Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

20yr-old fastfood burger still looks the same

Eldorado

"A Utah man who bought a McDonald's hamburger for presentations on enzymes said the burger is now more than 20 years old -- and it appears unchanged.

"David Whipple said he originally bought the hamburger July 7, 1999, at the McDonald's in Logan, Utah, to use in presentations on enzymes and deterioration.

"Whipple said the burger ended up forgotten in a coat pocket for several years and it ended up with viral fame when he rediscovered it in 2013."

Full monty at UPI: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2020/01/03/Utah-mans-McDonalds-burger-turns-20-still-looks-new/7871578072537/?sl=7

"forgotten in a coat pocket for several years"  lol

Video report at YouTube:

• Like 4

And we wonder why colon cancer is so prevalent.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

My question is "How do you forgetting putting a burger in a coat pocket?" I can't figure that part out. 

Don't have a clue...:whistle:

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Piney said:

Don't have a clue...:whistle:

I once left a banana in one of my bags and when I discovered it, it was sort of mummified it had dried. :-D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

to use in presentations on enzymes and deterioration.

Whipple said the burger ended up forgotten in a coat pocket for several years and it ended up with viral famewhen he rediscovered it in 2013.

So what happened to his presentation? He presents it, pops it in his coat pocket and that coat does not get worn again for years? 

An Ontario man who attempted a similar experiment with a burger and fries from McDonald's ending up selling the 6-year-old food on eBay in 2019.

He did not have it in a pocket, he had it sitting on a speaker cabinet in his office.

But as it happens, he DID NOT end up selling it on ebay

eBay has since removed the listing and told BuzzFeed News in a statement: "Regarding that listing, it was removed as it is against eBay policy to list or sell unpackaged or expired food."

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-h3g-gb&source=android-browser&q=ontario+man+sells+6+year+old+food+on+ebay

As it happens none of this is too surprising, but the burgers do not really look the same

The burger itself has darkened a little bit. The bun is about as hard as a hockey puck, but it looks just lit it's brand new cosmetically."

And obviously will not taste the same (maybe). 

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

So what happened to his presentation? He presents it, pops it in his coat pocket and that coat does not get worn again for years? 

He did not have it in a pocket, he had it sitting on a speaker cabinet in his office.

But as it happens, he DID NOT end up selling it on ebay

As it happens none of this is too surprising, but the burgers do not really look the same

And obviously will not taste the same (maybe). 

Do you want chips with that:-) 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 'Walt' E. Kurtz said:

Do you want chips with that:-) 

Chips/ fries are already supplied and faired better than the burger.

But I will take a skinny latte with 4 of those silly sugar sachets.

butter-vs-margarine-ants-300x225.jpg&f=1

Highly processed food will fill the hole, make you feel full and may even be tasty. 

It beats going hungry and malnutrition by a long shot... but long term consumption of highly processed food as a main source of your nutrition is going to be problematic.

My son, walking down aisles at the grocery store routinely notes... "hmm... boxes with bright colors... no real food in this aisle."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

Chips/ fries are already supplied and faired better than the burger.

But I will take a skinny latte with 4 of those silly sugar sachets.

That's 100£  please :-) 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, 'Walt' E. Kurtz said:

That's 100£  please :-) 

Leave the sugars, here's a fiver. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, XenoFish said:

My question is "How do you forgetting putting a burger in a coat pocket?" I can't figure that part out. 

Maybe he has a plethora of coats and just set that one to the back of the closet.

• Like 1

I rarely even eat at McDonald's. The cheese is enough for me to question it.

• Like 2