Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Aliens exist and could be living among us

Eldorado

"Aliens exist and they could be living among us, the first British astronaut into space has said.

"Dr Helen Sharman, who went into space 28 years ago, said it is without a doubt that “all sorts of forms of life” are alive in the universe - but perhaps we “simply can’t see them” as they are so different to humanity.

"“Aliens exist, there’s no two ways about it,” Dr Sharman told the Observer Magazine. “There are so many billions of stars out there in the universe that there must be all sorts of forms of life.

"“Will they be like you and me, made up of carbon and nitrogen? Maybe not.

"It’s possible they’re right here right now and we simply can’t see them.”"

Fll monty at the UK Telegraph: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/01/05/aliens-exist-living-among-us-says-first-british-astronaut-space/

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

"“Will they be like you and me, made up of carbon and nitrogen

:lol:

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

"It’s possible they’re right here right now and we simply can’t see them.”"

:huh:........

...........:o

...........I can't think of one damn response for this kind of stupid...:unsure2:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

"It’s possible they’re right here right now and we simply can’t see them.”

Okay, that's needlessly silly...

As for in general, I agree that there's alien life, but as long as it's non-micorscopic, I still find it highly probably that we will recognize it when looking at it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Orphalesion said:

As for in general, I agree that there's alien life, but as long as it's non-micorscopic, I still find it highly probably that we will recognize it when looking at it.

No matter what the size some sort of consumption, waste discharge and respiration would be noticed. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Aliens exist and they could be living among us

*Sigh*

Well I suppose astronauts are nothing but glorified pilots and engineers. She proves it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

No matter what the size some sort of consumption, waste discharge and respiration would be noticed. 

I mean I could imagine some sort of particularly exotic "bacteria mats"(equivalent thereof) maybe being mistaken for a non-biological mineral deposit,  if the chance to examine them is very limited in time and resources (then again there's a lot about chemistry and bio-chemistry I don't know about). But otherwise, I  agree

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Orphalesion said:

I mean I could imagine some sort of particularly exotic "bacteria mats"(equivalent thereof) maybe being mistaken for a non-biological mineral deposit,  if the chance to examine them is very limited in time and resources (then again there's a lot about chemistry and bio-chemistry I don't know about). But otherwise, I  agree

Only from a distance. As soon as it showed signs of consuming/ discharging something, it's alive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

Only from a distance. As soon as it showed signs of consuming/ discharging something, it's alive. 

OH MY GOD!! My dishwasher is alive!!! :o

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Cloud7 said:

3.2% nitrogen... :whistle:

And 65% O, which the dip never mentioned. :whistle:

• Thanks 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

Microbial.  

That's still detectable. 

Just now, Piney said:

That's still detectable. 

But I can't see it. If it's already among us, how exactly would you, I, or anyone else really know?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Microbial.  

Okay that would be a lot more reasonable. But you you gotta admit with wording like:

but perhaps we “simply can’t see them” as they are so different to humanity. 

it's easy to get a more well "airy-fairy" interpretation from the article.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

Aliens exist and they could be living among us, the first British astronaut into space has said.

many people have suggested this-- it sounds as if this person knows more about the existence of alien life than those who are not astronauts.

but as usual there are many who feel if someone in some kinda respected position says it, it must be true= nothing new there, & i'm sure Helen will write a book in the near future- & why not;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

But I can't see it. If it's already among us, how exactly would you, I, or anyone else really know?

It wouldn't be part of the ecological system and make itself known really fast like every other invasive species. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Piney said:

It wouldn't be part of the ecological system and make itself known really fast like every other invasive species. 

Unless our environment kills it or it rapidly adapts.

• Like 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

it rapidly adapts.

Would make it known really fast because it would use resources that other organisms use but use more of them. 

There would then be a break in the chain because of the excessive loss. 

Or it will feed off of something not normally fed off of or interfere with some biological process and "create a symptom".  

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Piney said:

Maybe it steals identities and shops at Walmart...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Maybe they are eating the smart people...absorbing them as it were...and then adapting,  morphing as it were..into a resident 'stupid' person...that's why we can't see them......it's no mistake that the populations around the world seem to be getting dumber not smarter.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, joc said:

Maybe it steals identities and shops at Walmart...

I don't have to worry then. I live in a Target/ Kohls town. :yes: 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Piney said:

Would make it known really fast because it would use resources that other organisms use but use more of them. 

There would then be a break in the chain because of the excessive loss. 

Or it will feed off of something not normally fed off of or interfere with some biological process and "create a symptom".  

There is literally no way to win this is there?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

There is literally no way to win this is there?

You can't introduce a new organism in a life cycle without disturbing it.