Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Terry Gilliam brands #MeToo a witch hunt

Eldorado

"Monty Python member and director Terry Gilliam has lambasted the #MeToo movement, adding that he is “tired” of white men being “blamed for everything that is wrong with the world”.

"Gilliam, who is 79, was unabashed in dismissing the division of blame in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein allegations, which led to increased awareness of sexual harassment in the workplace around the world.

"In an interview with The Independent, Gilliam said that because of #MeToo, “there were a lot of people, decent people, or mildly irritating people, who were getting hammered. That’s wrong.“"

Full monty python at the UK Telegraph: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2020/01/04/terry-gilliam-metoo-witch-hunt/

And at the Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/jan/04/terry-gilliam-metoo-witch-hunt-backlash

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

He's right, there have been a lot of people unfairly targeted. 

However, there's also been enlightenment brought to a few subjects that either disrupt the status quo or break down the barrier of the old guard; unfortunately some things were ignored for far too long, allowed to get far too bad and gently swept under the rug or everyone else turned a blind eye. 

Kind of a double edged sword, you gotta pick your battles. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Not Your Huckleberry said:

Kind of a double edged sword. 

Al Franken fell on his......dumbass.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There is a lot of evil in the world, but, grown azz wimmins going into hotel rooms alone with known couch auditioners to gain parts is old news and how business was done then in Hollywood and still is. Nowdays it is as often men doing it. To decades later pretend you did not know and were shocked to your core to have your **** grabbed and work hard to see the guy ruined is just lame. You clog the airwaves and drown out the few real victims out there who need to be heard. Of course, many of those are gone already to suicide :( 

My daughter knows to not go into a guy's hotel room alone. She knows why. I figure these other gals were at least as smart as my little rocket scientist. If she went anyway and got hurt, I would still beat down the jerk, but later, she'd hear about it and I would not mince words or spare her feelings for being stupid and making half of the problem. Because I told her, I raised her knowing the facts of life and to not be a deer in headlights out there. She shoots as well as I do, has her black belt and is SMART. 

What appalls me is the increase of child stars and smokiness of pedophilia behind the scenes of their success in a few cases. Dance Moms and child beauty pageants.... 

Yeah, there is a lot of evil in the world and the worm does turn but a lot of this was revenge and users getting used. He is right. The only good thing is that society is now more aware of it. Of course, as we watch the lack of progress in the Epstein Hill of crapola, that is also the bad thing and the guilty there will go to any lengths to stay hidden, as if they reek less if we do not know the details.

I wish everything would just stop for a week in the media and the world focus shift to Epstein and trafficking and we as a race together looked at it and dealt with it. 

Just one Gd dam week :( 

• Like 2