Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery pneumonia virus (COVID-2019) in China

Still Waters

M-O-O-N That spells Moon.

21 minutes ago, Davros of Skaro said:

Start saying **** like that, you will not!

35 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Start saying **** like that, you will not!

340?cb=20171022210020

1 hour ago, Davros of Skaro said:

I was amused by the following tweet exchange

n2fn9xzl8ol41.jpg

(Stephen King is the author of The Stand; a story that begins with the outbreak of a biological weapons called "Captain Trips" )

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Haha 6

On 3/10/2020 at 4:31 PM, susieice said:

New York City has at least 5 cases and just posted another one. Philadelphia has 1 now. Pennsylvania has 12 cases. Let's see what these mayors and governors do. New Jersey also. They just reported their first fatality. 

NYC is up to 62 cases and will be introducing more restrictions... https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/12/nyregion/coronavirus-new-york-update.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

In China, it continues to wane.

"On March 11, 31 provincial-level regions on the Chinese mainland as well as the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps reported 15 new cases of confirmed infections, 33 new cases of suspected infections, and 11 deaths (10 in Hubei province and 1 in Shaanxi province). 1,318 patients were released from hospital after being cured. 2,206 people who had had close contact with infected patients were freed from medical observation. Serious cases decreased by 235."

China Gov: http://en.nhc.gov.cn/2020-03/12/c_77618.htm

1 hour ago, rashore said:

NYC is up to 62 cases and will be introducing more restrictions... https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/12/nyregion/coronavirus-new-york-update.html

The Mayor insisted he was going to hold the huge St Patrick's Day Parade, but Governor Cuomo intervened and postponed it. I'm a little over an hour's drive out of NYC. Getting ready to stock up on food now so I don't have to go out for a while. 

even Brazil President has been infected Corona Virus!

That's really disaster.

and He met President Trump before!

https://www.teletrader.com/brazils-bolsonaro-tests-positive-for-covid-19-report/news/details/51509269?internal=1&ts=1584039020261

Edited by Great Old Man
  • Like 2

Coronavirus: Brazil official who met with Trump at Mar-a-Lago tests positive, reports say

Video has emerged showing a Brazilian senior official who has tested positive for coronavirus meeting with President Trump at Mar-a-Lago over the weekend.

Fabio Wajngarten, the press secretary for Brazilian president Jair Bolsonaro, tested positive for Covid-19, according to reports on Thursday. 

The new video shows Mr Wajngarten as he travelled with the Brazilian president, whose health is currently being monitored, to Mr Trump's Florida resort and dined with the president this past weekend.

Independent

Mar-a-Lago: drinks 45-95$ in general, pool/beach/Corona no charge for Imperator-Platinum-Members™

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

• 7 months later...
On 2/3/2020 at 10:10 AM, Raptor Witness said:

No veterinary workers should be allowed to treat any animals, while carrying this virus, anywhere on earth.

• 9 months later...
On 1/3/2020 at 10:36 AM, Still Waters said:

Chinese authorities have launched an investigation into a mysterious viral pneumonia which has infected dozens of people in the central city of Wuhan.

A total of 44 cases have been confirmed so far, 11 of which are considered "severe", officials said on Friday.

The outbreak has prompted Singapore and Hong Kong to bring in screening processes for travellers from the city.

It comes amid online fears the virus could be linked to Sars, or severe acute respiratory syndrome.

The potentially deadly, flu-like Sars virus killed more than 700 people around the world in 2002-03, after originating in China.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-50984025

This was the first thread on the pandemic discovery. Congratulations … @Still Waters.

Meanwhile, It’s noteworthy that @and then was already toying with the idea of letting the disease simply “burn through” all of humanity.

Congratulations to @and then for being the first vaccine skeptic on this topic.

On 1/18/2020 at 9:14 PM, and then said:

Like all other pandemics, it will burn out in time …

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

It’s never going to end. I’m not saying we shouldn’t vaccinate people but vaccination isn’t the end goal. Don’t think by vaccinating yourself that you are helping speed up the process to go back to normal. You aren’t. Nothing can stop this ball rolling now that it is on the hill.

We can only hope that it doesn’t get too far out of hand and require more sacrifices of our privacy and sense of self than it has already demanded us. We can only hope that COVID doesn’t kill more people.

Vaccination is still good, it protects you and people who aren’t vaccinated. Vaccine passports are stupid. They are just one step towards us being controlled more and more.

Edited by ZOXS

On 10/28/2021 at 5:12 AM, ZOXS said:

It’s never going to end.

A less harmful mutation could lead to this being just one of the 200 or so rhino viruses. I wouldn’t be shocked if that is how this eventually played out.

The problem are the number of mammals becoming infected. That’s a real wild card, and could lead to a completely new kind of killer.

On 11/1/2021 at 10:51 PM, Raptor Witness said:

A less harmful mutation could lead to this being just one of the 200 or so rhino viruses. I wouldn’t be shocked if that is how this eventually played out.

The problem are the number of mammals becoming infected. That’s a real wild card, and could lead to a completely new kind of killer.

Even if the virus becomes manageable, the ideology brought by it won’t disappear any time soon. I have heard from people that they will keep wearing a mask even after the pandemic ends.

Some people have become socially awkward or distant due to many different factors. For example, I have heard from dashers (drivers from DoorDash) that they would feel more comfortable with no-contact deliveries staying even after the pandemic. That might not seem like a big deal but every small push for less social interaction adds up. 

Online school has had an uptick as well and now many people want to work from home. Both leading to a further degradation of physical social interaction.

All of this has shifted society and the longer the pandemic lasts, the more we will get used to these changes and adopt them into society. It would be harder to go back to normal after a 5 year pandemic compared to a 3 month one. 

2 hours ago, ZOXS said:

I have heard from people that they will keep wearing a mask even after the pandemic ends.

Thanks in large part to this thread, I bought my N-95 masks in late January of 2020, when they were still on the store shelves. I also got my pneumonia shot around the same time, to help prevent any secondary bacterial infection.

Only local "fools" were wearing masks as early as I was. I still remember the early laughter around town, and the lying CDC which selfishly misled the American people about them.

Wearing N95 masks in public is a smart idea, if you’re worried about catching a cold or the flu. It’s a common practice in parts of Asia.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1