Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Catholic Church hid Nazi / SS War Criminals

Grim Reaper 6

At the end of World War II Nazi War Criminals including the SS, Nazi Collaborators, and others running from Justice were hidden and provided with New Papers by the Vatican and the European Red Cross. The Catholic Church ran an Underground Railroad called The Ratline to transport and hide War Criminals running from Prosecution. Below is a list of notable Nazis who escaped from Europe using this method.

1) Adolf Eichmann - Architect of Hitler's Final Solution

2) Josef Megele - Known as the Angle of Death

3) Walter Rauff - SS Colonel who was instrumental in the building of Mobil gas chamber

4) Franz Stangl - Stangl was responsible for the Aktion euthanasia Program                   

These are just a few of the Major Nazi War Criminals that escaped to South America with Catholic help. I would like to discuss why the Catholic Church and especially the Vatican would facilitate War Criminals dripping with the Blood of their victims to escape Justice. I would also like to address and identify individual Arch Bishops and other Catholic Church members who assisted with these crimes.

i am posting some links that will bring to light some of this information.

https://www.history.com/news/the-7-most-notorious-nazis-who-escaped-to-south-america

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratlines_(World_War_II_aftermath)

http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~confido/genealogy/catholic.html

https://historynewsnetwork.org/article/141486

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• The title was changed to Catholic Church hid Nazi / SS War Criminals
  • This topic was locked, unlocked and locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Alois Hudal (also known as Luigi Hudal; 31 May 1885 – 13 May 1963) was an Austrian titular bishop in the Catholic church, based in Rome. For thirty years, he was the head of the Austrian-German congregation of Santa Maria dell'Anima in Rome and, until 1937, an influential representative of the Austrian Catholic Church.

After 1945, Hudal gained notoriety by working on the ratlines, helping former Nazis and Ustasha families to find safe haven in roverseas countries. He viewed it as "a charity to people in dire need, for persons without any guilt who are to be made scapegoats for the failures of an evil system."He used the services of the Austrian Office (Österreichisches Bureau) in Rome, which had the necessary identity cards ("Carta di riconoscimento"), for migration mainly to Arab and South American countries. It is also alleged that the president of the International Red Cross Carl Jacob Burckhardt and Cardinal Antonio Caggiano were also involved in the "ratlines". 

According to Argentine researcher Uki Goñi, the documents he uncovered in 2003 show the Catholic Church was also deeply involved in the secret network. "The Perón government authorized the arrival of the first Nazi collaborators [in Argentina], as a result of a meeting in March 1946 between Antonio Caggiano, a [newly elevated] Argentine cardinal, and Eugène Tisserant, a French cardinal attached to the Vatican"

After the war, Hudal was one of the main Catholic organizers of the ratline nets, along with Monsignor Karlo Petranović, himself an Ustasha war criminal who fled to Austria and then to Italy after 1945, Father Edward Dömöter, a Franciscan of Hungarian origin who forged the identity of Eichmann's passport, issued by the Red Cross in the name of Ricardo Klement,[64] and Father Krunoslav Draganović, a Croatian professor of Theology.

In 1945, Hudal gave refuge to Otto Wächter. From 1939 onward, as governor of the Cracow district, Wächter organized the persecution of the Jews and ordered the establishment of the Cracow Ghetto in 1941. Wächter is mentioned as one of the leading advocates in the General Government who were in favor of the Jewish extermination by gassing and as a member of the SS team who under Himmler's supervision and Odilo Globocnik's direction planned Operation Reinhard, the first phase of the Final Solution, leading to the death of more than 2,000,000 Polish Jews. After the war, Wächter lived in a Roman monastery "as a monk", under Hudal's protection. Wächter died on 14 July 1949 in the Santo Spirito hospital in Rome.

This is the head of the snake, but it is possible that the Ratlines may lead to the Pope himself.

This is Bishop Alois Hudal

IMG_0173.JPG

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Thanks 1

You throw down a lot of accusations without /any/ corroboration. In fact, doing what you do above — providing links to what you claim supports your claims, but have precious little with them — is widely considered academic dishonesty and borderline libelous. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 1

All very dramatic, but the reality is that the Western Allies spirited away innumerable war criminals after the war, that were down the chain of command, Nuremberg has to be seen as a show trial of the more visible elements. The church would be a small part of that, but the judgement at the time was that widespread punitive treatment of the defeated enemy would not be productive in the emerging Cold War.

Edited by Habitat
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jaylemurph said:

You throw down a lot of accusations without /any/ corroboration. In fact, doing what you do above — providing links to what you claim supports your claims, but have precious little with them — is widely considered academic dishonesty and borderline libelous. 

—Jaylemurph 

First let say there is nothing Libelous or dishonest in my statements I  am sorry if you are Catholic and offended by my accusations against the Vatican. But these are not accusations they are facts, there are many Catholic Clergyman involved in the Ratlines. Bishop Hudal only started the escape route through Italy and Croatia. As this thread progress more and more Church officials will come to light. In fact the line could possible lead to the Pope himself. 

As far as no corroboration, what I have listed is only the top of the iceberg. I suspect you are aware that these events occurred, if your not then sit back and you will learn. Because all the names I have posted concerning War Criminals did use the Ratline to escape to South America. The Catholic Clergy and European Red Cross members named were also involved.

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

All very dramatic, but the reality is that the Western Allies spirited away innumerable war criminals after the war, that were down the chain of command, Nuremberg has to be seen as a show trial of the more visible elements. The church would be a small part of that, but the judgement at the time was that widespread punitive treatment of the defeated enemy would not be productive in the emerging Cold War.

Your so far off base your not even clear thinking. The most notorious War Criminals that escaped the war crimes trials at Nuremberg where helped to escape to South America Via the Catholic Churches Ratline. Adolf Eichmann and Joseph Megele were some of the worst and were responsible for the deaths of millions of Jews, but others I listed above were also Commandants of  Consentration Camps and were also guilt of Crimes against Humanity and the deaths of millions of Jews. Again the one thing they all have in common is the fact that they escaped Justice by being hidden by or through the Catholic Church's Ratline.

peace

below is a Young Joseph Megele  and below him is Adolf Eichmann.

IMG_0175.JPG

IMG_0176.JPG

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

I'm not saying the church wasn't complicit, but there was limited political will to antagonize Germans in the emerging Cold War, by punitive treatment of those who participated in the mayhem, it just looks like you want to do a number on the church. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Habitat said:

I'm not saying the church wasn't complicit, but there was limited political will to antagonize Germans in the emerging Cold War, by punitive treatment of those who participated in the mayhem, it just looks like you want to do a number on the church. 

In this thread we are talking about War Criminals responsible for the deaths of millions who were given false documents and passports so they could escape prosecution. The members of the Church who were responsible for this knew who these people really were, and had no remorse about helping them escape to South America.

The Catholic Church has many hidden secrets that are or have come to light, keeping secrets is something that is critically wrong with this Church and it has ruined the lives of some many people. It's about time these secrets are exposed, there is no good reason to hide them any longer.

if you can't handle the truth it best to stay away from this thread, because many facts are going to come 

peace

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

In this thread we are talking about War Criminals responsible for the deaths of millions who were given false documents and passports so they could escape prosecution. The members of the Church who were responsible for this knew who these people really were, and had no remorse about helping them escape to South America.

The Catholic Church has many hidden secrets that are or have come to light, keeping secrets is something that is critically wrong with this Church and it has ruined the lives of some many people. It's about time these secrets are exposed, there is no good reason to hide them any longer.

if you can't handle the truth it best to stay away from this thread, because many facts are going to come 

peace

You are just making yourself look silly, the US gave refuge to innumerable Nazi villains who were seen as assets in the Cold War.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

You are just making yourself look silly, the US gave refuge to innumerable Nazi villains who were seen as assets in the Cold War.

Outside of Eric Von Braun, please name them. If you can't do some research and fine the Names of Mass Murders not just Nazis that the US gave refuge too.

if you can't who really looks silly!!

peace

Edited by Manwon Lender

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Outside of Eric Von Braun, please name them. If you can't do some research and fine the Names of Mass Murders not just Nazis that the US gave refuge too.

if you can't who really looks silly!!

peace

You are in dreamland, there were many with intricate knowledge of the Russians from their experience on the Eastern Front, and that information wasn't extracted by offering a cup of tea. They were a military asset, whose co-operation earnt them the get-out-of-jail card. That's what happens in the real world.

• Like 1

Look at Speer, a major villain, but kept his life because he was very co-operative with the allies, in outlining the intricacies of the Nazi regime and war effort.

Just now, Habitat said:

You are in dreamland, there were many with intricate knowledge of the Russians from their experience on the Eastern Front, and that information wasn't extracted by offering a cup of tea. They were a military asset, whose co-operation earnt them the get-out-of-jail card. That's what happens in the real world.

Post names of Mass Muders who the US gave refuge too.

Because your only blowing smoke up your own backside, not mine.:-*

peace

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

Look at Speer, a major villain, but kept his life because he was very co-operative with the allies, in outlining the intricacies of the Nazi regime and war effort.

Again name some names of Criminals who were brought back to the USA and given refuge. Albert Spear was found guilty and served a prison sentence. He never came to the USA.

i hope your comprehension of English is able to allow you to answer the questions I have asked. 

Just now, Manwon Lender said:

Post names of Mass Muders who the US gave refuge too.

Because your only blowing smoke up your own backside, not mine.:-*

peace

You are kidding yourself, it was a very common quid pro quo with people who they had dirt on, having a blind eye turned to their wartime brutality, in return for information of military and particularly intelligence value. If Speer beat the noose by it, all bets are off.

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Again name some names of Criminals who were brought back to the USA and given refuge. Albert Spear was found guilty and served a prison sentence. He never came to the USA.

i hope your comprehension of English is able to allow you to answer the questions I have asked. 

I notice you becoming increasing aggressive on these boards, when I say given refuge, I am not talking geographically. but in terms of freedom from prosecution.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Habitat said:

You are kidding yourself, it was a very common quid pro quo with people who they had dirt on, having a blind eye turned to their wartime brutality, in return for information of military and particularly intelligence value. If Speer beat the noose by it, all bets are off.

First Albert Speer was not found guilty of Crimes against Humanity, and next Name some names of Mass Murders  who the US gave Refuge too in the United States. I am not getting at all aggressive in my comments or my behaviour, unlike you I am not criticised for my comments repeatedly. The only difference between my posts in the past and my posts now is that I am no longer am going to be anyone's punching bag. Almost all forum members I have had run ins with are no longer my adversaries, we have come to a uderstanding that is equitable for both of us. Can you say the same thing, I hope so.

peace

44 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I notice you becoming increasing aggressive on these boards, when I say given refuge, I am not talking geographically. but in terms of freedom from prosecution.

If you want to continue to post to this thread please add some information with links that support your comments. If you can't or won't do this please do not continue to post to this thread. This thread was closed earlier today by Saru, I told him that I would ensure that this tread stayed on topic. The topic of this thread is The Catholic Church hid Nazi / SS War Criminals. Throughout this thread my comments, except to you have been on topic. If you can't also offer proof to back up your comments you are not following suit. 

Pleas don't make me have you removed for trying to highjack this thread.

Peace.

Edited by Manwon Lender

5 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

If you want to continue to post to this thread please add some information with links

I have, see above.

9 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I have, see above.

Your link proves nothing, the only name mentioned in the link has The the words might have been used to describe US involvement. In addition what useful information would gotten from a SS Soldier who work at a Camp. He had nothing to offer the US, if he had been caught he would have hung. Another point to mention is that Albert Speer isn't even mentioned in that link. 

Please post something with content not something that says Might have been, I mean that's nothing more than an opinion.

peace

4 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Your link proves nothing, the only name mentioned in the link has The the words might have been used to describe US involvement. In addition what useful information would gotten from a SS Soldier who work at a Camp. He had nothing to offer the US, if he had been caught he would have hung. Another point to mention is that Albert Speer isn't even mentioned in that link. 

Please post something with content not something that says Might have been, I mean that's nothing more than an opinion.

peace

Dream on. I actually worked in the 70's alongside a character from the Baltic states ( he was never more specific than that) who had high tailed it outta there post WW2, he was in the thick of it with the Nazis, and in the employ of the German High Command he claimed, the tales he told would curl your hair. He was quite pleased with his sadistic activities, and it surprised me that he was bold enough to talk about it. One of millions that didn't answer for their wartime activities. A significant number of villains from Croatia who were part of the Nazi apparatus made it to Australia post war, as well.

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

USA had need for their scientific talent, what was the need for the church to save them? 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, kartikg said:

USA had need for their scientific talent, what was the need for the church to save them? 

I'm not  making the case for the church being innocent, but they are a very small part of the story, and the idea that being an asset in the Cold War ought clean the slate, is a case I'm not making either.

16 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I'm not  making the case for the church being innocent, but they are a very small part of the story, and the idea that being an asset in the Cold War ought clean the slate, is a case I'm not making either.

26 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Dream on. I actually worked in the 70's alongside a character from the Baltic states ( he was never more specific than that) who had high tailed it outta there post WW2, he was in the thick of it with the Nazis, and in the employ of the German High Command he claimed, the tales he told would curl your hair. He was quite pleased with his sadistic activities, and it surprised me that he was bold enough to talk about it. One of millions that didn't answer for their wartime activities. A significant number of villains from Croatia who were part of the Nazi apparatus made it to Australia post war, as well.

I have not acted aggressive towards you, but you appear to be slipping. Your think you know something about this subject, let me explain my back ground. My family including my Father fought in the German Military during World War II. I have heard stories about how bad the Nazi Regime and the SS were, first hand from someone I trust. I was taught at a young age that all the stories were true, and that I should never forget what happened because it can never be allowed to happen again. My mother and father immigrated from Germany in the 1950s and I was born in the USA. Please don't post information with out a link unless it's something that happened to you personally,second hand information does this thread no good.

peace

• Like 1