Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Another Time and Place?

Dustyrose33

I have no idea what causes this vision in my mind when listening to this music, which is why I felt this topic belonged here because it deals with the mind.  So, I'll try to describe this the best I can.   This music is by a German band (Kraftwerk) and the name of the tune is called Transistor.   During the music is a vision that I'm in an open carriage drawn by two white horses, and the day is bright and clear.   A few dogs are running with the carriage and we are all very happy.   

I used to cry when I heard this tune and had this vision because I wanted so much to be there again.  Every time I've listened to this tune I clearly see the horses, dogs and carriage.  It never happens with any other tune.   I'm not a solid believer in reincarnation,  but could this be from another place and time maybe?

Listen to 8-12 Ramones songs and you will be fine again.

• Haha 2

Just a stab in the dark but it could be that the tune or a variation of the tune was the background to a scene in a movie that you saw when you were young(er). Certain associations bring back memories depending how much impact an event had on you.

• Like 4

Just now, ai_guardian said:

Just a stab in the dark but it could be that the tune or a variation of the tune was the background to a scene in a movie that you saw when you were young(er). Certain associations bring back memories depending how much impact an event had on you.

Yes that's quite possible.

When my grandma died a song came on the radio I'd never heard before it made me cry and I felt such meaning deep in my soul, I thought it was strange because I was listening to a classic rock station, I heard it again one day when missing her and still grieving, ironically it seemed to be out of the ordinary lol so I ended up doing some research and found it was by Gregorian the song is "Ordinary World" which actually Duran Duran had played maybe even wrote I don't know but I never heard it again until 2 years later when my step dad passed away. I've only heard it a once or twice maybe, on the radio in the last 6 yrs. But it has me wondering if there is more to it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Debra F. II said:

When my grandma died a song came on the radio I'd never heard before it made me cry and I felt such meaning deep in my soul, I thought it was strange because I was listening to a classic rock station, I heard it again one day when missing her and still grieving, ironically it seemed to be out of the ordinary lol so I ended up doing some research and found it was by Gregorian the song is "Ordinary World" which actually Duran Duran had played maybe even wrote I don't know but I never heard it again until 2 years later when my step dad passed away. I've only heard it a once or twice maybe, on the radio in the last 6 yrs. But it has me wondering if there is more to it.

Could very well be more to it.   I believe there is far more to life than we know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/4/2020 at 6:10 PM, ai_guardian said:

Agreed. The song reminds me of early 70's movies, it does not seem out of place for a scene as described by the OP. Very Clockwork Orange-ish /Kubrick like.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

On 1/8/2020 at 6:39 AM, iridescence said:

I think it's just a very vivid imagination. Songs trigger specific emotions and memories, they can even remind you of some smell.

Plausible.