavirus which originated in China and virologists say they are genetically close."

At Sky News UK: https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-wuhan-virus-death-toll-overtakes-sars-11928259

And at Bloomberg: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-08/coronavirus-death-toll-rises-to-805-passing-sars-virus-update

• Like 2

The first US and Japanese citizens deaths have been recorded but the patients were in Wuhan. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/coronavirus-china-live-updates/2020/02/08/4fcbd584-49f5-11ea-9164-d3154ad8a5cd_story.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Of the 813 deaths from coronavirus, only 2 have occurred outside of China. SARS still remains the deadlier of the 2, killing 1 out of every 10 people infected. Coronavirus has a 3 out of every 100 infected fatality rate.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/09/coronavirus-has-now-killed-more-people-than-sars-but-remains-much-less-deadly/

China is finally accepting help from the US and WHO in combating the virus.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/08/china-finally-accepts-help-in-battle-against-coronavirus-after-35000-infected/

• Like 2

Update from China Gov:

"As of 24:00 on Feb 8, the National Health Commission had received 37,198 reports of confirmed cases (reduced by 1 by Shanxi province, 1 by Heilongjiang province, 1 by Henan province and 1 by Hainan province after verification) and 811 deaths in 31 provincial-level regions on the Chinese mainland and the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps, and in all 2,649 patients had been cured and discharged from hospital (reduced by 1 by Heilongjiang province after verification).

"There still remained 33,738 confirmed cases (including 6,188 in serious condition) and 28,942 suspected cases.

"So far, 371,905 people have been identified as having had close contact with infected patients.

"188,183 are now under medical observation."

Full Daily Briefing at China’s National Health Commission: http://en.nhc.gov.cn/2020-02/09/c_76373.htm

Interesting video taken of the Wuhan Live Animal market, before closure...

Lots of exotic insects and snakes of all kinds. The bat soup is around the 6:50 minute mark. Be prepared for a shock ....

Apparently a Chinese billionaire, Geu Wengui, has said in a TV interview that 1,200 bodies are being cremated a day, that there have been over 50,000 deaths, over 1.5 million infected with the coronavirus, and 250 million put into quarantine.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WarsontheBrink/status/1226514333078892545

The billionaire has had problems with the Chinese government so reliability can be questioned, he is living in exile but claims to still have contacts in the Chinese government.  He ran into trouble with the Chinese government after he started calling politicians out on corruption.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DarkHunter said:

Apparently a Chinese billionaire, Geu Wengui, has said in a TV interview that 1,200 bodies are being cremated a day, that there have been over 50,000 deaths, over 1.5 million infected with the coronavirus, and 250 million put into quarantine.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WarsontheBrink/status/1226514333078892545

The billionaire has had problems with the Chinese government so reliability can be questioned, he is living in exile but claims to still have contacts in the Chinese government.  He ran into trouble with the Chibese government after he started calling politicians out on corruption.

My belief, based upon most expert conclusions, which are made off the record, is that the number is actually 10 times what is being reported, which would put the fatality rate at roughly somewhere between what is being reported and what this guy is saying, or 750 per day. This would include the people that are dying at home in silence, which may also be why we are seeing the Chinese authorities breaking into peoples homes and taking their temperature by force. Why else would they be doing that?

If the truth is even half what this guy saying, then the situation is far more grave and serious then we are being told, which is horrible.

The sets the stage in the United States, where most people cannot afford to take off work, and where the government has little power to force people to stay at home, for a mass infection.

They can declare all the emergencies they want to, but the truth is, people are going to have to care for one another, people will get sick as a result of that, so it’s not going to matter whether they are home or at work, a certain percentage are going to die. A city the size of Little Rock, Arkansas, for example, only has maybe 500 ICU beds, half of which are likely filled right now, for other things, and that’s being very optimistic. 

The only chance most nations had, at a real quarantine, was to close their airspace, which they have neglected to do.

Watch Africa, because as Africa goes, so goes the world. These types of viruses can become several times more lethal, with a simple mutation.

The greatest danger, going forward that I see, besides the lack of hospital beds, is people who will not believe that they have this virus, and who will convince themselves that they just have a cold or the flu. This also sets the stage for mass infection, due to simple denial.

I would advise that we begin an antibody sharing program, immediately, where survivors donate their blood, and people at high risk, are allowed to received immunity from the survivors, based upon blood type. I know we do this with other severe illnesses, such as Rocky Mountain spotted fever, because I had a close friend of my family, who had survived that illness, and who was a blood donor for his entire life. He saved many lives as a result of his close call with that particular disease.

I say we weaponize the survivors, and make them heroes, which I’m sure many would be glad to be. Even if this virus is only 2% fatal, it could provide a roadmap for the future, when a far higher fatality rate would require a stronger response. I will admit that I have no idea how much blood it would take to immunize a second person, but perhaps we can multiply those antibodies, in vitro, and use those.

Edited by Raptor Witness

I think I posted this prophetic 'Survivors' (1975) first episode earlier, but it's worth posting again for anybody who missed it as it traces step-by-step what we can expect if a pandemic hits us hard-

“I looked, and there before me was a pale horse, Its rider was named Death.." (Revelation 6:8)

Edited by Crikey

< sigh > 

There is an AWFUL lot of panic in this forum. Sure, the virus is dangerous, but we've encountered these before now. 

Many people will catch this virus. Some of them will die. 

And then it will burn out. And we will await the NEXT virus. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

< sigh > 

There is an AWFUL lot of panic in this forum. Sure, the virus is dangerous, but we've encountered these before now. 

Many people will catch this virus. Some of them will die. 

And then it will burn out. And we will await the NEXT virus. 

You right that's what is going to happen, I also wish that some of these people would stop spreading rumors or just making things up. That behavior just serves no purpose except create more fear.

Peace

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

My belief, based upon most expert conclusions,

In other words... stuff you found on conspiracy sites on the internet ? 

Raptor, do the world a favour... go into a darkened room for the next 2-3 weeks, with no connection to the internet, but a good selection of films and books. 

Enjoy yourself, and then come back into the Real World once we have sorted the disease problem out in a sensible and adult way ? (1)

Notes... 

(1) Which may, admittedly , be by running in circles, flapping our hands in the air, and shrieking "we're all gong to dieeeee"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

Raptor, do the world a favour... go into a darkened room for the next 2-3 weeks, with no connection to the internet, but a good selection of films and books. 

Enjoy yourself, and then come back into the Real World once we have sorted the disease problem out in a sensible and adult way ? (1)

Notes... 

(1) Which may, admittedly , be by running in circles, flapping our hands in the air, and shrieking "we're all gong to dieeeee"

The poor individual has lost it, I also tried to talk to the individual but it doesn't work. In his mind he believes that he prophesied this entire event. It is really sad, but it just goes to show what can happen if you let yourself beleive something that isn't true.

Peace

39 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Notes... 

The “real world” is not silent, like the good Doctor Who warned the Chinese authorities far ahead of everybody else. 

Have you considered what the ramifications might be, on the next US election, if this virus becomes a pandemic in the United States, and just happens to peak around election time this coming November? I’ll bet you haven’t even imagined what could happen, because your imagination only takes you as far as the tip of your own nose.

The “real world,” it’s full of real people asking the really tough questions, not the silent fools who scramble for the nearest exit, for fear of contemplating the worst.

I can decide for myself who is more extreme, and take it with a grain of salt, rather than trying to silence those voices, by claiming to know what is “real” versus what is false.

Contrary to what some people may believe, the false prophets are always providing the nearest, dearest hope of foolish promises and expectations, which are never tied to reality, either. The truth is more likely to be found somewhere in between, so give me the worst, and I’ll decide.

Edited by Raptor Witness

There seems to be a disturbing new trend starting to appear in China.  More videos are starting to make it online showing people trying to purposefully spread the coronavirus.  

https://mobile.twitter.com/no_itsmyturn/status/1226589461523443719

I have heard a rumor that something similar to a cult is forming in China with the goal of spreading the coronavirus.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

There seems to be a disturbing new trend starting to appear in China.  More videos are starting to make it online showing people trying to purposefully spread the coronavirus.  

https://mobile.twitter.com/no_itsmyturn/status/1226589461523443719

I have heard a rumor that something similar to a cult is forming in China with the goal of spreading the coronavirus.

Probably a hoax, but disturbing, nevertheless.

It sort of reminds me of the dentist who gave HIV to his unsuspecting patients in the United States. So we might expect some secrecy, if this pattern in China was for real?

Edited by Raptor Witness

Perhaps one of the more interesting things about the new hospital located in Wuhan, China, is it they feel the need to put bars on the windows.

It’s as if they are saying, these patients have rabies.

Only the Chinese would think to put bars on the windows of a standard hospital room, but why should we be surprised the way they treated their doctor who alerted them back in December, as to what was truthfully going on.

Edited by Raptor Witness

Five Britons in French ski resort catch coronavirus after contact with man who had been in Singapore - CNA 2-8-2020

PARIS: Five British nationals including a child have been diagnosed with the coronavirus in France, after staying in the same ski chalet and coming into contact with a person who had been in Singapore, French health officials said said on Saturday.

-____________-

Can we say “Pandemic” yet?  Who wants to travel to Singapore?  Not me .....

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Notes... 

Here is what is expected to happen long term with the 2019-nCoV Acute Respriatory Disease. The link below explains what the long term out come will be, and its not the Gloom and Doom that is being proposed by the Conspiracy Theorists here and online.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/02/04/two-scenarios-if-new-coronavirus-isnt-contained/

Peace

• The title was changed to Mystery pneumonia virus (COVID-2019) in China