Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

...Did I capture evidence of spirits?

Shawn F

Hello everyone! I just joined this forum mainly to get advice/opinions. I work at a local museum that was a wealthy family home in Toronto (I won't say which one). One week prior to this video, I heard some strange sounds in a part of the house that we weren't using for an evening program, and when I told my coworkers they called me crazy, so determined to defend my honour, I decided to go back one evening to see if I could catch anything. 

It is believed by some that there are spirits in the house, and we do have some stories but most are discredited. I walked around the same part of the house and recorded a three minute long video. In the video there are no dust particles flying in the air and the video was taken at night. There are green floodlights that we use for Christmas, but that's it for lights. When I ask if anyone was with me, and if so to let their presence be known you can see a light anomaly on the bottom left of the screen and then a flash in the middle. Then, when I say "if there's anything I can tell about your story, please let me know" I see what looks like four light anomalies. You only see the light after I ask questions. Now here's the real question: did I genuinely capture something,  or am I reaching for something I want to be true? Watch the video and let me know what you think. 

Thank you in advanced! 

https://youtu.be/Wos_l3kxQ30

• Like 1

Evidence of the paranormal is subjective and if someone does not believe, then you faked it or there will always be some other explanation for anything you ever get. I do not know of any evidence that could satisfy that sort of viewer.

But, even though I believe that there are some valid captures out there, it still remains personal opinion. If you are serious about researching your location there and not simply hoping to generate clicks and views for your channel, then keep trying and find out why four lights might show up as "something to tell about their story". Get more info, try EVPs or the like and have FUN with this, above all else.

Ghost hunting should be done for fun, and if over time you get what you feel is compelling, then good. If not, still good, if you went after it for fun. If your co-workers get snobby just sell this to them as a neat way to maybe generate interest in the museum and as a means to tell the story and history of the place. 

JMO.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Shawn F said:

Now here's the real question: did I genuinely capture something,  or am I reaching for something I want to be true? 

Certainly nobody here can you give that answer definitively. We all have only our best opinions but some will try to claim certainty nonetheless. 

My opinion would be that there is about a good 60% chance you captured some paranormal activity. My opinion is based on your previous experiences and my certain belief that the paranormal is indeed real and out there. Your captures seem to follow a pattern too of other suspicious locations (orbs and quick light anomalies). 

Trust me it's not paranormal activity.  What you heard was probably rats. And the video footage, lens flare or maybe specs of dust.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you're going to capture spirits, you need a good bottle.

christian_brothers_brandy__54539.1489200

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Shawn F said:

Hello everyone! I just joined this forum mainly to get advice/opinions. I work at a local museum that was a wealthy family home in Toronto (I won't say which one). One week prior to this video, I heard some strange sounds in a part of the house that we weren't using for an evening program, and when I told my coworkers they called me crazy, so determined to defend my honour, I decided to go back one evening to see if I could catch anything. 

It is believed by some that there are spirits in the house, and we do have some stories but most are discredited. I walked around the same part of the house and recorded a three minute long video. In the video there are no dust particles flying in the air and the video was taken at night. There are green floodlights that we use for Christmas, but that's it for lights. When I ask if anyone was with me, and if so to let their presence be known you can see a light anomaly on the bottom left of the screen and then a flash in the middle. Then, when I say "if there's anything I can tell about your story, please let me know" I see what looks like four light anomalies. You only see the light after I ask questions. Now here's the real question: did I genuinely capture something,  or am I reaching for something I want to be true? Watch the video and let me know what you think. 

Thank you in advanced! 

People run around looking for confirmation of these things and proof to,I think convince themselves.It's not worth the trouble,people who have experienced the paranormal need no proof and skeptics will never be convinced no matter how much evidence you give them.Ghost hunting is a harmless pastime, though doesn't interest me in the slightest as spirits and entities are around all the time and we get a glimpse when we are in our most sensitive moments,not when we are hunting.

Edited by openozy
  • Like 2

On 1/4/2020 at 3:28 AM, Shawn F said:

Thank you in advanced! 

Hello, I am new as well.

This is great footage!

I believe you have captured orbs. I have in the past as well and so has my close friend. If you have paranormal activity happening there, then I can say from my experience that it is always there, no matter what time of day or night but try to look for patterns of timing with the incidents.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your feedback and comments! 

@Not A Rockstar thanks for your encouragement! I've always been intrested in ghost hunting, and I love our museum and what we do so yes I will try to have fun gathering more and more evidence (I'm still in the phase of being nervous/scared to look for spirits, but I was also so excited when  I caught something!) You're also right when it comes to a personal belief, it just sucks being called crazy haha. The YouTube link I placed for viewing is a hidden link, I dont care about views and clicks, all I was after is guidance and advice, which I'm happy to have received!

@papageorge1 thank you for your feedback! I also appreciate that you gave me a number you thought was accurate and your reasons behind them. I definitely believe we have paranormal activity,  now it's time to find proof!

@openozy thank you for sharing your thoughts and opinions! Your right, skeptics will basically be skeptics and people who believe will always believe. I also believe your correct about when we see spirit, but I also think the spirit(s) in our museum know what we're doing and are pleased with what we do and are ok with giving us signs. 

@Jujo-jo thank you for your advice!! Good luck on your new journey as well :-) 

• Like 2

I think we need more physical tests where the ghostie has to interact with our reality and physically move something. Electrical interference is too common in our world today with walkie-talkies and other electrical equipment going all the time.

If any of these ghost TV series are to be believed, then ghosts can manipulate our reality sometimes, so maybe we should get physical with them first and then refine the tests after that. In the past, I developed a device which had a small metal pendulum inside which lit a red/green LED according to which way it swang. Just a simple switch mechanism, but the kind of thing I am suggesting.

Unless you had strong vibrations or earthquakes, you would be unlikely to get false alarms with this kind of device.